Status
Not open for further replies.

joff

Premium Platinum
Jan 3, 2011
oz
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've wondered a couple of times this season whats happened to Adam Treloar and Mark Allen on sports galore as I enjoyed watching it every week then I spotted Mark Allen on Open Mike he was nearly unrecognisable due to cancer the speed of it is crazy for any male's who are in their 40s there is plenty to learn in that episode hopefully he makes a full recovery

I'm sitting here with 'Home & Away' on the TV, some background before the footy starts. It strikes me that it is a rather terrible show. And yet there was a time (mid-1990s) when I enjoyed the show very much, when Summer Bay was a happy place for me.

Maybe I've changed.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm sitting here with 'Home & Away' on the TV, some background before the footy starts. It strikes me that it is a rather terrible show. And yet there was a time (mid-1990s) when I enjoyed the show very much, when Summer Bay was a happy place for me.

Maybe I've changed.
Alf, he’s still flamin’ Goin’

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Just over 5 weeks ago, the Age reported that the Sam Murray matter was drawing to a close. It seems that the report has been written but ASADA found that it's spellcheck software was out of date and they had to buy a new version. Then their IT manager went on a couple of weeks holiday following his recent marriage, so he hasn't been there to install the update. It seems that all the ducks are aligning and the agency should be producing the final report in the next few weeks, taking into account that there may be things outside of their control that might delay the final document. So matters are moving rapidly....

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...

Maybe I've changed.

It's strange that you made a comment on H&A. I saw a promo of it a few days back and I couldnt tell the difference between the soapie and one of those dating/wedding/have sex with a stranger programs that are currently the rage on the teevs. It seems to me that the lines between reality and fiction are blurring even more as we speak...

Alf, he’s still flamin’ Goin’

Seems sad in a way, a whole career spluttering the same flamin' lines in the same flamin' way, but I suppose it's a pretty good gig for an actor. He probably saw the Snickers commercial as a form of career development.

It's strange that you made a comment on H&A. I saw a promo of it a few days back and I couldnt tell the difference between the soapie and one of those dating/wedding/have sex with a stranger programs that are currently the rage on the teevs. It seems to me that the lines between reality and fiction are blurring even more as we speak...

I've been struck by the promos of those renovation shows, where the room gets 'revealed' to some person who promptly bursts into tears. Seems a bit much. I tried to produce some tears when my partner 'revealed' some new cushions she'd bought a few weeks ago, but the tears just wouldn't flow and a moment of poignant drama was lost.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems sad in a way, a whole career spluttering the same flamin' lines in the same flamin' way, but I suppose it's a pretty good gig for an actor. He probably saw the Snickers commercial as a form of career development.
He was in the original Prisoner.

Actually played two different characters.
One that wanted Jim Fletcher to kill but the police killed the Ray Maher character before getting at Jim.

The other character wanted to get Rita Connors but he got stabbed to death.

Just over 5 weeks ago, the Age reported that the Sam Murray matter was drawing to a close. It seems that the report has been written but ASADA found that it's spellcheck software was out of date and they had to buy a new version. Then their IT manager went on a couple of weeks holiday following his recent marriage, so he hasn't been there to install the update. It seems that all the ducks are aligning and the agency should be producing the final report in the next few weeks, taking into account that there may be things outside of their control that might delay the final document. So matters are moving rapidly....

They're taking all necessary steps to expedite the process. All forms related to this request have been filled in, peer reviewed, and have been sent to the steering committee for approval. Unfortunately, this coincided with a few public holidays which some of the key stakeholders took advantage of. They will hit the deck running at full speed in July with the aim to have things done before Xmas, 2021.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
They're taking all necessary steps to expedite the process. All forms related to this request have been filled in, peer reviewed, and have been sent to the steering committee for approval. Unfortunately, this coincided with a few public holidays which some of the key stakeholders took advantage of. They will hit the deck running at full speed in July with the aim to have things done before Xmas, 2021.
Sam has asked to put in his pension request papers in as well, result expected at the same time.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
...I tried to produce some tears when my partner 'revealed' some new cushions she'd bought a few weeks ago, but the tears just wouldn't flow and a moment of poignant drama was lost.

MUSINGS ON SOFT FURNISHINGS:

1. I wonder if the philosopher-king Marcus Aurelius appreciated fine cushions in his battlefield quarters.

2. A childhood mate had a dog that would hump a specific cushion. The little mongrel would snarl if anyone got too close to its object of passion.

3. I attended a King Furniture sale with my then small children. While I examined sofas they sat with several cheap cushions I snaffled on the way in. Returned to witness a woman trying to dispossess them.

Last edited:

1. I wonder if the philosopher-king Marcus Aurelius appreciated fine cushions in his battlefield quarters.

2. A childhood mate had a dog that would hump a specific cushion. The little mongrel would snarl if anyone got too close to its object of passion.

3. I attended a King Furniture sale with my then small children. While I examined sofas they sat with several cheap cushions I snaffled on the way in. Returned to witness a woman trying to dispossess them.

MUSINGS ON SOFT FURNISHINGS: A REPLY

1. There were aspersions that Aurelius had an appreciation of fine fabric and soft furnishings, some murmurings among the troops, but the man himself denied it in the most strident terms. Caesar was more self-assured about such things, flaunted his love of Persian tassels. This might have played a part in his ultimate demise.

2. Really, once the dog had made a bedfellow of that particular cushion then I'm really not sure why anyone would want anything more to do with it. 'Render to Caesar' springs to mind...

3. I know how seriously people --and some small dogs-- take their cushions. I might not understand it, but I know enough to know that I would never attend a cushion sale without the protection of a Praetorian guard.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

So no commentary on your soft work on your own ottoman divan?

Hmmmm

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our ottoman is often mistaken for a pouf

(PS this post is dedicated to the worst scriptwriter on The Benny Hill Show)
You’ve gone low seat there

How’s your wag?
How’s your half brother?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Reality is a rare commodity in reality tv.

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reality is a rare commodity in reality tv.
Well, that's burst that bubble and I was oh so engaged with whathisname and his funny wisecracks to his bimbo tradie partner sho for some reason looks like she's been selected from a clone factory and appears eerily similar to that girl n the toothpaste commercial or was it Panadol? I'm shattered

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Soft furnishings also featured prominently in the works of Sun Tzu but mainly in his lesser known work Art of War II: Crafts of War. Macrame cushion covers made from the hair of slain enemies were all the rage for the aspiring general back in the day.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've wondered a couple of times this season whats happened to Adam Treloar and Mark Allen on sports galore as I enjoyed watching it every week then I spotted Mark Allen on Open Mike he was nearly unrecognisable due to cancer the speed of it is crazy for any male's who are in their 40s there is plenty to learn in that episode hopefully he makes a full recovery

I hadn't heard about this... Stage 4. Damn.

Just read a quick article now saying he had some pretty drastic surgery not too long ago. Hopefully they were able to put a halt to it. What he said in the article about just wanting to be there for his wife and kids really hit me. Fingers crossed for Marko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back