Done Deal - Port swap Farmer for Schulz

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, I've had Rodan on a HBF with the Doctor in my squads I like to make up.... Off topic but I see his running from back there as something we shouldn't ignore at least for a game!

hope this is a new start and opportunity for farmer as he had been not treated to well this season by his first sanfl club and power by lack of opportunities. good luck mitch hope this is a fresh start - well come to 'I know nothing schulz' - hope he is the right man for the power

Just as an aside, it was interesting to watch the SANFL prelim and GF to compare the likes of Michael Coad to the other AFL players (mainly from our list, or recently retired, cough cough) and to see how superior a player he is, not only talent-wise but body wise. If we were looking for big man depth, he would be my first port of call.

Perhaps our 'grass is greener' philosophy shouldn't only extend to AFL clubs.

Our defence will be land of the giants!

Chad, Carlisle, Pettigrew
Sarg, Chappy, Tregnove :)

Up forward we will play

Ebo, Motlop, Gray
Rodan, Tredrea, Pearce :)

All jokes aside, how many tall defenders wil we need :)
Had a good laugh with that one Rick:thumbsu:, but seriously i can see him playing CHF and moving Waz to the goal square.

Our defence will be land of the giants!

Chad, Carlisle, Pettigrew
Sarg, Chappy, Tregnove :)

Up forward we will play

Ebo, Motlop, Gray
Rodan, Tredrea, Pearce :)

All jokes aside, how many tall defenders wil we need :)
Had a good laugh with that one Rick:thumbsu:, but seriously i can see him playing CHF and moving Waz to the goal square.

I hope we can make him a great player. Might just need a better opportunity and I hope We give him a chance.

Re: Picks 8, 9, 16, 72. What are our options.

sure well swap 71 for your 90 whatever, as if we'd upgrade your second pick to a first round if they tryed that id say keep him

We were promised a pick upgrade, and I don't think an upgrade in the 70s range will be sufficient.
You honestly think you will get a upgrade :confused:

What has Schulz done to deserve anything more than a straight swap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:confused: That trade has gone through. Straight swap.
The 3 way trade between Brisbane, West Coast and Sydney "went through" and then Sydney and Brisbane swapped picks afterwards. There's no reason the same can't happen between us.
Santa Claus. Who do you think?

If he's good enough as a defender, I wouldn't mind Carlile and Schulz as our key backs with Chaplin playing that role that he played against the Lions (Game where he was reported for the bump on Rich), or better still, Chaplin could be tried as a forward.

You blokes are getting a very good player who struggled in a Richo focused forwardline, wouldn't surprise me at all if he is regularly kicking 3 by next seasons end at FF, or holding down CHB.:thumbsu:

very good player???:eek: you ever seen him play?? I'm sorry to ruin the love fest but schulz is a very ordinary player and quite frankly can't believe we got anything for him.

would have been happy to see him delisted even though he was contracted.

Good luck anyway.

yeah, dont know about the very good player call.

A player who was probably going to be delisted versus one that only left because he wanted more years then we offered. If there's a pick upgrade involved you should be swapping with us to give US a higher pick.

He probably would have been delisted if he wasn't under contract, you may get a decent tall defender out of this tbh. He received his last contract on the back of our 8 from 11 wins 2 seasons ago, playing at CHB. Of course Terry threw him into the forward line again this year like the previous 5 years ... for the same result. Richmond could have gotten farmer in the PSD if they wanted to so Im guessing this was the clubs looking after both players because they really didn't care alot either way.

Same Same Rodan at Richmond I guess? :D

As I said on the D&T board, Rodan was an elite junior who was a regular first teamer largely played out of position in a forward pocket at Richmond before doing his ACL.

Schulz however has been nothing but a bits and pieces spudrick.

If he turns it around, great, but jeez, Salter and D. Stewart look like being something to work with up forward and Carlile and Chaplin have the key back possies sewn up. Apart from the boat potentially rocking at either end in an attempt to find a spot for Schulz, where does this leave Pettigrew and M. Westhoff who have both signed recent extensions?

How much listfiller do we actually need?

Im quite warming to Schulz didnt realise he is still 24, I thought he was at least 27 so technically his best is still ahead of him. He has played some decent games so he has got it in him. Surely cant be any worse than the Westhoff's:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back