Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just literally seen that hit, posted same time as you.
Geez it was reckless... quite a silly hit he wasn’t going to get to the ball..
He wasn’t the brightest spark. Heart of a lion though, would have been the difference 😢

Yep, played a good role for us in 2002. I was watching the GF with my old man and I reckon we said “Cloke would have spoiled that” about 8 times. We did miss him.
Grab the chances in 2002, 2011 and 2018 and we would be number 1.
It’s time to get s**t done. Pies win in 2020.

Grab the chances in 2002, 2011 and 2018 and we would be number 1.
It’s time to get s**t done. Pies win in 2020.

2018 hurt the most for mine.

I recall 2002 being a relatively young man in awe of finally watching a GF with my team in it.

2011 we were just about the best side in it, we lost 3 times in the year to the same side so Geelong had our measure that year. I was pretty disappointed we decided to play injured players on the day too. That really cost us.

2010 will never be forgotten in my eyes. The first GF I ever attended was the draw and at the end of the game all I remember is the gut wrenching walk back to my car with a mate. We were silent the whole walk just about. Even the drive home.
Throughout the week going into the game I was nervous as hell, then game day came around and me and the same mate went again. We sat literally the last row on the top tier, Lionel Richie sang “All night long” I felt like it was our time and by god I celebrated “All night long”.
From Shawrys smother on Riewoldt in the first qtr, to our 3rd qtr frenzy with Swanny and Wellingham kicking goals then O’Brien in the last - I knew we were home. What a day.

Now to 2020, it’s funny you say that actually. I don’t usually have many dreams (that I can remember anyway) and most of the time I guess you could call them nightmares. But not long ago I had a dream we did indeed play in the GF in 2020. We played against the Eagles. That was the end of the dream. If by some chance this occurs - It’s time for redemption.

2018 hurt the most for mine.

I recall 2002 being a relatively young man in awe of finally watching a GF with my team in it.

2011 we were just about the best side in it, we lost 3 times in the year to the same side so Geelong had our measure that year. I was pretty disappointed we decided to play injured players on the day too. That really cost us.

2010 will never be forgotten in my eyes. The first GF I ever attended was the draw and at the end of the game all I remember is the gut wrenching walk back to my car with a mate. We were silent the whole walk just about. Even the drive home.
Throughout the week going into the game I was nervous as hell, then game day came around and me and the same mate went again. We sat literally the last row on the top tier, Lionel Richie sang “All night long” I felt like it was our time and by god I celebrated “All night long”.
From Shawrys smother on Riewoldt in the first qtr, to our 3rd qtr frenzy with Swanny and Wellingham kicking goals then O’Brien in the last - I knew we were home. What a day.

Now to 2020, it’s funny you say that actually. I don’t usually have many dreams (that I can remember anyway) and most of the time I guess you could call them nightmares. But not long ago I had a dream we did indeed play in the GF in 2020. We played against the Eagles. That was the end of the dream. If by some chance this occurs - It’s time for redemption.
2018 hurt like nothing else I can recall. Those old enough for 1966 and 1970 might disagree. I remember 77,78,80 and 81.

1990 was special.

Blessing in disguise to lose to GWS last year. We would have been thrashed, and damaged from it. We come into this year hungry and fit.

This is the year of the Magpie.

Blessing in disguise to lose to GWS last year. We would have been thrashed, and damaged from it. We come into this year hungry and fit.

This is the year of the Magpie.
As much as I think it’s better to be in the GF than losing a prelim, and it pains me to say this but the Tigers would have beaten us. And I don’t think I could deal with it, especially after 18. I hate those pricks.

1979 maybe? That hurt. They all hurt, and there's been too many of them.

On a personal level, I was born in 1987 so the first GF I was around for was 1990. Given I was 3 obviously had no clue what was going on. My first proper GF was 2002 and that hurt a lot, I’m not one to hold onto things too much but I still think about the goal Rocca kicked and they called it a behind.
Even out of the big fellas mouth himself he is certain it was a goal. To me that would have likely been the difference. I have watched that game a heap of times and geez what could have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good old baby blue. Puts hair on your chest.

Great drop. Mrs just called me and asked if I needed anything... I suggested “surprise me with an IPA beer 6 pack” let’s see how the little lady goes.

Still on the 02 prelim. How good was Lonie through the middle hitting Rocca lace out. Rocca from about 65 out, goal. Crowd goes berserk.

Great drop. Mrs just called me and asked if I needed anything... I suggested “surprise me with an IPA beer 6 pack” let’s see how the little lady goes.

Still on the 02 prelim. How good was Lonie through the middle hitting Rocca lace out. Rocca from about 65 out, goal. Crowd goes berserk.
I was sitting in the construction zone for the Ponsford. Great seats.

Nice.

Cloke was good across half back. Just played that role so well.
Betheras kicked a cracker from just outside 50 on the run as he was running toward the boundary - great execution. I loved RUPE!!
He always seemed to play well when Bucks was out. Cult hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back