Travel Domestic Travel in AUS

Remove this Banner Ad

When are you looking at going?

I'm not sure Canberra is great for a "family" holiday - a lot of the attractions are things like galleries, memorials, parliament etc... stuff kids want to do at school, not on holidays.

The exception is if you're waiting til the midst of summer. While everyone heads for the beach in February, Canberra has its multicultural festival, it's easily the best week of the year in Canberra. There are plenty of locals who turn up Friday night and don't leave til it finishes on the Sunday.

Hey Nobody do you live in Tassie ?

Didn't like it any more.

Or moved for work or warmer weather.

I'm off to tas next month..I like it there

There's 1000 reasons I left Tassie.

But mainly, like so many Tasmanians seeking "professional careers", I moved for work. You can live a perfectly happy, simple life in Tassie if you can find a career that you're happy with - you become a teacher, or a nurse, or a chippy, or a plumber or whatever, and you do that job forever while working to live. It just wasn't for me.

The reason I stay away is entirely down to family.

An absolutely superb place to visit though, and it bums me out that I have so much baggage there, cos Tassie is incredible.

There's 1000 reasons I left Tassie.

But mainly, like so many Tasmanians seeking "professional careers", I moved for work. You can live a perfectly happy, simple life in Tassie if you can find a career that you're happy with - you become a teacher, or a nurse, or a chippy, or a plumber or whatever, and you do that job forever while working to live. It just wasn't for me.

The reason I stay away is entirely down to family.

An absolutely superb place to visit though, and it bums me out that I have so much baggage there, cos Tassie is incredible.

Hope you feel better soon .

Canberra verse Adelaide for a family holiday?

Open also to alternatives within driving distance of Melbourne that a dog could join us for.

Not wanting to spend days on end at the beach/water.
Depends on what you and your family like to do.

Surf coast has some good doggie beaches ..🐶.

When are you looking at going?

I'm not sure Canberra is great for a "family" holiday - a lot of the attractions are things like galleries, memorials, parliament etc... stuff kids want to do at school, not on holidays.

The exception is if you're waiting til the midst of summer. While everyone heads for the beach in February, Canberra has its multicultural festival, it's easily the best week of the year in Canberra. There are plenty of locals who turn up Friday night and don't leave til it finishes on the Sunday.

Canberra also has Questacon, Tidbinbilla Space Tracking Station, the Mint, Cockington Green.

I lived there for 5 years and returned about 10 years after I left and had a 7 and 5 year old with me. It's a good place for a family for about 4 or 5 days I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back