Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When mods delete posts that are not obviously offensive but are for some reason deemed inappropriate, I would appreciate a message to my inbox explaining their reason for deletion. I understand the time restraints on them and appreciate that there are occasions where explanations are unnecessary, but not when it involves a single post.

When mods delete posts that are not obviously offensive but are for some reason deemed inappropriate, I would appreciate a message to my inbox explaining their reason for deletion. I understand the time restraints on them and appreciate that there are occasions where explanations are unnecessary, but not when it involves a single post.
Intriguing?

Bad punning?

Or misunderstood punning?

Example:

Pun walks in, ten dead.

Djing is a topic.. yet I had my djing posts deleted re.. Unfbelievable re..

Covered up by the US army after accidentally shooting it down. I like that one.
Now it’s the Malaysian military that shot it down.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
A thread hint would be nice.
Alternatively PM us Mods and we can, (maybe/hopefully) explain.

Personally I'm happy when Mods delete my posts, usually I'm being a kent.:p

I have no idea what you're talking about.
A thread hint would be nice.
Alternatively PM us Mods and we can, (maybe/hopefully) explain.
It's a simple question. When mods delete a post, is an explanation sent to the poster? I don't want to contest a deletion. Just wondering if the board has a policy regarding whether an explanation is given or not.

It's a simple question. When mods delete a post, is an explanation sent to the poster? I don't want to contest a deletion. Just wondering if the board has a policy regarding whether an explanation is given or not.
I have asked the question before (my deleted posts) and it seems explanation is a 'time' matter and I suppose on a 'hot topic' can be a problem.

Greg Baum has written a rather melodramatic piece about the Eddie Betts twitter thing of last week.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/speaking-up-silently-for-betts-20190225-p5105d.html

Greg must be a poster at BF because he indulges in a nice bit of name-calling. Referring to the guy who said whatever to Betts ( I havent bothered to find out what it was ) that he was pudgy. "Pudgy" is short and plump. This is new to me, because I always thought that many of those nazi guys and KKK'ers were pretty slim.

He also referred to the guy as a flogger..... which confirms that Greg is a regular poster at BF.

Anyway, after venting for a few hundred words abusing the guy who made the comment, Greg then offered the advice that the dickhead (my abuse) should be ignored. Hot damn! Finally, someone comes up with the right answer.

One lesson that I have learnt in life is it doesnt matter how much you legislate, or march in the streets etc etc etc, there will be some idiot who wants some attention. Ignore em? Not a bad strategy. I reckon you should just laugh at them.

Greg makes the point that the difference with the internet racists is that they are anonymous. This is true. People can just fade back into the darkness and change their nickname and then strike elsewhere - which reminds me of a few BF posters. However, a stupid comment is a stupid comment. It doesnt matter if these guys change their nicks every second week.

If I saw someone posting a racist comment, I'd just advise the guy to get back to his wanking and leave the net for the adults. Treating these people seriously is feeding their feelings of inferiority. So basically I agree with Greg but with a little less drama.

I have asked the question before (my deleted posts) and it seems explanation is a 'time' matter and I suppose on a 'hot topic' can be a problem.

I think most censorship comes under the heading that someone somewhere will be upset....so the world is a better place if no one is upset

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most censorship comes under the heading that someone somewhere will be upset....so the world is a better place if no one is upset
I wasn't upset, just wanted clarification in relation to the rules. I have been very good since that one time.

I am not a repeat offender like Obese Arachnid seems to be if I interpret his post correctly.:D

I wasn't upset, just wanted clarification in relation to the rules. I have been very good since that one time.

I am not a repeat offender like Obese Arachnid seems to be if I interpret his post correctly.:D

you misunderstand. THe person who posts something that might upset someone gets censored. So your post got deleted because it might upset someone.

Just write nice kind words and everything will be fine

A couple of weeks ago, the club tweeted that Paul Leeds is going to get a life membership. For those that don't know, Paul is a business partner of Eddie and a big mate. He's been involved in Victorian Racing for a long time and he is passionate about it. You can find a lot of references to Paul's racing passion all over the internet. oh btw, Paul is also on the Collingwood board. He is said to be an excellent seat warmer.

Hopefully, this life membership will be enough to extract him out of the boardroom. Otherwise, we might have to get the Pies medical team to surgetically remove him. Nathan Buckley in the Copeland speech indicated that Peter Murphy might soon make the board....

Of course, nothing has happened so far but where there's life there's hope.....

Meanwhile Alex Waislitz is still Vice President of the club. Evidently he's a bit of an amateur magician and does party tricks at his famous parties. Just managing to stay on the Pie board for 20 years is enough for me to name him the Harry Houdini of the 21st century.

How dare you!

tenor.gif

But yes sometimes I'm naughty.

fcb24db886af89bb599982983a1e22c7.gif

Have no idea where to post this. Did a quick search of 'Footy cards' and turned up in a Richmond thread. YUCK.

So I have a footy card of Mark Richardson that has his, Max and Waynes signature on the one card. The card, along with many more, are still at Mums house. Mum has dementia, so I dont get round there often, but when I do next I'll post a photo of it. The card, not the Mum.

Brings back the memories of growing up close to VFL park. My brothers and I would sneak in to the ground (or get in for free at 3/4 time), to collect cans for cash. We always took our cards and got loads of signatures when the players left.

I know I have heaps, but authenticity was not big in the 80's.
Gavin Brown
Wayne Carrey
Doug Hawkins

Probably would never sell, as I'm sort of a collector/horder. Thanks Mum! Interested if others have VFL cards that are near and dear to them.

I do however have a photo of my smurf collection that others find a little weird.
20190228_050840.jpg
Again, its all Mums fault, but I love it.

Shouldn't you visit her MORE if she has dementia? :p

Cool find! The card... not sure how I feel about the smurfs.
Hard to talk about. Last time she was afraid of me, as she didn't know who I was, or my younger brother who was with me at the time. So now I make sure my sister is at home first. You should see Mums collection of old vegemite tins, cough lollie tins, Coke btls. She is/was an organised collector who would take me to the 'Bizarre' on Chapel St. 3AW boys I think had a stall or a card shop close as well. Memories.

Hard to talk about. Last time she was afraid of me, as she didn't know who I was, or my younger brother who was with me at the time. So now I make sure my sister is at home first. You should see Mums collection of old vegemite tins, cough lollie tins, Coke btls. She is/was an organised collector who would take me to the 'Bizarre' on Chapel St. 3AW boys I think had a stall or a card shop close as well. Memories.

Fair enough mate, sorry to hear.

Thread returning to normality.

Well as normal as the normal posters post, not so normal for not normal posters posting.

Normally normality was retails.

Except when it’s not normal.

Have no idea where to post this. Did a quick search of 'Footy cards' and turned up in a Richmond thread. YUCK.

So I have a footy card of Mark Richardson that has his, Max and Waynes signature on the one card. The card, along with many more, are still at Mums house. Mum has dementia, so I dont get round there often, but when I do next I'll post a photo of it. The card, not the Mum.

Brings back the memories of growing up close to VFL park. My brothers and I would sneak in to the ground (or get in for free at 3/4 time), to collect cans for cash. We always took our cards and got loads of signatures when the players left.

I know I have heaps, but authenticity was not big in the 80's.
Gavin Brown
Wayne Carrey
Doug Hawkins

Probably would never sell, as I'm sort of a collector/horder. Thanks Mum! Interested if others have VFL cards that are near and dear to them.

I do however have a photo of my smurf collection that others find a little weird.
View attachment 626809
Again, its all Mums fault, but I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back