Don Scott says Hawks cheated salary cap - 4x premierships tainted

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I know this story is old, all clubs cheated the system when the salary cap was first introduced, dont know why its being brought up now, storm in a tea cup.

As for Don, he is ok, he creates conflict, sometimes it helps us and sometimes it hinders us, he is a man of chaos, but you all forget, there would be no Hawthorn without him. FACT.
IMO it was always going to take time to get the powerhouse clubs of the early 80s under the salary cap. This was more than likely known by the AFL at the time which is why all clubs had the amnesty. It would’ve been a different story if it continued we’ll into the late 80s.

What the * ever happened to one for all and all for one. If Don has an axe to grind with a particular person or persons then he should’ve targeted them but to throw stones at his old club is the lowest of low and nothing anyone else says here will change my thinking on this.

Looking back over my 66 seasons barracking for The Mighty Hawks,four names stand out .....

Ferguson

Cook

Ryan

Kennedy.

Don came from their era.

Then we compromised what those four stood for under Coote.

Dicker and Hook dragged us out of the mire.

Not really happy about poker machines and Kennett.

Meh.

IMO it was always going to take time to get the powerhouse clubs of the early 80s under the salary cap. This was more than likely known by the AFL at the time which is why all clubs had the amnesty. It would’ve been a different story if it continued we’ll into the late 80s.

Wanna try that again.

:)

Just because a person has done great things for the club doesn't give them a free pass to turn around and intentionally, publicly undermine it.

The fact he's doing it for personal gain (podcast) and on the back of a personal vendetta because the club didn't throw him the exact party he wanted when it awarded him its highest honour reflects very poorly on him. Absolutely pathetic and selfish.

People are trying way to hard to psychoanalyse Don and his reasons for doing this...

He is pumping up his podcast and also probably trying to drag attention away from
the Nicky comments.

He does not care about the club it’s all for his gain, if that’s what he wants to do that’s fine but his previous time with the club doesn’t excuse this. He knows what was going on back then at all clubs but chose to throw us under the bus!

Geez some pretty distasteful and very personal comments in here.

Haven't seen anyone bash Hook confirming it.

When and where did John Hook ever confirm it ?

When and where did John Hook ever confirm it ?
Probably talking about this article which doesn't say quite what is being suggested

What Hook said was that rorting was going on in the league, that is why the amnesty was brought in and that Hawks took advantage of the amnesty.

He said Jars wife working at the club was a legit job signed off on by the AFL and that he was not aware of any Tassie bank account or any specific details of rorting by the club.

One of those you have to go past the headline to find out it's not what it appears on the surface articles

Probably talking about this article which doesn't say quite what is being suggested

What Hook said was that rorting was going on in the league, that is why the amnesty was brought in and that Hawks took advantage of the amnesty.

He said Jars wife working at the club was a legit job signed off on by the AFL and that he was not aware of any Tassie bank account or any specific details of rorting by the club.

One of those you have to go past the headline to find out it's not what it appears on the surface articles

Cheers :thumbsu:

It really sounds like a bit of a non issue to me.
Its historical and just another tale of how things were done in a past era (if accurate)
I don't understand the hostility or anger at all.

Looking back over my 66 seasons barracking for The Mighty Hawks,four names stand out .....

Ferguson

Cook

Ryan

Kennedy.

Don came from their era.

Then we compromised what those four stood for under Coote.

Dicker and Hook dragged us out of the mire.

Not really happy about poker machines and Kennett.

Meh.

Tune into the podcast for the next chapter....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really sounds like a bit of a non issue to me.
Its historical and just another tale of how things were done in a past era (if accurate)
I don't understand the hostility or anger at all.

Dragging things out of the past, trying to apply today's standards, apportioning blame and demanding retribution seems to be all the rage these days.

If you don't know what he said then shut and don't comment. You are one of those people who campaign to have a movie banned without seeing the movie.
Yeah nah. I don’t need to hear his reason to s**t all over our club and the stupid campaigner just got successfully sued for being a stupid campaigner anyways didn’t he ...don’t need to see a movie there mate.

Maybe I should listen to Bunnings Karen too so I can understand her point of view

or maybe I can just think that she is a ******* moron

I’ll make whatever comments I like on this board too mate. Deal with it

Yeah nah. I don’t need to hear his reason to sh*t all over our club and the stupid campaigner just got successfully sued for being a stupid campaigner anyways didn’t he ...don’t need to see a movie there mate.

Maybe I should listen to Bunnings Karen too so I can understand her point of view

or maybe I can just think that she is a ******* moron

I’ll make whatever comments I like on this board too mate. Deal with it
You've got every right to remain ignorant.

That would be rewarding him for his public baiting.
I also don't the support comments made on the podcast about Winmar
I also don't like Sam or Mike so why would I give them any traffic?
If you had listened you would have found out it had nothing to do with their podcast. In fact Don's comments were made 6 months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back