Don Scott says Hawks cheated salary cap - 4x premierships tainted

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What the f*ck are you talking about?
Can you meet us half way and start with the English language?
Ok mate. It's pretty simple, this has been absurd, so I'm treating it so, and changing tact to other things more important, such as, now all the Don "outragers" have been proven to be reactionary loons, from a emotional point of view, where is their outrage over our coach being dragged through the mud for saying what is correct, that peasmear is a little gob of s**t with nothing but a mouth that would not survive in the real world? And that Brendon Bolton got his Carlton player Jed Lamb to do to Sicily something so much worse then anything Scott has done; it almost destroyed Sicily with the umpires, that one low life action from his former coach, who has now been forgiven and is back at the club, yet many claim they can't forgive Scotty. I don't like double standards. This is a double standard, period!!

How about we stand up for our own? And by geez we should be standing behind clarko on this and other things he said recently rather then what was said by Don Scott and others years ago.

All i want to do is change the commentary, no matter the method, to get away from bashing a Hawthorn Great to somehow making it about what a scummy bit of crap peasmear is, because I agree with our Coach on the matter on numerous levels. Be assured I could not say this if I didn't. What's it got to do with Scott comments, nothing, just like the story was NOTHING.

But people got their high horse on big time. Ok, no worries, how about getting it on for something relevant like Clarho being dragged through the mud for saying what we all know is correct.

Ok mate. It's pretty simple, this has been absurd, so I'm treating it so, and changing tact to other things more important, such as, now all the Don "outragers" have been proven to be reactionary loons, from a emotional point of view, where is their outrage over our coach being dragged through the mud for saying what is correct, that peasmear is a little gob of sh*t with nothing but a mouth that would not survive in the real world? And that Brendon Bolton got his Carlton player Jed Lamb to do to Sicily something so much worse then anything Scott has done; it almost destroyed Sicily with the umpires, that one low life action from his former coach, who has now been forgiven and is back at the club, yet many claim they can't forgive Scotty. I don't like double standards. This is a double standard, period!!

How about we stand up for our own? And by geez we should be standing behind clarko on this and other things he said recently rather then what was said by Don Scott and others years ago.

All i want to do is change the commentary, no matter the method, to get away from bashing a Hawthorn Great to somehow making it about what a scummy bit of crap peasmear is, because I agree with our Coach on the matter on numerous levels. Be assured I could not say this if I didn't. What's it got to do with Scott comments, nothing, just like the story was NOTHING.

But people got their high horse on big time. Ok, no worries, how about getting it on for something relevant like Clarho being dragged through the mud for saying what we all know is correct.
Take a breath the AFL media manufacturers stories and outrage all the time.

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Take a breath the AFL media manufacturers stories and outrage all the time.

have a look at this week where Ralph sent six tweets on how Clarko was going to receive a please explain From the AFL and then sent another Six tweets The following day justifying his tweets.

he created news that didn’t exist and then wants justification. FMD talk about an ambulance chaser

have a look at this week where Ralph sent six tweets on how Clarko was going to receive a please explain From the AFL and then sent another Six tweets The following day justifying his tweets.

he created news that didn’t exist and then wants justification. FMD talk about an ambulance chaser
Robbo with his article, Scott with his original comments

The news cycle has to be 24/7 and people have to create content and stay relevant.

Hutchy alone has a whole stable of people doing that on multiple platforms and they all riff off whichever stories stick

Ok mate. It's pretty simple, this has been absurd, so I'm treating it so, and changing tact to other things more important, such as, now all the Don "outragers" have been proven to be reactionary loons, from a emotional point of view, where is their outrage over our coach being dragged through the mud for saying what is correct, that peasmear is a little gob of sh*t with nothing but a mouth that would not survive in the real world? And that Brendon Bolton got his Carlton player Jed Lamb to do to Sicily something so much worse then anything Scott has done; it almost destroyed Sicily with the umpires, that one low life action from his former coach, who has now been forgiven and is back at the club, yet many claim they can't forgive Scotty. I don't like double standards. This is a double standard, period!!

I noticed you joined BigFooty 4 days ago.

Is that you, Don?

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

That echo chamber he created is more proof that Jon 'Ralph' Wiggum is a fairly tragic and lost character.

His bog modest abilities are barely competent, yet somehow he sees himself as some transcendent media hound.

This would be funny if it were a TV show.

But sadly it's real life, and we all have to step around his 'work' in the same way you would a dog turd at your favourite park.

The Australian football media landscape is a dinosaur.

The shakeup is coming at some stage, we're just at a pretty low ebb right now.

Last edited:
I'd prefer that people didn't use pap-smear as a derogative term to describe Papley. A useful and important life saving medical procedure isn't an appropriate insult.

Crock

All Australian
Oct 22, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I think we all very much respect what Don did on the field but when "our own" turn against us, I think you can expect a reaction!

Would be interested to know your thoughts on Rogiebear93's post:

How far does that gratitude go? It's not limitless, we can't just refuse to criticise a bloke forever off the basis of what he's done previously.

This thread...
train_wreck.jpg

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why is Don bringing this up now?

Why now? If you wanted to be uncharitable , you could say it is because all the people best placed to call bullshit on him are now dead.

We owe a lot to Don , both for what he's done on the field, and his role in stopping the merger, but you can only piss on the club so many times before you've burnt all your gratitude tickets, and surely Don is getting pretty close to that now.

Birdofprey

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Iowa Hawkeyes

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we all very much respect what Don did on the field but when "our own" turn against us, I think you can expect a reaction!

Would be interested to know your thoughts on Rogiebear93's post
:
Since you asked a direct question I'll answer.

I like it, as long as the same is applied across the board. Hence my reference to Brendon Bolton, he's not a bad man, by all reports he is a very good man, who in my opinion, and that's all it is, my opinion, made a mistake in treating Sicily like a fool, yet he's back at Hawthorn. So yes where do you draw that line? That's for each person to decide, isn't it?

And I have to say I question this line regarding Bolton. I love the compassion shown to Bolton, but from a purely selfish point of view, in wanting the side to win win win I question this more then anything that happened 30yrs ago and Don being Don. A provocateur.

Blots maybe brilliant at analzing (bloody spell check) but I couldn't, as a player, take him seriously after that. Just as others can't forgive Scott.

I just don't take Scott seriously in the media, on the bloody field only a idiot wouldn't have.

Now I'm off to see our captain be bashed, by the hateful few, in a different thread.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Who's Ralph?
I shouldn’t be trolling my own......

ISN’T that right DON??!
Correct.

Esp when your own kindda brought "The Kid" into the discussion in this very thread 3 days before "The Kid" said BOO......opps.

“Don should be behind glass at Hawthorn’s Hall of Fame out at Waverley and there should be a little hammer next to it and it should say, ‘break in case of emergency’."
Well said by the Kid.

Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd prefer that people didn't use pap-smear as a derogative term to describe Papley. A useful and important life saving medical procedure isn't an appropriate insult.

I have it on good authority (from someone in the industry) that Papley is a technical term used in the making of adult movies to describe the, er, climax of the movie.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
The Kid goes whack 🥊

Good to hear Brereton stating it as it is about who saved Hawthorn. I've been trying to put people right on this for years. Scott had stuff all to do with it, the entire thing was an initiative from Ian Dicker, and I KNOW at times he's been a little annoyed when people give Scott the credit, but being the true Hawthorn person he is, Ian hasn't said anything because he believes in harmony within the club. Well done Dermie, maybe now people will begin to realise the truth.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good to hear Brereton stating it as it is about who saved Hawthorn. I've been trying to put people right on this for years. Scott had stuff all to do with it, the entire thing was an initiative from Ian Dicker, and I KNOW at times he's been a little annoyed when people give Scott the credit, but being the true Hawthorn person he is, Ian hasn't said anything because he believe in harmony within the club. Well done Dermie, maybe now people will begin to realise the truth.
yep totally agree. dickers money helped don take centre stage.

Back