Mega Thread Don's Party - The future is so bright, we need some pizza and a piss-up

Why is Don Pyke a spud?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan or Chapman better respond to this mess.

They've let it go this long. They promised the best and have delivered this.
Chapman is a ******* fraud, even in his own industry was run out of Sydney

Agree with the op. Pyke is either useless or just toeing the line. We need a coach who can make a tough call. Eddie and Tex are done at a minimum.

One question, how in f*cks name can we consistently lose games by missing easy goals, and allowing the opposition back in, as we've not killed them off by half-time. You expect this when playing away, but at home it's killing us! Nathan Bassett for mine, and give him free rein.

Agree with the op. Pyke is either useless or just toeing the line. We need a coach who can make a tough call. Eddie and Tex are done at a minimum.

One question, how in f*cks name can we consistently lose games by missing easy goals, and allowing the opposition back in, as we've not killed them off by half-time. You expect this when playing away, but at home it's killing us! Nathan Bassett for mine, and give him free rein.
I'm with you
Seen enough now
Is roo's ego too much though
And Bass needs to choose his own football dept

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

We don't need to sack the coach, we need what was promised by Fagan, the best footy department in the league.

We need a review of our club by a independent group.

Or Fagan should walk, Chapman with him. (No i don't need to know they are frauds).

What do people think? Coach or assistants?

Agree with OP, but we will just get another yes man in as the next senior coach who will be as conservative as our last 5* senior coaches.

Our chaiman/board demand we are competitive, they do not want to chase sponsors if we are bottom 8 material.

*Walsh is included, despite his talk he selected Vb, Wright and MacKay for every game he was there, unfortunately we never found out if he could break the AFC conservative mold.

Need changes at the top, Roo is a big a problem as Chapman.

I would keep Pyke and Clark. Everyone else must be given their matching orders.

I don’t know who we will replace them with but I’m sure he can find a few suitable replacement.

Criteria: they must not have played for the Adelaide Crow before.

Ring Alan Richardson tomorrow. Throw a massive offer to Teague to come back if Judd doesn’t want him.

Coach: Don Pyke
Main assistant coach:Alan Richardson
Forward coach: David Teague
Midfield coach: ????
Ruck: Matthew Clarke
Defensive Coach: ????

Everyone else must go.

Its all of it.

I know for a fact that Don instructed Haggis and co to draft pace. We did, we just don't want to play them.

The question for me is why ?? If the coach gives them that mandate where are they ??

I would keep Pyke and Clark. Everyone else must be given their matching orders.

I don’t know who we will replace them with but I’m sure he can find a few suitable replacement.

Criteria: they must not have played for the Adelaide Crow before.

Ring Alan Richardson tomorrow. Throw a massive offer to Teague to come back if Judd doesn’t want him.

Coach: Don Pyke
Main assistant coach:Alan Richardson
Forward coach: David Teague
Midfield coach: ????
Ruck: Matthew Clarke
Defensive Coach: ????

Everyone else must go.
I reckon the Idea of Richo as an Assistant would be a great move, I think he was hard done by at the Saints.

He can't sack them

True, but is he someone that can say 'me or them' is he a coach with that clout? Is he a Clarkson? Nah. That is part of the problem, we pick these rookie coaches. Ever since Ayers, rookies, they might be old but they have never been a head coach before, no authority, no balls, no premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its all of it.

I know for a fact that Don instructed Haggis and co to draft pace. We did, we just don't want to play them.

The question for me is why ?? If the coach gives them that mandate where are they ??

I wonder how much say the head coach at the Crows has in the selection panel? Is he just a single vote?

True, but is he someone that can say 'me or them' is he a coach with that clout? Is he a Clarkson? Nah. That is part of the problem, we pick these rookie coaches. Ever since Ayers, rookies, they might be old but they have never been a head coach before, no authority, no balls, no premierships.
Ayres was too much the other way, but you saw how uncomfortable our senior players were back then.

Its all of it.

Don’t remember who but someone posted that Pyke is coaching for his job.

The easy option for the board is to sack him. Hence why he is going with the senior players but the senior guys are cooked.

Unbelievable how stubborn Pyke is in his system. Watching Merrett run around unchecked was laughable. Not one person went near him. Look back and we let all the star mids smash us with no tag, week after week no change. Gray, Kelly, Oliver, Shuey, Gaff, Neale the list goes on. Back in our mids. Yet we constantly see Sloane tagged out of games. Campo, Pyke, Hart, Burton, Chapman and Roo need the broom and AFC a fresh start.

At this point regardless of whether Pyke is at fault or not, in the unlikely event there is to be a review and cleanout, he has to be collateral.

Sorry, Don, you are s**t. And if you aren't s**t and its the people around you thats sad but sorry Don, you appear to be s**t.

The only thing to save Pyke with the fans is a flag and we won't get one with his gameplan and list as it is. To rebuild a list your results will dive. Pyke can't afford that.

Sorry, Don. You aren't our man.

Back