Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Are we changing our game plan by deliberation?

• Yes but only because of the stand rule

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it only looks that way because of the stand rule

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Scritchyscroony

Where'd me kids go?
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
F: J Daicos T Cloke N Davis
HF: N Daicos J Stewart C Brown
C: J Barham L Picken T Brown
HB: H Shaw W Kelly R Shaw
B: J Kelly D Moore J Cloke
R: C Cloke H Shepherd B Oborn
Int: B Starcevich M Richardson Z Merrett E Richards
Sub: J Merrett

Next year when we get Nick Daicos we will have a full 18 of father-sons plus two on the bench. Not a bad team at all. I'm padding the interchange out with grandkids for now till we breed a few more.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Next year when we get Nick Daicos we will have a full 18 of father-sons plus two on the bench. Not a bad team at all. I'm padding the interchange out with grandkids for now till we breed a few more.
I realise you're just having some fun with that, but you are stretching it a bit with the Merrett's, who aren't Thorold's grandchildren (they're his great nephews) and Brandon Starcevich is Craig's nephew, not his son!! Sam Weideman (as a grandson) would be a fair replacement.

neilk

Premium Platinum
Sep 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Is that Tyler or Tarni on the wing?

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Margot Robbie's Shaving Team...
snoop dog's rap in his menu log commercial is probably the best song i've heard this millenium...

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Margot Robbie's Shaving Team...
Watching 360 has always been a balance between the good stuff of the high profile guests and whateley's competence, versus Mark Robinson's quaint stupidity and amateurish non-professionalism...

If he can't be stuffed to get his head out his beer glass to make an effort to find out what's happening at the clubs, I cant be stuffed watching him.

Carringbush2010

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
There's been a lot of talk around changing our game style and structure, I'm guilty as anyone.

Some would argue that it has changed for a positive, and I've agreed on the autopsy threads.

However I do question if our 'change' has come about because of the stand rule or an actual intent on change or both.

I'd argue every team has 'adjusted' to the new rule or taken advantage of it, and we have as much as anyone, it allows us (and any opp team) to take advantage. It allows us to transition through defensive structure forward, however we're still the slowest in the comp at moving the ball and it looks we're still looking for absolute certainty of next possession with disposal.

So my guess is we're still not confident of 'taking the game on', sure at times there's been snippets of fast movement - only on the back of certain link up to the next possession when we've got space to transition with certainty.

What I'd like to see, considering this is definitely a development year, we're not contending this year - only a biblical roll the dice on game play AND an injury friendly year would see us remotely contend.

• Take the game on, take risk
  • That entails rolling the dice on offensive structure - leave the key forwards in the 50 as much as possible. This has improved as we are seeing Mason, Checkers and TheGoey being lead up forwards more often - need to see more of that.
  • By extension that entails more two way running with our mid 10 - 12 players - train em up to gain tank
  • Take advantage of Brody and Mason in the ruck. We definitely have a problem here and could be dominant if we fixed it, Brody smashes teams week in week out in hit outs, Mason aint bad either but that doesn't reflect in clearances. If we could dominate clearances, well it's pretty obvious how that would advantage us. Just look at Nic Nat. Seems Nathan isn't really concerned with using hit outs to advantage, that's a 7 million dollar mid that seemingly isn't concerned with winning a flag. That attitude is a bug bear of mine, sure I'm not alone.
In short move away from risk averse, make more use of our strengths - in particular hit outs and contested ball. More two way running from our players in between the arcs that allows more spread in defensive and offensive structure, instead the of whole 18 in the d half when play is in our d50

Aussie pie

All Australian
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
If you want to laugh and cringe press the back button in the threads and go back and read some of the posts back in 2001 when the club posts started. They are hilarious and extremely cringeworthy, good way to waste a few minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad