Don Pyke, coaching means being involved during the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have much experience in assessing, managing and overseeing senior managerial positions?

I’m not sure you give the impression that you do
Lol, I assume that was a rhetorical question.

I checked back the score in the last quarter:
Crows 2.7 vs Hawks 3.1

We had a s**t ton of scoring shots in that last quarter and on reflection, I remembered being annoyed with how much waste we were producing with both the forward entries and/or poor goal conversion.

That last quarter reflects more on the players rather than the coaches.

Which we were complete s**t in.
So you thought Adam Simpson was a s**t coach too after they got beaten easily by the Hawks in the 2015 Grand Final? Would have fired him after 2017 when they barely made the finals? I guess you would have been FURIOUS when we signed Malcolm Blight, the X3 Grand Final loser.

So you thought Adam Simpson was a s**t coach too after they got beaten easily by the Hawks in the 2015 Grand Final? Would have fired him after 2017 when they barely made the finals? I guess you would have been FURIOUS when we signed Malcolm Blight, the X3 Grand Final loser.
Oh how silly of me. Of course we played out of our skins and Pykey showed himself to be the master tactician.
That 3rd cup looks great in the Adelaide Crows trophy cabinet. :drunk:

Oh how silly of me. Of course we played out of our skins and Pykey showed himself to be the master tactician.
That 3rd cup looks great in the Adelaide Crows trophy cabinet. :drunk:
The point is plenty of good coaches have failed in the Grand Final and gotten there eventually, yet you use 2017 as definitive proof that Pyke is no good. It's just not true.

The point is plenty of good coaches have failed in the Grand Final and gotten there eventually, yet you use 2017 as definitive proof that Pyke is no good. It's just not true.
I didn’t really mean it’s all down to the game that we don’t mention. And I like Don but he’s looking mightily one dimensional. My biggest concern is his team comes out not switched on way too often. He doesn’t seem to have any way of getting them properly prepared for every game. I believe it’s his job.
The 2017 GF was not the worst instance of this.

I didn’t really mean it’s all down to the game that we don’t mention. And I like Don but he’s looking mightily one dimensional. My biggest concern is his team comes out not switched on way too often. He doesn’t seem to have any way of getting them properly prepared for every game. I believe it’s his job.
The 2017 GF was not the worst instance of this.
They were no different under Sando, Walsh and Campo. That's a flaw in this team, you just have to work on it as best you can.

I checked back the score in the last quarter:
Crows 2.7 vs Hawks 3.1

We had a s**t ton of scoring shots in that last quarter and on reflection, I remembered being annoyed with how much waste we were producing with both the forward entries and/or poor goal conversion.

That last quarter reflects more on the players rather than the coaches.
Its worst than that, they got two late goals to blow out the margin, had we converted 2 of those earlier chances we would have had some real momentum and the crowd would have gone off.

We blew a chance for a come from behind win.

They were no different under Sando, Walsh and Campo. That's a flaw in this team, you just have to work on it as best you can.
They need to clear the problem once and for all. Which ever players it is need to go.

They need to clear the problem once and for all. Which ever players it is need to go.
There's bigger problems that are at play here than just Pyke. People who want to replace Pyke don't seem to realise that we'd just be going through the same merry-go-round albeit with a different guy in the big chair. From the very top of the club there needs to be changes first that filter down all the way to the playing group. Until it starts at the top though the changes you want to make in the middle will just fall into the same patterns.

People idolize Walsh's short time here, but he fell victim to the same thinking with guys like VB, Mackay and Wright. Remember the whole "non-statistical contribution" stuff they made up for Wright? That culture is so ingrained at the club that it's almost impossible not to fall victim to it, no matter who is in charge.

Don seems to be in the only coach in the afl unwilling to sit on the boundary line. Would like to see Don have a better connection to the players and coach instantaneously during the match. Not sure why he will not do it? If it's good enough for Clarko it should be good enough for Don.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back