Done Deal - Port swap Farmer for Schulz

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85866/default.aspx

PORT Adelaide has snared tall utility Jay Schulz from Richmond in exchange for small rebounding defender Mitch Farmer.

Schulz, originally from SA club Woodville/West Torrens, played 71 games and kicked 58 goals for the Tigers in seven seasons of AFL football after being selected at pick No.12 overall in the 2002 National Draft. The 24-year-old managed just four senior games this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85866/default.aspx

Toby Thurstans v2.

I've said before we could use depth experience defenders.

Hopefully a move that can benefit both clubs.

Heres hoping that a change in clubs can wake Jay up a bit and start to show why he was a first round pick.

Adds a bit of tall experienced depth at least, which is something we dont have a lot of.

Would like to see Mitch make an impact at Richmond as well. He looks like the type of player Hardwick will back in and play straight away...

Good luck to both clubs and players on this one!

Don't really know anything about him, but hope springs eternal!
This is from memory so some of it could be wrong, I was reading up about him at the start of the week. 24 years old, first rounder in 2002 (Pick #12) drafted as a key forward. Failed in that position, tried as key back, failed there, is now a regular VFL player.

But now that he's here, lets throw our full support behind him... :thumbsu:

hello port!

how are things at alberton?

Who is mitch farmer? And seriously why hasnt he played much?

Good luck with Sarge - hopefully you will give him a good run at it in the 1's.

from Tigerland

Welcome Jay. Good luck Mitch. God bless us, everyone.

The only thing I dislike about this trade is that it smells like another excuse for us not to draft a key forward early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck with Sarge. Never allowed to settle in the forward line because of Richo. Never had a good run in the backline either. Uses the ball well and kicks well. Yes there was a reason he went at no.12 in the draft of 2002.
Hope Mitch is the answer to our problem of opposition small forwards cutting us up.
Good luck to both teams. Have a soft spot for the Power.

Good luck to him. I had high hopes for Farmer, but sadly he's gone.

As for Jay Schultz, I hope he makes the most of this oppurtunity, and can join the list of players who succeded here after struggling elsewhere.

Welcome to our club Jay, I like your nickname and look forward to embracing you into solid seasons for the PAFC.

Good luck Mitch.. you and Salter were 'the' two favorite youngin's around my family, good luck to Richmond.

Here's hoping schultz can turn things around at port.

I also hope farmer does good at richmond, especially after having his sanfl club **** him up the arse all year.

This is from memory so some of it could be wrong, I was reading up about him at the start of the week. 24 years old, first rounder in 2002 (Pick #12) drafted as a key forward. Failed in that position, tried as key back, failed there, is now a regular VFL player.

But now that he's here, lets throw our full support behind him... :thumbsu:

He did fail as a forward. The excuse was that Richo was always there and we had nobody to deliver him the ball anyway. But he had a lot of opportunities and never really showed up consistently. I agree he failed as a forward.

All that said, I didn't think he failed as a key defender, but mainly he wasn't any better than many of our other key defenders so he didn't get a gig.

Will be interesting to see where the club see him as fitting in. I think he could be decent at either end of the ground.

Our defence will be land of the giants!

Chad, Carlisle, Pettigrew
Sarg, Chappy, Tregnove :)

Up forward we will play

Ebo, Motlop, Gray
Rodan, Tredrea, Pearce :)

All jokes aside, how many tall defenders wil we need :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back