Coach Don Pyke - where is the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS what a stupid thread.

Look crows stance Bull**** aside, he has been a good coach in the last 4 years.

2016: Finals, could of been top 4 or possibly top 2 had they beaten west coast in the last round.
2017: Made grand final finishing top with 15 wins.
2018: missed out on top 8 but got 12 wins. Should of acttualy made finals. lost a couple of close games and Freo was one of them as I remembered that game well.

Its 2019 they are in the 8 with 8 wins and 7 defeats.

They have the suns away, Bombers at home, Carlton away, saints home. I see them winning all 4 and they should.

that leaves them with 12 wins with 2 rounds to go and they have Collingwood at home and dogs away to end the season. Finals is likely
Agree we have an experienced list so should make finals

The next few years could test us with Betts tex talia Douglas Jacobs Gibbs JJ coming towards the end

Our recruitment hasn't been top notch as you can see with the fact we are relying on a lot of older aging stars

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meh, I don't think we will win a flag under Pyke (happy to be proven wrong) but getting rid of him for anyone other than a top tier coach is a waste of time imo.

Something stinks far worse at board level and assistant coach level

Meh, I don't think we will win a flag under Pyke (happy to be proven wrong) but getting rid of him for anyone other than a top tier coach is a waste of time imo.

Something stinks far worse at board level and assistant coach level

WE had a crack at it in 2017 with arguably the best team of the year but fell apart on GF day

Those players had their shot we really haven't recruited well to replace that team so we need to see how we can replace players to get us back to a winning position

Pyke will no doubt be gone when we are ready to have another crack

Yeah, I’ll put my hand up and admit I was wrong about the Crows. I thought they were top 4 certainties but now I’m not sure they are good enough to play finals even. Pyke will need to shake up the list massively offseason or he will gone by mid season next year

Took over a list with some aging stars primed for a crack. Got them to a grand final but now Betts, Walker, Jenkins, Jacobs etc are falling off a cliff and they need to turn the list over.

Inviting the Movementarians in for a summer camp was a pretty bad idea but I otherwise don’t really think it’s Pyke’s fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be gone this week. The longer he stays on, the longer it will take to rectify this club's malaise - and it's a pretty serious one.

We have the most incompetent administration and coaching panel in the league, just full of complete losers.

He should be gone this week. The longer he stays on, the longer it will take to rectify this club's malaise - and it's a pretty serious one.

We have the most incompetent administration and coaching panel in the league, just full of complete losers.
Lol
Your teams cooked mate absolutely char grilled.
Walker is the biggest fraud of footballer let alone captain in the league.
It’s The only ONLY thing that’s kept him from getting the Gibbs/Betts treatment.
Done as well as anyone could with that list.
Justin Reid’s list management has been nothing short of deplorable .

But as usual your arrogant and entitled fans will blame it all on the coach.

Get used to spending your September’s on holiday mate cause your team will be for quite some time

No club with a chance for finals is going to sack their coach.

The reality is they should bite the bullet and start playing kids/retiring guys like walker, betts, gibbs, jacobs, jenkins in fact they should have done this 12 months ago while some of them were worth something.

Lol
Your teams cooked mate absolutely char grilled.
Walker is the biggest fraud of footballer let alone captain in the league.
It’s The only ONLY thing that’s kept him from getting the Gibbs/Betts treatment.
Done as well as anyone could with that list.
Justin Reid’s list management has been nothing short of deplorable .

But as usual your arrogant and entitled fans will blame it all on the coach.

Get used to spending your September’s on holiday mate cause your team will be for quite some time

Bizarre post, you're flying off the handle at me for criticising my own club? Did I suggest differently? Pyke's s**t selections ARE the reason why we continue to play spuds like Mackay and refuse to delist/retire players past their use-by date.

I'm not sure where you're even getting arrogance from, if you'd looked at the Adelaide board you'd realise we're not and we have no reason to be - the opposite in fact.

No club with a chance for finals is going to sack their coach.

The reality is they should bite the bullet and start playing kids/retiring guys like walker, betts, gibbs, jacobs, jenkins in fact they should have done this 12 months ago while some of them were worth something.

We're not a legitimate chance for the finals, the only possible win we have left is against St. Kilda next week and even then that's halfway doubtful. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you've said.

I had you missing finals, an ageing list on the decline sliding down the ladder. I guess in 4 weeks time I will be proven correct and "most people" will be proven wrong. It was obvious then and it is even more obvious now, don't go slinging s**t at me because you can't handle it.

You aren't doing yourself any favours with the attempts at personal insults, poisoning the gene pool was a laugh and now the you must work at bunnings stuff lol, it speaks volumes.

I will repeat- Why would you turn over a list that had made the GF one season earlier?

Madness.

I guess it's Bunnings.

I will repeat- Why would you turn over a list that had made the GF one season earlier?

Madness.

I guess it's Bunnings.
Not surprised to see you get some time off for your efforts, of course if you had any valid argument you wouldn't be resorting to these personal cheap shots. I put your decline last year down to having an ageing list, collingwood had way more injuries then you and made the grand final. Once you come to the conclusion I did you would realise the list needs a make over before it will win a flag.

I never said you had to turn over a list either, just move on a couple of older guys and bring in some more kids and you could have gone again within 2-3 years. Now they are worthless you have to look at maybe the crouch brothers.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gone at the end of the season if the Crows don’t make the finals. There is just something amiss with the Crows this year and last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back