Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

they never had any form.

going to be another bug fest, developers lookin to cash in on the ashes.

and we know this is gonna be ass because they've not released any details about it till just now.
17 was good.

Also releasing no details doesn't mean s**t, that is seriously s**t "logic".

17 was good.

Also releasing no details doesn't mean s**t, that is seriously s**t "logic".
lmaoo 17 was good? easy crowd.

if you have a good game you are trying sell, you think you would hype it to try generate interest in your target audience.

if you pay for another shithouse cricket game from big ant you are a clown imo.

DBC14 was my jam. DBC17 went backwards though, so much hype over customisation, but then removed half of the customisation options that 14 had. Still played well though.
I really liked Cricket 14 and League Live 3. Both represented huge leaps for cricket and League games respectively.

I'll agree with your main point though that this seems like a blatant cash grab.
Cricket 14 was good. probably the best cricket game we've had since Brian Lara Cricket.

17 was a shambles for big ant.

lmaoo 17 was good? easy crowd.

if you have a good game you are trying sell, you think you would hype it to try generate interest in your target audience.

if you pay for another shithouse cricket game from big ant you are a clown imo.

Tell that to 2k when marketing their games, you barely get any info from them until about 2 months before release.

Ah yes the old my opinion is the right opinion way of thinking.

Won't be jumping on this one real quick. Was still hoping that the glaring omissions in DBC17 would be fixed before focusing on a new one.
Pretty much this.

Talk about a massive cash grab.

Hopefully there will be a fair amount of new licensed content (BBL, actual commentary ALL stadiums etc.) + carry over for all the cricket academy stuff from launch. If it is just Aus and Eng licenses then I'm not sure that justifies a whole new game tbh.

worked for EA Sports in 1997 with their Ashes edition of Cricket 97.

If it still ends up being no good, I guess we have to hold out hope for EA Sports again in 2019.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/gaming/ea-sports-set-for-return-to-cricket-games-in-2019

I would feel pretty ripped off paying $80 for a new Big Ant cricket game after paying full price for DBC 17 in just December, but if there are more improvements other than just licensing and motion capture of players then I'll probably get it during the Ashes series. No way will it be a day 1 purchase for me though after the stats issues that still haven't been fixed with DBC 17.

Does this mean they are done with the Don Bradman brand and DBC 17 was the last of the Bradman series?

I'd also love to know whether Big Ant got the domestic licenses too, and how easy it is to put academy created players into the licensed teams. That will impact longevity a lot.

I would feel pretty ripped off paying $80 for a new Big Ant cricket game after paying full price for DBC 17 in just December, but if there are more improvements other than just licensing and motion capture of players then I'll probably get it during the Ashes series. No way will it be a day 1 purchase for me though after the stats issues that still haven't been fixed with DBC 17.

Does this mean they are done with the Don Bradman brand and DBC 17 was the last of the Bradman series?

I'd also love to know whether Big Ant got the domestic licenses too, and how easy it is to put academy created players into the licensed teams. That will impact longevity a lot.

Pretty much every sports game on the market puts out a new game every year. How come when BA do it it's a rip-off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much every sports game on the market puts out a new game every year. How come when BA do it it's a rip-off?
Any small gaming companies putting out a sports game every year, or is it the absolute monoliths?

Presumably they don't have the resources to do much in such a short cycle.

Any small gaming companies putting out a sports game every year, or is it the absolute monoliths?

Presumably they don't have the resources to do much in such a short cycle.

Well I can't speak for all...

On the contrary, you could say that a fledgling game like this series should have more frequent updates as there is so much stuff to have. This is compared with say the NHL or even NBA series these days, where the games are already fairly feature-packed and probably don't need yearly editions.

it's 'almost' like when Lister had Space Mumps on Red Dwarf ;)
SpaceMumps1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back