Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read a Caroline Wilson article about Dayne Beams. The only thing I got out of it was a strong desire to ask her to shut-up and go learn how to be a footy journalist. WTF is this "Days Of Our Lives" bull**it? Reading her crap is like nails on a blackboard.

Just a PCL for Heath Shaw. Maybe his career isnt over after all. Would love to see him play on for one more year.

Wouldnt write him off for 2018 if the Giants go deep in finals!

Good to hear.

I know there's not a lot of love for the Giants here (fair enough) AND I've had a few digs at Heater for his attitude but I still love the bloke and wouldn't begrudge him a flag if it's not to be us this year.

Especially if it was against Richmond.

Good to hear.

I know there's not a lot of love for the Giants here (fair enough) AND I've had a few digs at Heater for his attitude but I still love the bloke and wouldn't begrudge him a flag if it's not to be us this year.

Especially if it was against Richmond.

From the presser..........

He told Channel Seven after the game that he was hopeful he could get back this year.

"We think the ACL is intact, which we'll take as a positive. I think it's a PCL (injury) so six weeks," he said.

"If we get to the Grand Final and draw it, I might be right for the week after. Could have been worse, but it's not ideal."

I dont think Heaters maths is very good. Six weeks takes you to Prelims....not GF replay........

Last edited:
Just a shout out to Ariarne Titmus,
Titmus became only the third woman in history to break the 4min mark for the 400m, pushing Ledecky all the way at the Pan Pacs in Tokyo before finishing second to the great American distance champion in 3:59.66, just 1.16sec behind.

From the presser..........

He told Channel Seven after the game that he was hopeful he could get back this year.

"We think the ACL is intact, which we'll take as a positive. I think it's a PCL (injury) so six weeks," he said.

"If we get to the Grand Final and draw it, I might be right for the week after. Could have been worse, but it's not ideal."

I dont think Heaters maths is very good. Six weeks takes you to Prelims....not GF replay........
Then of course there is the fact that we don't have Grand Final replays anymore!! So not sure if Heath was just having fun with that, or (most likely) he forgot the rules were changed a couple of years back!!

I hope we see him playing again next year, he's been a wonderful player and should have a fair bit of decent football left in him yet.

Trying to teach my kids about humility.

Anyone got a link to a clip of Paul Licuria’s post-game interview from the 2002 qualifying final vs Port Adelaide, for which he got fined by the playing group for being too self-effacing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A typical PCL is normally 6 weeks. Grand Final is in 7. Wouldn’t that be a story if they made it and he got up for it.
Just a PCL for Heath Shaw. Maybe his career isnt over after all. Would love to see him play on for one more year.

Wouldnt write him off for 2018 if the Giants go deep in finals!

Then of course there is the fact that we don't have Grand Final replays anymore!! So not sure if Heath was just having fun with that, or (most likely) he forgot the rules were changed a couple of years back!!

I hope we see him playing again next year, he's been a wonderful player and should have a fair bit of decent football left in him yet.
I think we still have Grand Final replays don’t we? I was under the opinion the league didn’t make a change.

Trying to teach my kids about humility.

Anyone got a link to a clip of Paul Licuria’s post-game interview from the 2002 qualifying final vs Port Adelaide, for which he got fined by the playing group for being too self-effacing?

This all I could find...….no clip as such.

The Hero
Paul Licuria (Collingwood)

Paul Licuria was born and raised in Collingwood’s northern suburbs’ heartland Reservoir. So it was fitting that having experienced two knee reconstructions and just 10 games in three frustrating years in Sydney that the devoted Magpie fan was granted an opportunity in the black and white stripes. The words ‘Licuria’ and ‘battler’ would become synonymous. A massive heart and work ethic would finally see his career blossom in 2001. That year a Copeland Trophy was due reward for Licca’s persistence, and another in 2002 recompense for his consistency and maturity.

Widely dismissed as an honest trier with average skills, Licuria’s 40 possession game on Brownlow runner-up-to-be Josh Francou forced even his harshest critics to re-evaluate. A humble Licuria suggested that Francou had given him a ‘touch-up’ in the first quarter. Certainly, the loose Francou failed to pay his opponent due respect in the second half. Licca’s tenacity was inspirational and instrumental to a memorable victory.

“We all never thought at any time during the whole day that we were going to win. Not until Magic (Davis) kicked that last goal and the runner came out and told us there was only 10 seconds to go in the game was I comfortable we were going to hold on.”
Man of the moment, Paul Licuria

“They just said we couldn’t win, that we had no hope, and we were just damn lucky to be in a finals series. So that just motivated us, and we knew deep down we were in with a great chance.”
Licuria speaks for the playing group who resented a dismissive media and public.

“You’re asking the wrong person because I love Paul Licuria. Paul Licuria is one of the best role models any of our players can look to.”
The closeness between Malthouse and Licuria has been likened to a father and son, as would be demonstrated just a few weeks later.

“We sang that song with so much passion. Trainers, officials, players, we all just sang and it felt so good so deep down.”
Paul Licuria recalls the aftermatch euphoria, a highlight of his first final.

I think we still have Grand Final replays don’t we? I was under the opinion the league didn’t make a change.
No, they scrapped it a couple of years back: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...g/news-story/bcdcf6cbc6f302c85317c35f3d3ef870 (April 19, 2016)

Grand Final replay scrapped after AFL Commission meeting

GOLDEN point will be used to decide a premiership if extra time can’t split teams under a radical overhaul of the AFL’s Grand Final rules.

The AFL Commission on Tuesday made the historic decision to scrap the traditional — but rarely occurring — practice of replaying drawn Grand Finals.

AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick said the decision was primarily based on fairness to interstate clubs and demands:

- Teams locked on the same score at the end of regulation time play two five-minute halves of extra time, changing ends after the first five minutes.

- If scores remain level at the end of the second period of extra time, the siren will not sound and play will continue until the next score, when the match will finish and a premier crowned.

I'm thinking about getting meself a Brazilian butt lift.

If anyone has had the procedure what are the pros and cons of it re?
Check out this weeks 4 Corners. Fat gets into blood system, then block arteries into heart, then goodnight Irene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back