Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, itā€™s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am growing in confidence we will have the opportunity to take him if we want him - the talk around some of the previously unseen Vic lads is growing as they put the performances on the board - NM would rather a Vic lad {if there are rumours of homesickness} and perhaps Horne may be a little soft in the second half of the season.
Really?

There's 1 Victorian Nick Daicos in the same discussion as Horne and no others have put up anything that is likely to change that thinking thus far in the NAB League or the AFL Academy game vs Geelong VFL where 3 really decent prospects didn't play namely Campbell Chesser, Ben Hobbs and Cooper Murley but I doubt they're in the same discussion as Daicos and Horne.

And whatever happens there's close to zero chance that Daicos won't be suiting up for the Pies in 2022.

The fan thing is a bit and overrated. Once they enter the AFL they forget about which club the supported as a kid.
Look at the Cornes boys, couldn't have been more indoctrinated to love Adelaide, they drank that Port Kool-aid though...

Hello miscreants

we here in moderatorland (well, me) have been wondering...

we all know Jason Horne is likely to go very high, if not #1

heā€™s from SA (South Africa? South Australia? South Adelaide?)

weā€™re gonna talk about him incessantly

...how exactly do you pronounce his last name ?
HONE (the 'r' is silent).

Next 3 rounds.
West Coast
Melbourne
Richmond
Pick 2 is suddenly becoming a possibility. If we get that and NM go for a KPF (which they should as we did), Jason Horne could become a Crow.
I mean, thereā€™s really no standout KPP like there was last year. Van Rooyen and Williams are good prospects, but not ā€˜pick 1ā€™ good at this stage

I'm not seeing anything to suggest we won't finish 17th. So, depending on what North will do, Horne becoming a distinct possibility.

I'm not seeing anything to suggest we won't finish 17th. So, depending on what North will do, Horne becoming a distinct possibility.

Imagine if North manage a few late wins like we did last year. We play them in round 23 - it could be the worst game in history if both teams are trying to lose it with Horne on the line.

Still can't see us finishing bottom which is what we SHOULD need unless North are incredibly stupid at the draft..... Again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know North will be pushing for a compo pick. We need them to continue to be competitive.

Say Keyser Sƶze continues to have a good season and moves into pick 1 position. Jason Horne is too much as a compo pick, the AFL can't just frivolously give out a player like that.
FFS the AFL cant give out a compo pick, I would be so pissed off. If we finish 2nd bottom, there is an argument that we should get one as well.

Back