Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2011
Where kookaburras chuckle.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Regardless of his state of mind.

Led a charmed life their Harper, when one of your family get's Alzhiemers or Dementia (or a multitude of other old ppl diseases). Anything can fricken happen. Don't wish it on you or your family and hope if one of them get it you would have a bit of niceness to them.

Kennedy would knock them out. Jesus. Kennedy had compassion.
Led a charmed life. No. You don't know me.
Kennedy wouldn't stand for this even with his compassion. Disgraceful to read this on the front covers of national newspapers.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
And this is what annoys me more than anything. He attends Kennedy's funeral, and straight away decides to pour manure over the love of Kennedy's life. These are the actions of a nasty vindictive person.

Yeah why not just let it lie? Sad that he feels to head down this path so long after the event.

Alsmypal

All Australian
Oct 8, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don Scott is a Hawthorn legend we shouldn’t forget that. I felt the club should’ve made more of it when he was elevated.
There has been a love hate relationship for a while now and someone needs to mend the bridges.
On a side note does anyone know what the outcome of his son Dougs claim was? Heard a little bit of chatter that they wanted cash from the future fund... (May have something to do with it)

Guju

Debutant
Mar 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don Scott is letting his personal grievances against other Hawthorn greats get the better of him.

Don should have settled this behind closed doors, rather than publicly sling s**t on the club as a way of getting back at certain individuals. He has now undone all the good work he has previously done.

Now * off Don, and don't look back, because you are no longer welcome back.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Led a charmed life. No. You don't know me.
Kennedy wouldn't stand for this even with his compassion. Disgraceful to read this on the front covers of national newspapers.

I don't know you. Agreed.

Don's always had mental issues, in fact he'd be a poster boy for beyond blue which our now again president used to run.

Disgraceful that Mark Robinson run's with this surely the fact he believes injecting 18 year old's at his club is ok. with substances he has no idea what they are. Hell they may have not been preformace enhancing they may well have just been heroin. So Mark Thompson could continue his sales.

Bloke saved our club, goes a long way for me. Bloke has mental issues most of his life, is 72, willing to give a little on this one.

Kennedy didn't even stand up for us at the merger. I completely forgive him for that, for everything else he has done, but don't rewrite history. He did not stand by Don's side, he'd been apart of the AFL a little too long at the time being the head of the AFL commission. And decided to stand back for the first time in his life. I still love him and don't blame him for that choice for one second because in his position not taking the powers to be side was probably the end of his afl career.

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don Scott is a self serving piece of s**t. And I would say it to his face. Repeatedly.
Has been given far more credit than he deserved in saving Hawthorn. Did he actually put his money where his big mouth is. Or will he continue to live off the financial saviour that was Dicker. Get your head read Don. You stink and have for a long while

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I usually listen to their podcast, they can be very funny and have had some great guest interviews, but they have lost the plot over the last month.
I expected to hear from Don about Kennedy after he passed. Didn't happen and now we have this.
Looks like they need to get the $100K for settlement over Don's, Nicky Winmar comments somehow.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geez some pretty distasteful and very personal comments in here.

This man was one of the toughest hardest premiership captains, ever. That hasn't nor will it change. What he did during operation payback shouldn't be forgotten either.

Point being, he earned his stripes big time and if he has something to say then that's his privilege, it does not detract from what he has done for this club, especially since there is some truth to it, which has been forgotten in the context of his comments, with the need for people to get in the gutter. Haven't seen anyone bash Hook confirming it.

Don always had a way with people in Don's own way, that's all that needs be said. Any personal feuds he has is his problem, not mine, so why should I let it bother me. The Kennedy clan are quite capable of looking after themselves without me needing to vent my feelings on their behalf.

All it does is make money for the media, so that's a double reason to just get on with your own day, because does it matter? Is getting uptight about it going to help? Is the names and other things being said making you look better then anything Don has said? Geez he would have a field day with some of you on the field if he can get in your head this easily.

Ask why he is doing this, without getting in the gutter, because he is not a stupid man, contrary to some opinions that have been written.

He's actually a bit like Clarko, in that he knows that he bear the criticism of his comments, that others would wilt under, so there must be a reason.

From memory the last time he poked the bear we went on to a 3 peat. Don't know why but these little blows ups always seem to galvanize the HFC.

Lucky Lethal, Kennedy Snr, Clarko and Scott never had to play against each other, now that would have been something to see. Would make Dermie look like a "Kid".

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

This man was one of the toughest hardest premiership captains, ever. That hasn't nor will it change. What he did during operation payback shouldn't be forgotten either.

Point being, he earned his stripes big time and if he has something to say then that's his privilege, it does not detract from what he has done for this club, especially since there is some truth to it, which has been forgotten in the context of his comments, with the need for people to get in the gutter. Haven't seen anyone bash Hook confirming it.

Don always had a way with people in Don's own way, that's all that needs be said. Any personal feuds he has is his problem, not mine, so why should I let it bother me. The Kennedy clan are quite capable of looking after themselves without me needing to vent my feelings on their behalf.

All it does is make money for the media, so that's a double reason to just get on with your own day, because does it matter? Is getting uptight about it going to help? Is the names and other things being said making you look better then anything Don has said? Geez he would have a field day with some of you on the field if he can get in your head this easily.

Ask why he is doing this, without getting in the gutter, because he is not a stupid man, contrary to some opinions that have been written.

He's actually a bit like Clarko, in that he knows that he bear the criticism of his comments, that others would wilt under, so there must be a reason.

From memory the last time he poked the bear we went on to a 3 peat. Don't know why but these little blows ups always seem to galvanize the HFC.

Lucky Lethal, Kennedy Snr, Clarko and Scott never had to play against each other, now that would have been something to see. Would make Dermie look like a "Kid".
Stop making excuses for him. Dial a quote from Mr Irrelevent. He once played for the club and he once helped rally the troops for others to pay up. Spare me the rest of the s**t, please

Guju

Debutant
Mar 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am not so sure about some of the so called Hawthorn posters in here.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting so far that this story hasn’t developed further. No mention in today’s News as far as I saw. Perhaps because it was so widespread in that era so no one really wants to open up those cans of worms? It think this story may just fizzle out.

No.

The Hawthorn way - the Kennedy way - is to keep everything within the 4 walls of the club.

He’s broken this unwritten rule, and no longer deserves our respect..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Stop making excuses for him. Dial a quote from Mr Irrelevent. He once played for the club and he once helped rally the troops for others to pay up. Spare me the rest of the sh*t, please
Did I make an excuse for him?

No, I simply pointed out his past achievements.

The ironic thing is you just called him Mr Irreverent, from a keyboard, on the internet, behind a made up name because he has upset you - are you sure he is irrelevant?

His comments have not wrecked my day, so maybe it's irreverent to me, completely. But that doesn't mean the behavior of some posters about the man personally are irrelevant because bad behavior is bad behavior. It serves no purpose.

Interesting so far that this story hasn’t developed further. No mention in today’s News as far as I saw. Perhaps because it was so widespread in that era so no one really wants to open up those cans of worms? It think this story may just fizzle out.
Because it's not even news. It's not even new, it's not the first time he's brought it up.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I guess it won't happen until they release the podcast tomorrow.
Might not be on TV but it's in the papers.
Carlton, Hawthorn and Collingwood all took the amnesty offered in 1994. Essendon stupidly didn't and paid the price. It isn't new news.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ew-veteran-hawk-official-20200727-p55fy0.html

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No.

The Hawthorn way - the Kennedy way - is to keep everything within the 4 walls of the club.

He’s broken this unwritten rule, and no longer deserves our respect..
Are his comments worse then John Hay's? Some of what Jordon Lewis has said etc etc etc......

I agree it's not the Hawthorn way, it's Don's way. Always has been, like it or not. He was never in it to be popular or accepted.

As for respect, yeah well you can claim that moral high ground if you haven't been in the thread calling him all sorts (I don't know if you have or not I'm just saying as a point). He can probably say the same back, that the Hawthorn supporters don't deserve his respect, if we act like this.

His achievements still stand, respect or not for the man, self respect is what I'm talking about in regards to how people are reacting.

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Are his comments worse then John Hay's? Some of what Jordon Lewis has said etc etc etc......

I agree it's not the Hawthorn way, it's Don's way. Always has been, like it or not. He was never in it to be popular or accepted.

As for respect, yeah well you can claim that moral high ground if you haven't been in the thread calling him all sorts (I don't know if you have or not I'm just saying as a point). He can probably say the same back, that the Hawthorn supporters don't deserve his respect, if we act like this.

His achievements still stand, respect or not for the man, self respect is what I'm talking about in regards to how people are reacting.
So he can now continually s**t on anything Hawthorn related because he does things his own way with total disrespect in the process.

He has said numerous times the club means nothing to him anymore. Why should I give a s**t about him? He isn’t the Hawthorn footy club. There is no other individual linked with the club in the last 50 years that has made it about himself more than Don. He was given hero status and even time to shine on the board. And Then failed miserably and spat the dummy.

he might be your drinking buddy, but right now He gets no more leniency as the bloke needs more than meds To shut him up. For his own good. The herald sun might have paid the last bill, but the next one for opening his trap might be Just what he needs

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This comment 💯

You never sh*t on your own like he has done. None of the Don apologists here have actually stated what he figures to get out of all of this.

So he can now continually sh*t on anything Hawthorn related because he does things his own way with total disrespect in the process.

He has said numerous times the club means nothing to him anymore. Why should I give a sh*t about him?
Interesting comments, considering what is being said about Poppy and Stratton on here and even our greatest ever coach by their very own supporters.

Flip it around, why should Stratton or Poppy currently give a s**t about the supporters, with the total disrespect and s**t being directed their way by many supporters, who consistently s**t on Hawthorn by doing the exact same thing, by showing total disrespect to the players, but expecting exemplary conduct in return forevermore, and the right to be outraged if something is said they don't like.

I'm not apologizing for what Don has said; I'm simply refusing to get in the gutter. How does it help? Simple answer it doesn't, so don't bother reacting to it.

Exhibit the self control he didn't and hasn't, then he does become irrelevant.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting comments, considering what is being said about Poppy and Stratton on here and even our greatest ever coach by their very own supporters.

Flip it around, why should Stratton or Poppy currently give a sh*t about the supporters, with the total disrespect and sh*t being directed their way by many supporters, who consistently sh*t on Hawthorn by doing the exact same thing, by showing total disrespect to the players, but expecting exemplary conduct in return forevermore, and the right to be outraged if something is said they don't like.

I'm not apologizing for what Don has said; I'm simply refusing to get in the gutter. How does it help? Simple answer it doesn't, so don't bother reacting to it.

He got in the gutter first

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
From what I know this story is old, all clubs cheated the system when the salary cap was first introduced, dont know why its being brought up now, storm in a tea cup.

As for Don, he is ok, he creates conflict, sometimes it helps us and sometimes it hinders us, he is a man of chaos, but you all forget, there would be no Hawthorn without him. FACT.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

Flip it around, why should Stratton or Poppy currently give a sh*t about the supporters, with the total disrespect and sh*t being directed their way by many supporters, who consistently sh*t on Hawthorn by doing the exact same thing, by showing total disrespect to the players, but expecting exemplary conduct in return forevermore, and the right to be outraged if something is said they don't like.

Go back and look at all my posts and I think you’ll find that I have called people out for sh*tting on both Stratts and Poppy. It doesn’t excuse where Don has gone with throwing the HFC under the bus. What he has done is inexcusable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back