Society/Culture Domestic Violence

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that this unhealthy obsession of yours is still alive and (un)well. 100 posts in this month alone, all in this thread. This must be some sort of record. Have you discussed your condition with anyone?

Edit: Disregard the above. I've just noticed that you are a Collingwood supporter. It all makes sense now.

If you only just noticed I am a Collingwood supporter you need to have your eyes tested asap.
Do you think Rosie Batty has an unhealthy obsession? She has been banging on about domestic violence against women for years!o_O

Another example of your pathetic double standards. Batty talking about women who are abused is worthy of canonization but if a man raises questions about men who are abused he has an unhealthy obsession. Again-just abuse-no arguments.

You are a flog. You continually demonise a woman who has seen the worst type of male on male violence.

You are a flog. You continually demonise a woman who has seen the worst type of male on male violence.
No- I point out her double standards. She demonises men every time she speaks on the subject. She refers to toxic masculinity. I have never used a bigoted term like that in reference to femininity.

These guys are perpetual idiots if they can't understand that most of us don't want to stop women funding, but introduce male funding and a focus on "anyone can be the victim, and perpetrator of DV".
And the ones who are squealing and trying to make out women have all the advantages are the ones that get arguments.

As for "anyone can be the victim" that is a bit misleading. DV is perpetrated by both genders, but the majority is by men against women. The abuse is more likely to result in hospitalisation or death of a female partner. Females are more likely to be held financial hostage. Male deaths in DV are overwhelmingly the result of the abuser being killed by their victim.

The statistics are shaky given the multiple jurisdictions and classifications of violence and abuse. But I haven't seen any that say men are even close to being 50% of victims.

In regards to investment, the argument seems to be that men get nothing, and when resources are linked they are derided as inadequate.

In summary it seems that the main tactic is attack women's rights or the idea they need more support instead of highlighting what is there for men and how this can be improved.

It's classic divide and conquer and the politicians are the only people who win as the anger is misdirected.

Show me one post which indicates the poster believes in male superiority. If one exists I haven't seen it.

There have been a few posts like that in the various incarnations of this thread. Possibly just trolling, but I have seen posts that I'd call sexist. Not so much from the main contributors here though. I think we mostly have 3s and 4s arguing against 5s and 6s.

Just to extend that thought a bit further, here's what I think would be typical reactions from each group when hearing about domestic violence:

Female victim - she probably deserved it
Male victim - a man who lets a woman hit him is not a man

Female victim - a man who hits a woman is not a man

Female victim - a man who hits a woman is not a man

Female victim - protect the victim, punish the perpetrator
Male victim - protect the victim, punish the perpetrator

Male victim - gee that's horrible but it hardly ever happens

Male victim - he probably deserved it

Male victim - you go girl

Male deaths in DV are overwhelmingly the result of the abuser being killed by their victim.
Where did you pluck that from? Again-you present women as victims even when they murder. You would have a meltdown if I suggested that most of the women killed by their male partners had been emotionally abusing their husbands/boyfriends which drove them to murder. That would be victim blaming. There have been cases where women killed a sleeping husband and walked free or got a minimal sentence because it was argued that he was an abuser. As they say-dead men tell no tales.
Can you provide a link to support your statement?

Male deaths in DV are overwhelmingly the result of the abuser being killed by their victim.

Evidence? Some would call this victim blaming.

The statistics are shaky given the multiple jurisdictions and classifications of violence and abuse. But I haven't seen any that say men are even close to being 50% of victims.

https://domestic-violence-law.com/men-or-women-who-usually-instigates/

Is Female Domestic Violence Most Often In Self Defense?
Studies show that in half of all reported domestic abuse cases it is impossible to determine who initiated the violence, and in the other half of reported domestic violence cases, males and females initiate physical aggression at an equal rate. This is true not only in the United States, but also around the world.

Data collected from 68 University studies from 38 different countries and involving more than 13,600 students found the following:

• 32% of the participants had displayed some level of violence towards their dating partner in the previous year
  • In 68% of these cases, the violence was mutual
  • In 9%, the violence was male-only, and in 21%, female-only
  • In 25% of the case, the male initiated the violence
  • In 25%, the female initiated the violence
  • In the other 50%, one could not tell who initiated the violence
Studies of married couples show similar results with domestic violence being initiated as follows:

• 25% by male
  • 25% by female
  • The other 50% mutually
So, What Can We Conclude About Domestic Violence?
From these findings, we can safely conclude the following:

1. The rate of female-on-male violence is equal to the rate of male-on-female violence.
  2. Domestic violence has nothing to do with gender.
  3. Society is misinformed about the nature of domestic violence
  4. Domestic violence prosecution is based on myth rather than reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evidence? Some would call this victim blaming.

https://domestic-violence-law.com/men-or-women-who-usually-instigates/

Is Female Domestic Violence Most Often In Self Defense?
Studies show that in half of all reported domestic abuse cases it is impossible to determine who initiated the violence, and in the other half of reported domestic violence cases, males and females initiate physical aggression at an equal rate. This is true not only in the United States, but also around the world.

Data collected from 68 University studies from 38 different countries and involving more than 13,600 students found the following:

• 32% of the participants had displayed some level of violence towards their dating partner in the previous year
  • In 68% of these cases, the violence was mutual
  • In 9%, the violence was male-only, and in 21%, female-only
  • In 25% of the case, the male initiated the violence
  • In 25%, the female initiated the violence
  • In the other 50%, one could not tell who initiated the violence
Studies of married couples show similar results with domestic violence being initiated as follows:

• 25% by male
  • 25% by female
  • The other 50% mutually
So, What Can We Conclude About Domestic Violence?
From these findings, we can safely conclude the following:

1. The rate of female-on-male violence is equal to the rate of male-on-female violence.
  2. Domestic violence has nothing to do with gender.
  3. Society is misinformed about the nature of domestic violence
  4. Domestic violence prosecution is based on myth rather than reality
http://www.abc.net.au/news/factcheck/2016-04-06/fact-file-domestic-violence-statistics/7147938

Not sure I follow, but I think you're asking me to prove your claim that most men killed in DV incidents are actually the abusers? I don't doubt that's sometimes the case, but I don't know if it's a majority. I don't remember seeing stats that really going into much detail about how often there was evidence of previous mutual violence, male violence or female violence prior to a woman killing her male partner. And I'd still be a bit wary of those stats anyway, keeping in mind that Indian dude who was found to have abused his wife because he once slapped her leg and that was used to justify her setting his kids on fire.

The biggest statistic that pokes a hole in the theory women are never/rarely perpetrators, the most common DV, is in fact, same sex female relationships.
And surprisingly, the least is same sex male relationships.

So if you extrapolate the data given, there is surely some merit to the notion that women are not the innocent victims they make themselves out to be.
You even see multiple videos per day of a female attacking the male, and the male protecting himself, then when police arrive, the female cries and says she is the victim because she got hit

The biggest statistic that pokes a hole in the theory women are never/rarely perpetrators, the most common DV, is in fact, same sex female relationships.
And surprisingly, the least is same sex male relationships.

So if you extrapolate the data given, there is surely some merit to the notion that women are not the innocent victims they make themselves out to be.
You even see multiple videos per day of a female attacking the male, and the male protecting himself, then when police arrive, the female cries and says she is the victim because she got hit
"Women" as a group are more likely to be the victim of male domestic violence. Like, 10 to 20 times more.

Nobody in here says no women abuse their partners, male or female.

"Women" as a group are more likely to be the victim of male domestic violence. Like, 10 to 20 times more.

But here's the thing. How can we assume it is 1-way violence?
How can we assume that injuries/deaths to women are not the result of self defence by the accused male?

But here's the thing. How can we assume it is 1-way violence?
How can we assume that injuries/deaths to women are not the result of self defence by the accused male?
Yes there is definitely an issue in the stats - not the least being actual definitions of DV between jurisdictions.

How can we tell if the man is claiming self defence when he is the only abuser?

No. That is complete tosh. If that is the case how do you explain the fact that from 2010 to 2012 121 women were murdered in domestic incidents and 75 men? That's a ratio of 1.6 to 1. Where did you get that figure of ten to twenty times more?? You can't make stuff up to support as flawed point of view.

Yes there is definitely an issue in the stats - not the least being actual definitions of DV between jurisdictions.

How can we tell if the man is claiming self defence when he is the only abuser?
You are the one claiming men are the abusers, I, and many others, are saying we need to view he issue with both eyes open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back