The Law Domestic violence, the memorial thread.

26d385f6d79f674d89355a13b49295c5

Kelly Wilkinson, murdered by her husband.
883104d8207e45996da6f851626352b3

Kobi Shepherdson, murdered by her father.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Really? Why would you start this?

It will just turn into a s**t fight, because people will start posting pics of children killed by their mothers (if you can readily find them), or are you bored and that's your intention?

Delete it, no good will come from it.

Really? Why would you start this?

It will just turn into a sh*t fight, because people will start posting pics of children killed by their mothers (if you can readily find them), or are you bored and that's your intention?

Delete it, no good will come from it.
If it's a domestic violence death then include it, that's the point.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Tragic.

Which is why men's mental health challenges should be taken seriously rather than mocked. Until then, there will be very little change.

Nov 8, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Women are more likely to kill their biological children than men. Men more likely to kill a child that is not biologically theirs.

I suspect OP is being disingenuous with this thread and the father of Kobi Shepherdson is subhuman filth and has committed a horrific crime.

If children are going to be grouped into family violence (as they should be) then the gender narrative will be greatly challenged.

Expect to see a disproportionate amount of middle class white women victims posted as well if this thread continues because they are who the media focus on and who people march and hold vigils for when a scumbag commits murder.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Women are more likely to kill their biological children than men. Men more likely to kill a child that is not biologically theirs.

Filicide is actually oddly gender neutral form of murder with roughly a 50/50 split in offending between the genders.

That said, the majority of family homicides occur between intimate partners (60 per cent, with Filicide making up the next highest percentage at 16 percent), and three-quarters of intimate partner homicides involve males killing their female partners, often after she's had to endure a long period of control and violence.

Family homicide in Australia (aic.gov.au)

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I for one look forward to all the MRA tools flooding this thread and defending blokes who 'only lashed out because she had the audacity to get a VRO and leave him after years of suffering his controlling bullshit, taking the kids with her to protect them as well.'

They're almost always speaking from experience.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Which is why men's mental health challenges should be taken seriously rather than mocked. Until then, there will be very little change.

Didn't take long

I for one look forward to all the MRA tools flooding this thread and defending blokes who 'only lashed out because she had the audacity to get a VRO and leave him after years of suffering his controlling bullshit, taking the kids with her to protect them as well.'

They're almost always speaking from experience.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn't take long
It is the truth.

Don't complain about DV incidents continuing unabated which they will while people refuse to address this elephant in the room.

And no, I'm not taking about blaming women for protecting themselves, or blaming things like VRO's or the family court. How do we stop men from getting in that state of mind. What is happening in that space at this time is just not working.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
It is the truth.

Don't you dare complain about DV incidents continuing unabated which they will while people refuse to address this elephant in the room.

And no, I'm not taking about blaming women for protecting themselves, or blaming things like VRO's or the family court. How do we stop men from getting in that state of mind. What is happening in that space at this time is just not working.

I agree, calling all men monsters etc.. etc.. totally misses any kind of deeper investigation as to 'why' these things occur. They rarely occur in a vacuum for a start, so let's find out what leads up to these things occuring, so that we might be able to do actual good, instead of people posting stuff for SJW cred, but achieving nothing.

I agree, calling all men monsters etc.. etc.. totally misses any kind of deeper investigation as to 'why' these things occur. They rarely occur in a vacuum for a start, so let's find out what leads up to these things occuring, so that we might be able to do actual good, instead of people posting stuff for SJW cred, but achieving nothing.

Sorry, but I don't care how bad your break up is going, nothing justifies jumping off a dam wall with your nine month old kid

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, but I don't care how bad your break up is going, nothing justifies jumping off a dam wall with your nine month old kid
I'd say it's not about justifying atrocities or victim blaming, it's about being pragmatic in how to prevent them occurring again in the future.

I'm tipping that a small percentage of men are psychopathic monsters who can't be helped. It's about reaching those who can be helped though, prior to tragedy occurring.

What?

Re-read what I wrote. I’ve said nothing at all like how you’ve read that.

you talk about needing a deeper investigation into why things occur

he. murdered. his. baby.

i dont care if he lost his job, got ****ed over by the family court, and lost his right nad to cancer. He. Killed. His. Baby.

Nothing, absolutely nothing gives any reasoning for that to be done

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
you talk about needing a deeper investigation into why things occur

he. murdered. his. baby.

i dont care if he lost his job, got f’ed over by the family court, and lost his right nad to cancer. He. Killed. His. Baby.

Nothing, absolutely nothing gives any reasoning for that to be done

You’re confusing two different things here then.

Take a breath. Think about it.

You’re confusing two different things here then.

Take a breath. Think about it.

whats to think about? im sick of men making excuses for this s**t

btw some of the media commentators have already started blaming the family court for the kids murder

Back