Welcome DONE DEAL- O'meara being held over a barrel by that stain of a human

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i tank we did really well. Forget pick 88 being our first pick, we secured two out and out guns who are 22 and 23 respectively. We haven't sacrificed our long term situation in any way here. By my reckoning we should be able to bank quite a bit of space in the cap as well to go after a big FA next year.

Imagine a starting midfield of Fyfe/JOM/Titch. We are setting ourselves up to be back in contention again only a few years after threepeating.

Sorry to change tack, but I am actually an American who was raised in Australia with my Mom. I very much consider myself a product of the two countries, with a strong bias toward Australia.

Back in the day of 'remember when' I played Under 19's and a few reserve games with Richmond in 80's as a 17 year old.

I would have played seniors but my father made me return to the USA when I was 17 for College, despite the protestations of one Kevin Bartlett trying to dissuade him from taking me back.

However, because my formative years (10-17) were in Australia I very much developed an Australian sense of humour.

So, and I hope not to offend anyone, but is there a funnier word in whole world than 'Sp_stic'?

Don't get me wrong, I feel terribly sorry for anyone who is challenged or has a disability, but when they were first thinking up words to describe said people, how the hell did they come up with Sp_stic?

Were they having laugh at some poor bastards expense .

"Look, what a sp_stic"

I mean they could have said 'challenged person', 'intellectually compromised' or some other appropriate phrase right from the get go, but they settled on sp_stic.

What the hell were they thinking?

I know the genesis of the word is *******ity, but even that's a pisser.

And I genuinely mean no offence it's a just a silliness that always makes me laugh.

Small things amuse small minds I guess. Perhaps, I am Simple Jack.

Using that word and ret**d is highly offensive and hurtful.

respectfully I ask... what is the correct word to use? When we were kids growing up we were taught that a person was developmentally ret@@ded. It was meant to be a polite way of describing a particular condition

respectfully I ask... what is the correct word to use? When we were kids growing up we were taught that a person was developmentally ret@@ded. It was meant to be a polite way of describing a particular condition
Intellectually disabled is the correct term.

Give it up. Concern trolls have made half the English language off limits these days. I guess the control on old vehicles is now called advance & developmentally challenged ! That is, until those words are deemed off limits too, ffs.

CvMDuLSVUAAwItN.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, how the hell did they did even think it was appropriate.

The word itself is clothed in both the mean spirited and the ridiculous, that's my point.

It's pronunciation, context and construction is absurd and ridiculous.

I just don't get what they were thinking when the word was invented.

It's like let's make the most ridiculous word we can think of to describe a person with a disability.

We did pretty well in the Carlton deal. Package up sh*te for something pretty good.

+ was it our 2017 2nd that we traded or the one the Blues gave us?

Yup I'm confused, it seems GC got two future 2nd rounders, and pick 10.

I didn't think we could give our 2017 2nd round pick up because we'd already traded our 2017 1st round pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, let's hope his body is in good shape and he can reach his potential. That will determine how successful this trade period has been.

What draft picks do we have remaining this year?
And next year? I haven't caught up on the news as yet regarding what we gave/got.

Yup I'm confused, it seems GC got two future 2nd rounders, and pick 10.

I didn't think we could give our 2017 2nd round pick up because we'd already traded our 2017 1st round pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We only gave them 1 2nd round pick. I found out the results after i uploaded the post. the 2017 2nd from Carlton we got was the one they got from GWS. this allowed us to trade our own 2017 2nd because we now had GWS 2nd rounder so now GC got Hawks 2017 2nd rounder and Pick 10 for Jaegar O'Meara

Last edited:
Excellent, let's hope his body is in good shape and he can reach his potential. That will determine how successful this trade period has been.

What draft picks do we have remaining this year?
And next year? I haven't caught up on the news as yet regarding what we gave/got.
This year we have Picks 88, 90 & 106 as the 3 we'll use. Can't see us going past the minimum requirement
Draft with pick 88 & 90 and upgrade Stewart with Pick 106. Maybe we'll upgrade 2 players. so we only have to select one player at 88 then use 90 & 106 for upgrading.

Next year we got all got
GWS 2nd rounder, our 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th etc.

This is a link to a great article by Julian Schiller responding to Bernard Tomic, who caused some offense when he referred to himself as a "*". It's well worth reading.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...s/news-story/e10475e213bf5a13207cc95f6e2afad4

Hahahaaa slobbo on Sen. Pushed on how solid his story was about scum and omera. His response. "Oh er um they wanted him.... but not with their first pick, and they actually didnt speak to him as jom wldnt accept their calls" f'ing lol. But he writes a front page lead in the hun anyways. Have another drink wearing ur hird jumper u hack.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back