Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a doco on IKEA.
Never knew that they consume 1% of all timber harvested in the world.
Never knew that their food sales makes them the tenth largest food retailer in the world!
It’s not all about the Allen key.

Did you know what their meatballs are made of? For a hint, ask Saintly Viewed.

Watching a doco on IKEA.
Never knew that they consume 1% of all timber harvested in the world.
Never knew that their food sales makes them the tenth largest food retailer in the world!
It’s not all about the Allen key.

It is though.

A little known factoid is most of the worlds metal is used to make these keys & they are used as a once off.

Environmental criminals.

By "old" you mean "new" compared to the original?

Its bloody horrible, Havent heard it but its definitely Mike Brady. Probably late 80's and I assume it never took off.

The "old" version we all know was recorded in about 1970 I believe.
Wasn't sure which year this one was made and because I'd never heard it I assumed it must've been real old :D

It is though.

A little known factoid is most of the worlds metal is used to make these keys & they are used as a once off.

Environmental criminals.
I keep all my Allen Keys...

Found this "old" version of the Collingwood song with the line "there's just one team we favour, etc" instead of "Oh, the premiership's a cakewalk" (I'd heard from my dad this used to be the lyric although I'd never found an actual song with it).
Never knew there was a second verse though and really caught me by surprise. Thought I'd leave it here in case anybody hasn't heard it.

By "old" you mean "new" compared to the original?

Its bloody horrible, Havent heard it but its definitely Mike Brady. Probably late 80's and I assume it never took off.

The "old" version we all know was recorded in about 1970 I believe.

Yeah, that version was 80’s.

This version was recorded at the height of the ‘Collywobbles’ because it was thought that maybe hubris was getting in the way of Premiership success ... hence the dropping of the ‘Oh the Premiership’s a cakewalk’.

As Timmy said, it didn’t last long.

But I do think the “hear the barrackers are shouting” makes better sense than “see the barrackers are shouting”.

Did you know what their meatballs are made of? For a hint, ask Saintly Viewed.

How is eating Nelly the horse any different to eating Flossy the sheep, Daisy the cow, or Skippy the bush kangaroo?

How is eating Nelly the horse any different to eating Flossy the sheep, Daisy the cow, or Skippy the bush kangaroo?

Im not ever accepting an invitation to dinner at your place now. :(

Speaking about off cuts... I was watching 7.30 report this week and they were discussing pet food and how it was made in light of illnesses some dogs had due to the food. I was also surprised that they make stock out of these off cuts. Yuk. Didn't know that.

Just as well I have never bought stock as always prefer to make my own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking about off cuts... I was watching 7.30 report this week and they were discussing pet food and how it was made in light of illnesses some dogs had due to the food. I was also surprised that they make stock out of these off cuts. Yuk. Didn't know that.

I didn't see the report. What parts were they using? Stock is always made from offcuts, bones, heads etc. so I'm just curious.

We make our own chicken stock with roast chicken carcasses. Yummy.

I didn't see the report. What parts were they using? Stock is always made from offcuts, bones, heads etc. so I'm just curious.

Sheep's head (plastic tags are a problem in pet food), off cuts from butcher shops were the ones I remember.

When I make my own, use chicken carcass and beef bones, throw in some vegies like celery, onion, carrot too. Fresh from garden.Yum is right.

In our house to make stock we use a raw chicken. Or two. Salt, pepper, celery, carrot, herbs. Lots of herbs. And lots of water (obviously)!!!!

Shredding the chicken at the end is a bit of a messy job but its totally worth it. Best chicken noodle soup you'll ever have (chicken pasta soup to be correct in our case) , with chicken cooked from scratch and the stock made yourself.

We usually throw the shredded chicken back into the stock with risoni, and corn. A little chilli and soy and some fresh bread and coriander....cant beat it. And the dog LOVES the leftover carrot and celery!!!

In our house to make stock we use a raw chicken. Or two. Salt, pepper, celery, carrot, herbs. Lots of herbs. And lots of water (obviously)!!!!

Shredding the chicken at the end is a bit of a messy job but its totally worth it. Best chicken noodle soup you'll ever have (chicken pasta soup to be correct in our case) , with chicken cooked from scratch and the stock made yourself.

We usually throw the shredded chicken back into the stock with risoni, and corn. A little chilli and soy and some fresh bread and coriander....cant beat it. And the dog LOVES the leftover carrot and celery!!!

Now you're talking!

You can watch it here if you like (Tuesday show - starts about 6.15 in): https://iview.abc.net.au/show/7-30

There was an issue last year with a cat food product from an American company.
It killed cats, it made cats sick.
It was a “premium” brand, and yes I purchased but was lucky that I feed my cats a mixture of brands.
Even though we did that, we did notice two of our cats exhibit symptoms that the deceased cats had.
We dodged a bullet.
Now there are dead dogs, dogs that need to be put into special chairs simply to be able to eat.
The pet food industry is unregulated and controlled by very big multinationals.
I see the Senate is now conducting an enquiry with the possibility of legislation.
Long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back