Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, the better the tram goes the worse the tattoos they are inking?

(What’s this ink on Stephenson’s chest?)

See my previous post.
Content makes no difference.
My brother got a Magpie tatt after we won in 2010. He must have felt insecure about the victory.

If there was a 'vomit' emoji I would use it here. The reason why attitudes towards Heritier changed is because he exposed himself as a w***er by taking himself far too seriously and seeing racial vilification where it didn't exist.

He is on a very interesting journey to say the least.

I think someone close to him needs to remind him that he isn’t Malcolm X.

He is on a very interesting journey to say the least.

I think someone close to him needs to remind him that he isn’t Malcolm X.
There is also a reminder in that message of how difficult some people find the transition from having “profile” to every day shmo. All of a sudden people don’t even know you exist, don’t care much, don’t pretend to take you seriously...
You have to find a job, make your own way, be with general folk etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His intelligence and forethought will be missed by many, they will not have the slightest idea about the issues he is discussing here...shame really

Disagree BJ.

If you have read his Instagram account you will understand plenty about his issues.

Powerball and Collingwood

If last night you backed these players

Grundy
Beams
Varcoe
Reid
Sidebottom
Daicos
Wills

And for the powerball gave a support nod to Murray

You’d be a lot richer

:)

Many of the things Lumumba is talking about are valid and important. They make people feel uncomfortable, and in many cases they should.

That said, his navel gazing abilities and sense of self importance are pretty powerful, and for better or worse they rub some people the wrong way.

Yes, but I was referring to those who haven't read that account and make (incorrect) assumptions based on snippets of info instead of looking at it in proper context
Don't know who you are referring to, but I have seen/heard his interview with Waleed Aly and read the contents of his web pages, viewed his instagram page, as well as reading third party opinions. To me he is a man who for several years seemed a quaintly refreshing addition to the football scene, with his thinking chair and his desire to meet the Dalai Lama etc but then began to take both himself and some light hearted issues far too seriously. Ultimately, he made enemies where he should have been making friends, claiming to have been racially vilified but unable to provide supportive evidence, then referring to Waleed Aly as a white supremacist after being made to look foolish by him in a radio interview.

Interesting.
I grew up in Australia as the child of Turkish imigrants.
Despite Turks not being the most liked race (for good reason, I don't like them much myself either :)) I've always found Australians on the most part to be very accepting, inclusive and tolerant.

Personally I reckon this guy is seeing things that aren't there. Don't like the way he, in my opinion, slurs Australia unjustifiably.
Yes, Australia in the past wronged the Aboriginals and yes we still have a long way to go to correct those wrongs, but current day Australia is nothing like what he is making out.

It’s a pity that he will never get his message across. There are many others doing great things in educating society. These people are full of understanding and see the ‘best’ in us. They look to the future.

Heretier....well he seems to be all about anger and hate. He sees the ‘bad’ and is consumed by the past and really unable to look to the good that is in the future.

It’s a pity. He is doing far more harm in his personal ‘quest’.

The good news is that here in Victoria a treaty will be achieved within the term of the current government. The other states will then follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back