Travel Domestic Travel in AUS

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks again mate. If there was one of those northern NSW towns you’d pick to stay (good accommodation, amenities etc), would you have a preference?
probably kingscliff (south end) or brunswick heads. but its a 30 min drive between them. actually salt resort at casuarina is very nice and in between the two. casuarina is a new-ish subdivision of kingscliff and yeh, check that out i reckon.

as they are all close by, it will come down to what you can get booked, and what the places offer in terms of amenities. in terms of whether you are at one end or the other, its not really an issue, its all close. and from brunswick to burleigh is 55min drive.

probably kingscliff (south end) or brunswick heads. but its a 30 min drive between them. actually salt resort at casuarina is very nice and in between the two. casuarina is a new-ish subdivision of kingscliff and yeh, check that out i reckon.

as they are all close by, it will come down to what you can get booked, and what the places offer in terms of amenities. in terms of whether you are at one end or the other, its not really an issue, its all close. and from brunswick to burleigh is 55min drive.
Great stuff mate. Not sure it merits conversion to the Suns, but much appreciated nonetheless.

Srs question is srs. Can you stay in these places along the GC like Broadbeach, etc, without a hire car?
Yes there is the tram that goes from broadbeach north to surfers and beyond. And south of broadbeach (where tram is yet to be extended) is a simple bus running every 10 minutes up and down the hwy. the bus actually goes from surfers to broady and all the way to coolangatta crossing much more desirable suburbs, beaches and dining districts.

Yes there is the tram that goes from broadbeach north to surfers and beyond. And south of broadbeach (where tram is yet to be extended) is a simple bus running every 10 minutes up and down the hwy. the bus actually goes from surfers to broady and all the way to coolangatta crossing much more desirable suburbs, beaches and dining districts.

Yeah well I still like the convenience of Surfers, even tho you cant stand the place.

Moot point anyway, have done the theme parks etc to death, if I go back to Qld it'll be FNQ.

Can anyone give me some advice on the NSW Central/North Coast?

As mentioned previously I'm on a lap of the country. I'm currently at Lake Macquarie, heading north. (It's been a bit of a disaster so far, with shitty weather, floods that stopped me doing the full lap cos I couldn't get through Gippsland, and an expensive, unexpected repair needed for my van which necessitated another detour cos the Albury Jayco dealership were the only one who made me feel like they'd fix it if I just turned up without a booking - which thankfully they did.)

My plan had been to stop off half way to Byron (which is around Port Macquarie or Kempsey), then stop at Byron for a couple of days, then get into Qld.

However, the assumption I'd made all along is that Qld would bring forward it's border opening from 17 December (which I think it still is, I haven't heard of it changing), and I'd be able to get in from around the 10th.

Sadly, that's only 9 days away, and it may be the case that we don't know enough about Omicron by then for the border opening to be moved forward.

Hence I need some advice on things to do/see between the Central Coast and the Qld border. As I said, I'll go to Byron for a couple of days. I'll drive through, if not stay at Coffs Harbour to see the Big Banana... but other than that I hadn't researched this part of the country cos I didn't think I'd have time to stop.

So does anyone have advice on things to day/places to see?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yamba for a few days and its surrounds. Brunswick heads.
inland mt warning. Murwillumbah
Head to the beach at tyagarah.

Thanks mate - what are the highlights?

If it helps, one of the things I wouldn't mind doing is staying close-ish to some flat water. I've got kind of a hybrid sea/fishing kayak on the roof racks of the car that I suck at using, but I'm having an immense amount of fun trying. (It's been driving me crazy this week with non-existent coastal swells and white caps on Lake Macquarie.)

What's the rule for vaccinated people travelling from Victoria to NSW for a holiday?
Based on this web page https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel-restrictions/interstate-travel-rules
It looks like there are no affected areas, areas of concern or areas of high concerns in Victoria listed on the public health notice. Am I correct in understanding that there are therefore no restrictions?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What's the rule for vaccinated people travelling from Victoria to NSW for a holiday?
Based on this web page https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel-restrictions/interstate-travel-rules
It looks like there are no affected areas, areas of concern or areas of high concerns in Victoria listed on the public health notice. Am I correct in understanding that there are therefore no restrictions?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I drove straight through the border with no checks or anything. There are currently no restrictions (although i don't know about going back, it's not something I had to worry about.)

Be prepared to show your vaccination certificate everywhere though. I went to buy a PFD today and BCF were checking certificates; same with the tobacconist, same with the pub.

South Coast / Sapphire Coast of NSW.

South West of WA from Busselton to Esperance via Albany.

Ballarat, Bendigo Goldfields and smaller towns therein.

Great Ocean Road to Port Fairy.

Cairns / Atherton Tablelands.

Inland from Townsville, Dinosaur Discovery Trail.

Toowoomba / Darling Downs to Bunya Mountains.

Places close or near the Grampians, Hamilton, Stawell, Horsham, Halls Gap, Dunkeld, Balmoral, Ararat.

Bathurst, have a look around, cut some laps of the track.

Mt Gambler, Robe, Victor Harbor, Adelaide.

Canberra is good for a few days especially with kids, plenty of free stuff to see and do.

South coast NSW is a good spot to travel ..👍.

I'm looking to travel to NT this year.
I plan to visit Darwin for 4 days and also visit Katherine and Alice Springs. And to finish off my trip, to spend 3 days at Uluru.
I would welcome any travel tips or suggestions on things to do.

Still on my lap of the country… turns out Queensland ******* sucks.

So after thinking I’d stay here throughout the wet season, it’s just not an option now.

Does anyone have experience driving across the top in wet season? The rains - and the dozen associated flood warnings - have started in the last week, so now I don’t know what I’m meant to do… do I risk Cairns - Darwin - Broome or am I meant to turn back and head south?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back