Remove this Banner Ad

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Great point, I wonder why there was no debate when Geelong weren't allowed to play a Final at a Stadium that was under construction?

Still played it on your opponent's home ground. There were other options.

2011 was the same situation. Where were the tears and tantrums then?

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
2 things

1. I thought 2017 final should have been played at the MCG.
2. Are you really not smart enough to see the difference, or just trolling?

I don't see enough of a difference between 2017 and every other year in history for all the Geelong whinging. They've always played home finals at the MCG (except for that Dockers loss), so why such a big deal last season?

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't see enough of a difference between 2017 and every other year in history for all the Geelong whinging. They've always played home finals at the MCG (except for that Dockers loss), so why such a big deal last season?

It wasn't a big deal, it wasn't then, still isn't now.
The main people who bring it up now (and who brought it up then) are Richmond fans.

It's mostly just Richmond fans whinging about non existent whinging, while refusing to admit that finishing third and getting a Home Final week 1 is pretty fortunate.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
It wasn't a big deal, it wasn't then, still isn't now.
The main people who bring it up now (and who brought it up then) are Richmond fans.

It's mostly just Richmond fans whinging about non existent whinging, while refusing to admit that finishing third and getting a Home Final week 1 is pretty fortunate.

It's very fortunate. I think the AFL should be trying to move toward a situation where teams always play home games at home, including the GF. But we didn't get any special favours last season. It was how it always is. And there's definitely plenty of whinging, even from non-Cats fans 6 months after the event.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ladies?
Women?
Lasses?
Females?

Whats the acceptable term this decade?
Is it patronising or perhaps merely mirror imaging of the infantilising language used in the “boys’ game”?

Noticed that players in AFLW refer to each other as “the girls” in a similar way ...

So why do we infantilise when it comes to comradarie?

Pretty sure people stopped reading this post by about the fourth word...:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back