Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nick Stevens, what a sub human being.
No wonder he chose Carlton over Collingwood back in the day.
Scum love to lay with scum after all.

His history says it all.

This is a great thread from that time.

Fratbrat

Senior List
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, played in my golf club's pro-am this morning and the lunch entertainment was Sam Kekovitch and Neil Balme. Opened with Sam doing a bit of solo stuff and then he did an interview of Balme. At the end they called for questions so I asked Balem about bringing in Gubby Allen. Has a bit uncomfortable and took a little time to answer but basically said the decision was made by the President an CEO and he believes was a reward for assistance in getting some trades done. He then said he basically stuffed-up AFLW and the netball so they gave him a job as Football Manager for the AFL. Balme said he left because of this. He closed by saying that if any of this was quoted he would deny saying it.
Make of this what you will.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
sometimes you can rate too many things in footy. the current afl site rates the 2014 draft for each club. It put the pies first. It put the demons third. Granted the site did put the dogs second and it was the demons who had picks 2 and 3 in the draft.....but still, how do you compare clubs who have high draft picks to clubs who have lower draft picks? We cant even get a decent system to score a fight between two old footballers. I dont see the point of all this rating. The pies did well picking degoey. It did well with maynard. Moore was a no brainer. Crisp was a good punt but a few didnt measure up. I dont even know if 5 years later you can really rate these things....but i suppose it passes the summer months..

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, played in my golf club's pro-am this morning and the lunch entertainment was Sam Kekovitch and Neil Balme. Opened with Sam doing a bit of solo stuff and then he did an interview of Balme. At the end they called for questions so I asked Balem about bringing in Gubby Allen. Has a bit uncomfortable and took a little time to answer but basically said the decision was made by the President an CEO and he believes was a reward for assistance in getting some trades done. He then said he basically stuffed-up AFLW and the netball so they gave him a job as Football Manager for the AFL. Balme said he left because of this. He closed by saying that if any of this was quoted he would deny saying it.
Make of this what you will.

If Balme was a man of integrity then why wouldn’t he sign off on his allegations?

Mud sticks........easy for Balme to throw it around after walking into two Premierships.

Balme was in charge of a disfunctional playing group.......that is fact.

He left before he got the arse......that is fact also.

Gubby helped us win a Premiership something Balme never did.

I wonder if he declared his cashy at your golf club to the tax department?

If Balme was a man of integrity then why wouldn’t he sign off on his allegations?

Mud sticks........easy for Balme to throw it around after walking into two Premierships.

You're wasting your breath. Our pantomine has been cast and can't be changed regardless of any truth.

We need our villains, you can't take Gubby away from us, we're loyal to the idea of him being the villain. And you can't replace him with Balmey. He's our court jester who comes to the lunch with 4 VBs then precedes to drink 12 of our expensive IPAs. We don't mind because he's a jolly old bloke who tells one great story after another.

Gubby is the villain and Balmey is the court jester. Bucks is the noble king, Pendles his loyal counsel. Grundy is the heroic prince. Men used to dress as women in pantomines, therefore Darcy will be the heroine.

With the villain and the court jester on the sidelines, we'll all live happily in Premiership land.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

I don’t give 2 *s about Balmy or Allen, however, when he walked into Richmond, they had come off a terrible season season with the board being challenged and a lot of pressure on the coach. Many at Richmond will tell you he has had a significant impact there. Did he ‘walk’ into 2 premierships there? I don’t know. However, the transformation of that club once he joined them has been amazing. Buckley was personally very disappointed when Balmy left as he had been a great supporter of his.
What did surprise me is why did the Pies cut off Allen for his 12 month ‘sabbatical’? Was it the media pressure?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What did surprise me is why did the Pies cut off Allen for his 12 month ‘sabbatical’? Was it the media pressure?

AFL made sure his time at the Pies was up by involving WADA.

We didn’t need him anyway because we got Walsh.

I don’t give 2 fu**s about Balmy or Allen, however, when he walked into Richmond, they had come off a terrible season season with the board being challenged and a lot of pressure on the coach. Many at Richmond will tell you he has had a significant impact there. Did he ‘walk’ into 2 premierships there? I don’t know. However, the transformation of that club once he joined them has been amazing. Buckley was personally very disappointed when Balmy left as he had been a great supporter of his.

The transformation of our club after Balme left has also been pretty impressive. It's pretty clear that our review resulted in Bucks significantly changing his approach to coaching. Balme supporting his pre-review approach might not have been such a great thing.

I'm not suggesting Balme was an issue, I'm just suggesting that there is a fair chance that he was supporting things that weren't working and that isn't actually very supportive.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The transformation of our club after Balme left has also been pretty impressive. It's pretty clear that our review resulted in Bucks significantly changing his approach to coaching. Balme supporting his pre-review approach might not have been such a great thing.

I'm not suggesting Balme was an issue, I'm just suggesting that there is a fair chance that he was supporting things that weren't working and that isn't actually very supportive.

The Court Jester is a good description of him sr36.

The Court Jester is a good description of him sr36.
I don't really know anything about him. Except to say that he's got lovable homely charm. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the charm of a fabulous bloke, nor would I be surprised if it's the charm of a bloke who convinces people with canceer to pay enormous amounts of money for an oregano based cure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk half time might be cut to 10 mins next year.
Not a snowflakes chance in hell.

giphy.gif

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did a Collingwood draftee "play dead" at all his interviews with other clubs to make it more difficult for clubs other than Collingwood to draft him?

Did his plan cause him to slip down the draft order?

Asking for a friend

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
All the other clubs had picks before Collingwood did and we took Bianco with our 2nd pick so they had even more chances to pick him,stuff them I reckon they had their chance and they never took it.

From where we were positioned we got 3 nice picks and made out like bandits happy days indeed.

Scud2

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just a little something for Collingwood eyes

Attachments

• 6A2549BD-7BAF-4F85-ACD5-A11D2AB1C6BC.jpeg
    6A2549BD-7BAF-4F85-ACD5-A11D2AB1C6BC.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 0AD5CBB8-BA88-4300-A989-4A19B9AC0BE2.jpeg
    0AD5CBB8-BA88-4300-A989-4A19B9AC0BE2.jpeg