Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Maggie5

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good for Betts to be captain... but its clearly racist. Swap Indigenous to Caucasian and imagine the chaos.
Interesting... I don't see it as racist at all, in fact I would love to see a game of 'real football' not this mickey mouse stuff.

I think it would be great for footy and also for them playing in the same team as their 'brothers'.

Think the term is used unnecessarily in this instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dynamics

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Best wishes to Majak.
Life’s tough journey.
Just heard. Fortunately he'll have a lot of good people around him for support.

Serves as a reminder that we still have a long way to go in destigmatising mental health issues and allowing everyone to feel comfortable enough to get help when they need it.

Bad Horse

Trotting free
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just heard. Fortunately he'll have a lot of good people around him for support.

Serves as a reminder that we still have a long way to go in destigmatising mental health issues and allowing everyone to feel comfortable enough to get help when they need it.
Destigmatising is part of it, but its still a hard one to approach.

When at my worst, even if I knew I would be looked after and leaving aside the stigma issues, I'm not going to talk to anyone because I think I'm too worthless to deserve help.

JB1975

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood

When at my worst, even if I knew I would be looked after and leaving aside the stigma issues, I'm not going to talk to anyone because I think I'm too worthless to deserve help.
Same. At my worst I'm looking to bury deeper in the darkness, and not at all of a mind to accept the light of anyone's help. It is a nasty pit.

Dynamics

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

You're right. I shouldn't oversimplify.

Bad Horse

Trotting free
AFL Club
Collingwood
Same. At my worst I'm looking to bury deeper in the darkness, and not at all of a mind to accept the light of anyone's help. It is a nasty pit.
It is deeper and darker than even seems possible. A long way down if I just keep digging.

I tried to die when I was 16, and failed only by a fluke when my foster brother found me. He was so angry with me, and couldnt work it out. I wanted real hard to try again when I was 21 and came pretty close, but something in that last time came back and reminded me how part of me was glad to still be around.

Now even when I'm at my darkest, and part of me wants to not be here, I know I wont, I know I shouldnt do it, and I get help, but I probably wouldnt have but for that experience of coming very close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Looks like a good line up. Alas, my days of music festivals are behind me.
We should all get together for our final music festival.. bit like the last scene from Studio 54 re.. in the beginning going with our mosimo singlet tops.. in the end.. with a shirt and tie.. sorry getting emotional and shit here re..

Top Bottom