Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a laugh this morning thinking about my old economics teachers. I remember them talking about capitalism and the free market and the invisible hand of adam smith... he must have been the first superhero. Anyway, I was reading on the ABC that the world is short of microchips and JBhifi wont have the latest tvs. The reason.... Production of high end microchips is basically limited to taiwan (just as my old professors would say was so beneficial) and that has meant that countries like Australia is once again a beggar with cap in hand.... The main problem being is that it isnt raining in taiwan and it needs millions of litres of water to clean the chips during production.

So the invisible hand is basically making our life more and more precarious... I can see a time when people will be waiting on a morning coffee delivered from china.

reminds me of skylab. That was in the news for weeks when i was a little tacker. Fell in the middle of OZ. I was petrified at the time!

The difference here is that the crashing of skylab was fun and non-threatening. This rocket is from China. If it fell on you, it would be likely to hurt you.

i'm just pumping this thread up because i like it...

tay adams was impressive in his press conference this week. he has been a bit stiff in the past but he looked relaxed although he probably did a bit of prep for the de goey questions, but he still brushed them aside pretty well.

The obvious candidate as the next captain. He's done well for himself, and he continues to deliver after the retirement of heath shaw.

Anyone have any news on this ‘magpie button’ ? Just received a text from the club about buying one, but there’s stuff all info on what the thing actually does.

Anyone have any news on this ‘magpie button’ ? Just received a text from the club about buying one, but there’s stuff all info on what the thing actually does.

A 'magpie button'? When you press it, does it release an amiable amount of morphine?

A 'magpie button'? When you press it, does it release an amiable amount of morphine?

Club's version of a green whistle.

A few weeks back, the experts were saying that the 27,000 odd crowd that attended coll v gold coast was an indication of the lack of support amongst pie fans...

should be noted that richmond got 18,000 against another interstate team in GWS....... the experts will ignore that one.

rule number one... when you're creating a narrative about a team, only include the "facts" that support your narrative. Dont let truth get in the way.

The ol Damo in access my areas..... puts mitchell ahead of clarkson in the pecking order. How easy it is to become yesterdays news. Its a shame we dont get new people coming into the media a little more often. After all, it's a lot easier than coaching a premiership team

The ol Damo in access my areas..... puts mitchell ahead of clarkson in the pecking order. How easy it is to become yesterdays news. Its a shame we dont get new people coming into the media a little more often. After all, it's a lot easier than coaching a premiership team

Yesterday's success seems to lose its sheen pretty easily these days.

Potential, on the other hand, is sexy.

I received a free membership from Carlton about 3 or 4 weeks back. It seems they are asking existing members for names they can offer a free membership to. No wonder they now have about 30-40% more members than usual.

My mate is now dead to me....

Yesterday's success seems to lose its sheen pretty easily these days.

Potential, on the other hand, is sexy.

yesterday's success is yesterday's news....and doesnt get clicks ...although i have seen rupertnews run the same news item for months on end because it involves someone topical and its cheap to run old stories endlessly.

the thing that gets my skin to crawl is when the damo feigns concern for a coach's future... as he did in his latest "damo in arrears" videopodcast on afl. He gets his school master image going and like he did today, says that he has concerns about the future of david teague. my flesh crawls, i begin to vomit....all the usual stuff when you're watching him. Why watch him? I had a slow morning and I skipped through his program to see who this week's targets were.

The clarko thing is interesting. They havent had the guts to take him on so far, but it seems the media folk are getting brave and starting to question the capabilities of a coach who has been at the rebuild for 3 years and still hasnt made much progress.

evidently a big part of the problem is that clarko hasn't given a clear message that the club is undergoing a rebuild. If they did it tomorrow, hawthorn would on course for a premiership in a year or 2. It seems the main strategy for success is clear messaging to the media...just be open and honest to the media and success is guaranteed....at least in the damo bible.

Of course, the answer to the question, how good is clarko?....about as good as the people who have left the club over the last 3 years...

yesterday's success is yesterday's news....and doesnt get clicks ...although i have seen rupertnews run the same news item for months on end because it involves someone topical and its cheap to run old stories endlessly.

the thing that gets my skin to crawl is when the damo feigns concern for a coach's future... as he did in his latest "damo in arrears" videopodcast on afl. He gets his school master image going and like he did today, says that he has concerns about the future of david teague. my flesh crawls, i begin to vomit....all the usual stuff when you're watching him. Why watch him? I had a slow morning and I skipped through his program to see who this week's targets were.

The clarko thing is interesting. They havent had the guts to take him on so far, but it seems the media folk are getting brave and starting to question the capabilities of a coach who has been at the rebuild for 3 years and still hasnt made much progress.

evidently a big part of the problem is that clarko hasn't given a clear message that the club is undergoing a rebuild. If they did it tomorrow, hawthorn would on course for a premiership in a year or 2. It seems the main strategy for success is clear messaging to the media...just be open and honest to the media and success is guaranteed....at least in the damo bible.

Of course, the answer to the question, how good is clarko?....about as good as the people who have left the club over the last 3 years...

It surprises me that you or anyone else give 'Damo' much time. He's always struck me as a disingenuous parasite with little or anything to say.

I'd like to see more non-football players in the footy media, but unfortunately there aren't too many positive advertisements for it. Damo is one of the worst.

It surprises me that you or anyone else give 'Damo' much time. He's always struck me as a disingenuous parasite with little or anything to say.

I'd like to see more non-football players in the footy media, but unfortunately there aren't too many positive advertisements for it. Damo is one of the worst.

It's like all the media. You have to visit it to find out what is happening, who is getting targetted, etc etc. I dont think what he is saying is right but I recognise that he wields power with his status. I dont watch the show every week and i skim it. The same is true for robinson. I am watching less and less of that program...as we get more and more stage-managed robbo rants.

As a side issue, everything is up in arms about the jordy incident.... how our kiddies will be sticking their fingers where they should be.

Has anyone mentioned Dermott Brereton and his attitude to thuggery. He promotes it weekly....weekly.... and yet no one says a word about him and the effects he has on children watching fox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I received a free membership from Carlton about 3 or 4 weeks back. It seems they are asking existing members for names they can offer a free membership to. No wonder they now have about 30-40% more members than usual.

ben cousins got a 900 extra spectators down to his queens park game this past weekend. the club said food and drink sales skyrocketed.

expect to see ben pulling on hte boots for the blues next year...or even the mid season draft

I think they have. Jeff Kennett came out and told members that they were rebuilding for the next couple of years so not to expect anything.

I am shocked. Surely that is against the Geneva Convention? The Universal Declaration of Human Rights? Appalling.

I think they have. Jeff Kennett came out and told members that they were rebuilding for the next couple of years so not to expect anything.

well that explains the problem.... hawthorn should have rung damo and given him an exclusive and they would be back in the 8 before the end of the year

i have to post on this.... i just read on rupertnews that some russian kid supposedly trashed billions of dollars...flushed down the crapper.... its a bitcoin type of thing.

this bitcoin stuff is one hellluva joke. reminds me of taking a kid of mine to the subi markets years ago to buy basketball cards. evidently the company who printed them said that particular ones were worth $100s... and kid that i owned was a little gullible...as kids are. Anyway, we got to the market and there was this other kid running the stall and making a killing. smart kid. lesson to the story? well it would have been simple to say that the cards are now worth nothing, but thats not the case. evidently some of these cards are still worth big money. I have no idea why. maybe it's got something to do with that black artist guy who had some art work sold for $100m recently. The only lesson i can take out of all this crap is there's a lot of people with too much money. ok i'm over it now.

That's a good gag on the behalf of your mate.

Very typical Carlton, lol

I’m happy for anyone who no longer wants to be an Australian to renounce their citizenship, hand in their passport, and enjoy their life in whichever country they choose.
What I do not want is for them to retain Australian citizenship, and an Australian passport, because I know the day their new country turns to shite they will be back here in a flash.
”The grass is always greener.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back