Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Internet,
No doubt we all get the scam calls but today i played along till i could not stop laughing.
The caller asked me to press press Ctrl + Windows + R
So i assured the person i did and he asked what do i see,My response was Sachin Tendulkar
Alas the phone then went dead.
But people just be aware of what they do and pass this info on to family and friends.
Phone call this arvo.
“ I’m blah blah, from blah blah, and I’d like to know if I could have a chat.”
Me : “what are you selling?”
She “I’m not selling anything, just want to have a chat”.
Me “if you’re not selling, what do you want to buy? What can I give you a price on?”
She “no, I’m not buying just want o have a chat about (company name withheld)”
Me “seriously what are you selling?”
She “no no not selling anything”
Me “so what can I sell you?”

Etc, etc, etc for five minutes while my workmates watched on, belly laughing.....

Eventually she gave up.
But a lot of circle work involved.

Ed was dead wrong. The top ranking team gets the extra days break after the prelim and thats been the case for the past ten years (with one exception due to ground availablity issues). No doubt a Friday game at the G suits the AFL but thats irrelevant.

It was a pathetic distraction from Eddie Maguire. A six day break (after no travel) wont hurt us, and if we managed to win the prelim we get rewarded with an eight day break.
Bull.
The AFL themselves called for parity in the finals fixture only one week before.
Watch the interview with the AFL flog and Eddie on the radio.
The flog could not answer the question.
In the end he meekly states “ this is where it’s landed” without justification.
There is simply no RULE that gives the minor Premier an advantage of an extra days break.
Ed asked to be shown the rule, the flog couldn’t satisfy that request as there is no rule.
As Ed rightly said “rules on the run”.

As Ed rightly said “rules on the run”.
Shocker!
In all seriousness, I'm sure at some point Ed, (as the Club) has benefited from their lack of organisation and biases.
In this instance, IMO he should shut up until if/when we get through this week.
Leon Cameron - " Have a look at those bunch of flogs their President's worried about next week, let's make sure he's got nothing to worry about"
If we're out of the finals, go as hard as he likes, while we're in it - shut-up.
Two Bob.

Shocker!
In all seriousness, I'm sure at some point Ed, (as the Club) has benefited from their lack of organisation and biases.
In this instance, IMO he should shut up until if/when we get through this week.
Leon Cameron - " Have a look at those bunch of flogs their President's worried about next week, let's make sure he's got nothing to worry about"
If we're out of the finals, go as hard as he likes, while we're in it - shut-up.
Two Bob.
You dissapoint me Anzac.
“Stay quiet for fear of retribution “.
That’s not big boy pants posting.....
When he said what he said, there was still time for the AFL to do the right thing. So going hard was the correct decision.
Think you know I’m not one of Ed’s biggest fan.
But on this occasion, he was spot on.

You dissapoint me Anzac.
Sorry mate, I will say I haven't heard it in context.
However, it's still wrong that he speaks up on his radio station.
FFS a phone call is what he should do.
Now if we lose we're open to ridicule yet again, as a result of his mouth.

My next door neighbours are Aboriginal and although I get on very well with the husband (often a chat and a joke) the wife is quite reserved so imagine my surprise when I was getting in my car saw them sitting in the sun and I said 'isn't it great to see some sun'?

The wife replied, 'yes we are looking to get a sun tan'. First time I had heard her make a joke and we all laughed.

I'm already toey waiting for the teams tomorrow

Just curious on Eddie McGuires comeback to sheedys comment. He said at least none of our premierships have an astrix next to them. What does that actually mean? We're some of their flags tainted?

Just curious on Eddie McGuires comeback to sheedys comment. He said at least none of our premierships have an astrix next to them. What does that actually mean? We're some of their flags tainted?
Salary cap breach.

Ed should have added - "in addition to the 4 hours pleasure Kevin kindly identified, we've also enjoyed our fair share of Anzac Days"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO below is dumber than the person who thought putting 35k on Federer to beat Millman at 1.02 was a 'certainty'. Kelly's good but no one is THAT good.

"If
Kelly was available for this week's semi final against Collingwood ...

then
the Giants would be certainties to progress to a third consecutive preliminary final."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-14/sliding-doors-finals-week-two

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/millman-spoils-punters-35000-federer-play-084134015.html

If they can have Kelly.

Can we have Dunn Elliot Shaz and a fully match fit and in form Reid and Moore (not to mention more than one game's match fitness from Treloar Goldsack and Howe)?????

I’m moving to melbourne next year and would love some advice on what kind of membership i should get.

I want something that will give me access to all Pies games at the G/Etihad

I’m moving to melbourne next year and would love some advice on what kind of membership i should get.

If you don't want any special perks then the general admission CFC Home and Away membership will be what you need at a minimum

Another option would be an AFL Membership w/CFC support but you need to pay a bit extra for a reserved seat at Etihad.

That's all to the best of my knowledge.

I have a Captains Membership...…..I have my own seat for all home games.

If you want all games a Legends Membership is the way to go.

AFL membership, best deal in town bar none
If you don't want any special perks then the general admission CFC Home and Away membership will be what you need at a minimum

Another option would be an AFL Membership w/CFC support but you need to pay a bit extra for a reserved seat at Etihad.

That's all to the best of my knowledge.
I have a Captains Membership...…..I have my own seat for all home games.

If you want all games a Legends Membership is the way to go.
Thanks alot guys!

How about in finals? I think i heard some memberships give certain access to finals games, do any give access to finals games/grand final?

Also ill most likely be going to games with my roommate so do some memberships give me to have access to get 2-3 seats next to eachother if i pay extra?

Thanks alot guys!

How about in finals? I think i heard some memberships give certain access to finals games, do any give access to finals games/grand final?

Also ill most likely be going to games with my roommate so do some memberships give me to have access to get 2-3 seats next to eachother if i pay extra?

Legends guarantees all finals.

Captains has to go in a ballot for the GF.

Thanks alot guys!

AFL Membership (Club Support)...all finals including Grand Final
With AFL Membership you can purchase up to 4 Guest Passes

AFL Membership (Club Support)...all finals including Grand Final
With AFL Membership you can purchase up to 4 Guest Passes
That sounds unreal.

In your first and second sentences, is there a difference between “AFL Membership (Club Support)” and “AFL Membership”, or are you referring to the same thing.

Also as my roomate and I support different sides(he’s Carlton) but just enjoy watching the footy, we will most likely want to attend a few of the bigger games throughout the year(anzac day eve, Dreamtime at the G) as mutual supporters. Would i be right to to say the “AFL Membership (Club Support)” only allows me access to Collingwood games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back