Social Domestic grievances. That's it, let it all out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Or over-ripened in the case of "pink" lady apples. Absolutely you can blame it on them.

My relo owns a massive fruit orchard: "Housewives want to buy a shiny red apple". He gives us stuff that is pre production line when we visit.

Speaking of bread going stale- that is what it is supposed to bloody do. ******* supermarkets with their shelf life prolonged sure to mould bread. I can't use mouldy bread you pricks... but I'm back at things that s**t me.
My wife simply can't differentiate between Best Before and Use By dates. If something is on the date or just after, either way, she bins it unless I rein her in.

Here's one...

Every guy has 'the' moment

The moment when your future father in laws barrier comes down - the tipping point when you transform from the enemy trying to steal his precious daughter, to an ally in the struggle against the opposite sex.

It may happen over a few beers, it may happen in front of the footy, mine happened in the kitchen.

It happened about a year in - after a full year of stilted conversions, it was pretty much a year long job interview...

Then, one night, we are in the kitchen at my place, he opens the cupboard to throw something into the rubbish bin...

in goes the apple core - the bin bag follows it in.

"I see Emma has been putting the bin bags in again...."

it was only a throwaway line, but I knew what it meant - he was passing the baton over to me, the 24 years of domestic idiosyncrasies he had been dealing with, were now mine. Good luck.

Id made the grade, the wall was down, now we were kin, in the struggle against the tyranny of the of domestic opposite sex wars.

Never happened with me. I like to think it's because he's a Dingleye supporter.

As far as domestic bliss goes, there are a myriad of little things that used to piss me off, I think I've gotten used to them over the years, no doubt there are "eccentricities" of mine that drive swmbo batty too.

The kids inability to put dishes in the dishwasher drives me troppo. It's right next to the friggen sink ffs. "I thought it had been through". "Did you look?". "Nup". Faaaaaaaaark.

Wifey's tendency to treat the phone as though it's a tin can connected to a piece of string is about the only thing that gets me annoyed these days. Think it's a country thing, her mum used to do it too. "HELLO......." at 400 decibels. Lol

Also, she likes clothes with weird designs that have bits of material sewn to other bits of material in strange places, bits hanging off, seams that go nowhere, pieces with multiple layers. Absolute ******* nightmare to hang.

Mine too!! Absolute bastard to iron as well, I flat out refuse to do those.

I couldn't deal with this. It's genuinely my biggest gripe. I'd end up just putting the clean clothes in the wash over and over again as the clothes belong in three places only IMO - basket, machine/washing line or wardrobe.

I'm the opposite. We have a chair (two actually) in the bedroom, both on my side of the bed. Apparently they aren't for clothes, or for sitting on, they are for looking good and for the cat to sleep on. I often leave stuff on them and come back to find it gone (ie washed and usually still wet). :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm the opposite. We have a chair (two actually) in the bedroom, both on my side of the bed. Apparently they aren't for clothes, or for sitting on, they are for looking good and for the cat to sleep on. I often leave stuff on them and come back to find it gone (ie washed and usually still wet). :mad: :mad: :mad:
See Mrs Beerfish makes out like the chair would be there to look good but we both know it would have her clothes on it before the week was out.

another couple that bother me.

the TV remote.

I can NEVER find it - just go use the button you lazy bugger you might say - this may have been an option back in the day with the big turny channel knob, not any more.

TV companies in their wisdom have gone for minimalist design look over practicality - with the largest screens possible, the buttons are usually ingeniously hidden under a bottom face or round the back somewhere where the only way you can actually see the with your own eyes, is to get on a skateboard on your back, and roll under. its not practical to use the buttons anymore, they are a strictly a break glass option now.

so the remote, where is it?

she dosent know

why?

cause she has to hide it from the kids - they are good finders so she needs to hide it in good places.

so not only am I trying to find a misplaced remote - im actually trying to find a purposely hidden misplaced remote!

usually first try the cracks in the couch cushions, between books in the book shelf, under the couches - I tell you what - my show is half over by thew time I find it.

I just want to de evolve the remote, bring back the chord.

then you have the landline phone - its a cordless with a cradle

she finishes on the phone, just puts it on the ground - I grab it and put it in the cradle - oh your so anal!

next time, I don't do it, days later, where's the phone? I need to make a work call..... why don't you check the cradle? oh that's right - you think that's anal!

now its been a week off, is probably flat and could be anywhere... its not hard is it???

See Mrs Beerfish makes out like the chair would be there to look good but we both know it would have her clothes on it before the week was out.

Not mrs Dave. Hers are worn and washed, no recycling. Me, Not so much, at least when she doesn't steal them!!!!!

A weekend project for you should be to go to Bunnings. Grab some nails and some pieces of timber from their timber offcuts bin. Go home and get cracking.

"What are you doing?" asks Mrs Beerfish.

"It's a surprise" says Beerfish.

A grand 5 minutes later you can plonk the most absurd and disgusting clothes horse/hanger thing in the middle of the bedroom. When she asks what it's for, tell her it's for the clothes she leaves lying everywhere. No need to waste money on a chair that's not for sitting. For impact it should look something like this:

upload_2017-10-25_8-29-34.png

You can tell her it's mobile and can be placed in any room where she feels the need to leave clothes. In fact you can make whole heap of them, she might even be able to give some to her friends. It should get your point across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A weekend project for you should be to go to Bunnings. Grab some nails and some pieces of timber from their timber offcuts bin. Go home and get cracking.

"What are you doing?" asks Mrs Beerfish.

"It's a surprise" says Beerfish.

A grand 5 minutes later you can plonk the most absurd and disgusting clothes horse/hanger thing in the middle of the bedroom. When she asks what it's for, tell her it's for the clothes she leaves lying everywhere. No need to waste money on a chair that's not for sitting. For impact it should look something like this:

View attachment 431657

You can tell her it's mobile and can be placed in any room where she feels the need to leave clothes. In fact you can make whole heap of them, she might even be able to give some to her friends. It should get your point across.

Please Pweter

you are happily married - you know the rules!

no making points! especially salient ones...

if you go to the trouble of planning a trip to bunnings and building something to make a point - her back will be so high up she might backflip with rage!

Please Pweter

you are happily married - you know the rules!

no making points! especially salient ones...

if you go to the trouble of planning a trip to bunnings and building something to make a point - her back will be so high up she might backflip with rage!
Yeah but it's not my wife so it's all good.

'I told you 2 weeks ago I was going wherever'
'What's mine is mine and don't even think about yours'
'I thought I asked you to clean the house' [ that usually said after I've spent 4 hours on a man clean ]
'I'll give you ' you didn't realize how late it was'
'I'm moving back to my mothers'. OH HOW I WISHED SHE'D STAYED THERE.

Surely technology has evolved enough now that they could build in one of those clapper/whistle things into the remote that you used to get on key rings.. or even better an app on your phone that connects to your remote and gives you a range!

I do actually have the fetch app on my phone that I can use as a remote - that's last chance saloon stuff

if she knows it exists itll become the default option (functionality is limited)

im lost without the real thing in my hand!

I guess they have those google home thing snow don't they? where you can tell it to turn tv on or change the channel or whatever - seems a step too far I spose

Surely technology has evolved enough now that they could build in one of those clapper/whistle things into the remote that you used to get on key rings.. or even better an app on your phone that connects to your remote and gives you a range!
Or an app on your phone that functions as a remote? I have a couple of apps for that.

I reckon the worst one is the iphone and the rear jeans pocket...

everytime you walk behind someone with an iphone hanging on for dear life in a rear jeans pokcet that is 65% too small...

you just know shes going home with a cracked iphone to a distraught boyfriend

I reckon the iphone ppl and the jeans pocket makers are in cahoots! keeps them in business.

I say why put it back there???

I don't want to take my hand bag

front pocket?

dosent fit

but it dosent fit in the back one!! its less safe there..

another couple that bother me.

the TV remote.

I can NEVER find it - just go use the button you lazy bugger you might say - this may have been an option back in the day with the big turny channel knob, not any more.

TV companies in their wisdom have gone for minimalist design look over practicality - with the largest screens possible, the buttons are usually ingeniously hidden under a bottom face or round the back somewhere where the only way you can actually see the with your own eyes, is to get on a skateboard on your back, and roll under. its not practical to use the buttons anymore, they are a strictly a break glass option now.

so the remote, where is it?

she dosent know

why?

cause she has to hide it from the kids - they are good finders so she needs to hide it in good places.

so not only am I trying to find a misplaced remote - im actually trying to find a purposely hidden misplaced remote!

usually first try the cracks in the couch cushions, between books in the book shelf, under the couches - I tell you what - my show is half over by thew time I find it.

I just want to de evolve the remote, bring back the chord.
We had our telly for around a year before our toddler found a toggle at the back we didn't know of. Little bloke would then just up and flick through the channels whenever he didn't agree with the current programming, until i'd put his YouTube videos on for him.

Remote with chord, i remember those days fondly. Moving the chair to as far as the remote would let you be to fast forward through the ads on a video.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back