"Don't Believe in Never" - 2018 AFL ad campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

All three so far bloody good. I hope they turn it into more. Could do one with Daniel Menzel which would be awesome
Max Bailey would make a little more sense, as he played in a Flag after all his recos. Menzel doesn't have the fairytale ending yet.

Max Bailey would make a little more sense, as he played in a Flag after all his recos. Menzel doesn't have the fairytale ending yet.
Probably the challenge is one is still a player while the other isnt

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I enjoyed watching the first two clips, but I exited the AFLW propaganda after one second because women's footy doesn't interest me.

That’s a pity because the ad is only partially about women’s footy and is much more about diversity, community, inclusiveness and bringing new people to the game. The dad’s story is just as important in that ad as the daughter’s.

But hey, I understand why you wouldn’t want to watch it.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Dont believe in never... as you may get the Cats at the MCG despite finsihing 3rd and then the non Vic minor premier in the GF at the MCG...

Yeah Geelong's never played a home final at the MCG against an MCG tenant and previously interstate teams had always been able to host the grand final. It was really unfair what happened last year. I don't blame you for still being upset.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Happy for Hardwick he told everyone we would bounce back on the couch and every footy expert laughed at him and stuck the boot in especially Matthew Lloyd and Kane Cornes

Including tigers fans. This is the biggest revisionist s**t ever when you can find so so many posts from tigers fans in 2016 calling for him to be sacked

Including tigers fans. This is the biggest revisionist s**t ever when you can find so so many posts from tigers fans in 2016 calling for him to be sacked
I did want him sacked but he owned up to his flaws and impressed the board we then got the right ppl around him in caracella/balme

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right so what's the point of bringing up journalists who shared the same opinions as fans?
It’s the way they sank the boot in Kane Cornes for example would constantly go on about how recruiting prestia and caddy would set us back 10 years

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Dont believe in never... as you may get the Cats at the MCG despite finsihing 3rd and then the non Vic minor premier in the GF at the MCG...

Where was the uproar when the AFL scheduled Geelong to play Sydney at the G in the second semi final a week later?

Oh that's right there wasn't one because this happened at Kardinia Park in R20

upload_2018-3-19_8-59-31.png

Seethus

Premiership Player
May 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Where was the uproar when the AFL scheduled Geelong to play Sydney at the G in the second semi final a week later?

Oh that's right there wasn't one because this happened at Kardinia Park in R20

View attachment 471658
wait why is it a problem Geelong playing a home game in Geelong?
we then had to play the swans at the mcg in the semi finals.
What point were you making here?

Kane Cornes was still bagging us out in GF week. Most commentators had sensed a change by then.

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
There was a lot of hype around him [Aliir Aliir] in 2016 from a very small sample of exiting games that showed his inexperience alongside his athletic potential.
No worries.
We’ll find a spot for him down at the Cattery :)

Seriously, though, it’s good to see the AFL highlighting a Sudanese success story. Lord knows, the kids get enough bad press.

I reckon he’ll be back in the first team sooner rather than later with the combination of physique and poise that he showed.

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
(Do we need to have the “home ground advantage “ shitfight in this thread?)

Three excellent videos. The AFL have made a great call in getting this director in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back