Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feels weird being a film franchise.
I understand.

Lucky it’s not named after an airline of a country that allows so much rights to its ladies...

Im just worried it might get over-commercialized.

Watching footy at Etihad might become one huge marvel advertisement and they will throw random movie tie in's during matches or have silly gimmicks trying to relate the marvel characters to the game.

It could lead to a hugely disruptive experience and this might open the door for other big name companies to go for sports stadiums worldwide and push their "branding" on people.

Idk. I might be over-paranoid but I can really see it going down this route where footy becomes purely an "advertising tool"

It doesn't matter what happens before or after the game but what will not change is that 4 quarters of football will still be played

Oh the irony.
GDPR Day was yesterday,got an email from Ghostery Browser about how they take security and privacy very seriously.
Got everyone else’s email address sent to me too

Oh the irony.
GDPR Day was yesterday,got an email from Ghostery Browser about how they take security and privacy very seriously.
Got everyone else’s email address sent to me too
This 'privacy' stuff is very confusing.
Do i have to go into every site and check my settings?
And i dont understand the lingo

This 'privacy' stuff is very confusing.
Do i have to go into every site and check my settings?
And i dont understand the lingo
No just whatever browser(s) you use.
I work on the principle of "give 'em nothin'!"

No just whatever browser(s) you use.
I work on the principle of "give 'em nothin'!"
But what about all the emails I’m getting about ‘valuing my privacy’?

But what about all the emails I’m getting about ‘valuing my privacy’?
Not sure.
Maybe best if you do check your settings in one and see.
In my experience it's usually the browsers.
I'll defer to wiser people on this one...
Bard and Black_White

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's to do with the GDPR legislated in the EU, massively enforcing individual privacy. Essentially any websites that want to trade or operate within the EU must abide by these new laws, and therefore have had to adjust their privacy policies to suit.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/21/what-is-gdpr-and-how-will-it-affect-you

Anzacday
Thanks Bard, I know the reasoning for the emails.
Does MG, (or us) need to do anything different besides ensure our browsers have our desired settings?

Thanks Bard, I know the reasoning for the emails.
Does MG, (or us) need to do anything different besides ensure our browsers have our desired settings?

It's got nothing to do with existing or new security vulnerabilities etc, it just means that you as a consumer now have more power in how your data is used by the company who collects it.

It's got nothing to do with existing or new security vulnerabilities etc, it just means that you as a consumer now have more power in how your data is used by the company who collects it.
What he said Magpie Girl ;)

Bale

Handy goal!

Well, that was a crazy ride of a season for the Reds.

Shame about the final, but I'm now going to block it from my mind for eternity and focus on the Pies for a while.

Amazing goal. Could be heading back to the EPL next season too.
Nice to see Liverpool lose

As a Man U type I’m happy to see Liverpool lose

Of course you will all be happy to know that Facebook, who used to base the Australian version out of Ireland (for tax purposes), have now moved its Australian operations to the USofA.
So the data protection act does not apply.
I expect other companies to do the same to retain the ability to use your data/personal details anyway they feel fit.
With the revelations on Facebooks business practices recently, we all should be worried.
And of course all the “loyalty” cards in your wallets are not based in jurisdictions that this new law covers.
Your data/personal details are no longer yours.

Of course you will all be happy to know that Facebook, who used to base the Australian version out of Ireland (for tax purposes), have now moved its Australian operations to the USofA.
So the data protection act does not apply.
I expect other companies to do the same to retain the ability to use your data/personal details anyway they feel fit.
With the revelations on Facebooks business practices recently, we all should be worried.
And of course all the “loyalty” cards in your wallets are not based in jurisdictions that this new law covers.
Your data/personal details are no longer yours.
Not on any social media apart from BF and if I purchase anything (rarely) and have to type in email, I have a second account that I use and after that is completed. Unsubscribe if emails are sent. If a phone number is required, I either make one up or transpose numbers of existing number.

For security I use Ghostery, Kaspesky and also have do not track on (restricts some sites but not a big issue).
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2790761?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

I also have just switched to another browser that I am trying - Waterfox.

Not on any social media apart from BF and if I purchase anything (rarely) and have to type in email, I have a second account that I use and after that is completed. Unsubscribe if emails are sent. If a phone number is required, I either make one up or transpose numbers of existing number.

For security I use Ghostery, Kaspesky and also have do not track on (restricts some sites but not a big issue).
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2790761?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

I also have just switched to another browser that I am trying - Waterfox.
All good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back