Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're doing better than me, I haven't even tried :)

Some Russians got banned, the pool turned green, some American swimmers fabricated some dodgy mugging story, an Australian swimmer wears Clark Kent glasses, the Chinese got accused of Essendonesque behaviour, an Aussie javelin thrower dislocated her shoulder. That's it, that's everything I know about the Rio Olympics
Boo to you and Vicky Park, I enjoy watching just to see the effort against the bigger countries, USA, UK spend over $1.5 Billion on their athletes, plus who knows how much countries like China, Russia;):mad:, spend. (This doesn't include the huge sponsorship money that athletes may receive so that they can train full time).

Most of ours work full-time or part-time and I reckon we punch above our weight.

However our administrators need an overhaul as many mistakes are made by them, our qualifying championships too long possibly peaking too early before an event, how much training was done at the time the main events were being run (especially the swimming - midnight to suit American TV audience).

So yeah I am an Olympic junkie.

You're allowed to start an EPL thread if you like?
Let me know and this conversation can be moved there;)

I don't care that much but One thread for every topic is too much sometimes, I like it how it is instead of being super organised. It's chill how it is.

I don't care that much but One thread for every topic is too much sometimes, I like it how it is instead of being super organised. It's chill how it is.
That was my, (somewhat) silent protest about EPL being on our board!

I've stopped watching the Olympics. I'm very superficial, the worst kind of Olympic watcher. Really only interested in Aussies winning, and after that I get bored. Not interested in athletes doing their best - I want medals. Its not the school sports! You dont get encouragement awards or badges for trying hard. Yep, a despicable Olympic watcher.
I stopped watching decades ago when it became clear it was about anything but the athletes.
Kitty Chiller should quit too.
Total prude.

jumped out of bed..beauty basketball is on. fck me 14pts in a half.

flick channels and the bmx is on. 2 aussies in the final. neither lost a race to make the final. yep you guessed no medal.

then they show a replay of the 50k walk. aussie Tallent going great. 5k to go 20seconds in front. you guess it silver. (having said that I couldn't ride a bike 50k).

roy masters column an interesting read about the swimmers in rio. they appear a bunch of inflated ego flogs.

Sports Psychs at these games need a lot more criticism than they are getting. Terrible performances in the heat of battle - failure hasn't often been a talent issue at these games.

Boo to you and Vicky Park, I enjoy watching just to see the effort against the bigger countries, USA, UK spend over $1.5 Billion on their athletes, plus who knows how much countries like China, Russia;):mad:, spend. (This doesn't include the huge sponsorship money that athletes may receive so that they can train full time).

Most of ours work full-time or part-time and I reckon we punch above our weight.

However our administrators need an overhaul as many mistakes are made by them, our qualifying championships too long possibly peaking too early before an event, how much training was done at the time the main events were being run (especially the swimming - midnight to suit American TV audience).

I don't have television so it's difficult for me to follow.

Maybe I could follow it on the TV broadcaster's app (I dunno even who the broadcaster is?) but I rarely do that for anything these days because I long ago grew cynical about having to sit through endless ads to watch television programs that I don't enjoy. There are so many other choices that I enjoy more. Probably the only thing I've sought out on commercial TV this year was Lloyd's comments about Tradedraft.

A lot of folks obviously watch and enjoy commercial television and that's totally cool :thumbsu: Everybody has different tastes and that's what makes the world an interesting place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up in RedHill. Every man and even his dog are wearing puffer jackets. 80s poverty fashion striking back.
Polyester ones?
They melt well when you hit em' with a "Ten Shot".....

I hate the entire "ethic" of the "modern" Olympics, which will manifest itself in the next few days with headlines exactly like "we did not do as well as we should have"
That line alone, which I guarantee will come, belies the "punching above our weight" lie.
We are an enormously wealthy country which allows the vast majority of our Olympic athletes to be fully professional, have fantastic food quality and lifestyle which beats the best on the planet.
It's not really about how many people you have.
We have massive advantage on a huge number of countries.

I detest how Robbo conducts himself as a journalist and Chief Football Writer. To think that someone in that position will stoop to produce obvious click bait articles in favour of an accurate story saddens and frustrates me.

A while back, he as much as admitted that, claiming that if the clubs gave them more access to players, they could write good positive (truthful) stories instead of the misinformed hatchet jobs they call articles (I may have paraphrased a tad). But because they have to produce some form of footy content, they will run with an inaccurate story.

Last week he wrote a piece on Swan retiring. His source was a loose link to Wayne Carey and that players don't release books unless they are retiring (Pavlich?). That is pathetic "half cocked" journalism just to get a click and is reminiscent of Mark Twain's obituary. By all means when Swan announces his own retirement, write about it. Not before. Haven't seen a story about Swan retiring since.

He still hasn't apologized for the made up numbers drugs story. He still hasn't reported the results of the other clubs and he still hasn't produced one article that is wholly truthful, knowledgeable and accurate!

End rant.

^ How good is this bloke?! And Pogba is so impressive already, he's that strong, he just leans on opponents and wins the ball. We're not doing everything right, still looking ordinary at the back every now and then, but we have so much more threat going forward now. We paid a lot for Bailly, of course, but he looks a sensational prospect already, and I think we probably got a bargain at today's prices given his age. Looking forward to more goals in the second half!!

Yeah you blokes look pretty dangerous this year.
Just remember though, Mourinho isn't exactly remembered for gorgeous football, but who cares if you're winning?
Be interesting to see if there are complaints about playing style if things go a little pear shaped, like LvG (butthead) last season.

3 of my close mates follow Arsenal, so this transfer window has been hilarious to watch.

Lots of great managers in the EPL this year, should be exciting.

Bucks was asked a series of questions about Mick, his Coaching and Players on SEN last night by Mooney and Connolly.
Bucks answered everyone of their questions fully and honestly

This morning, the flog of all flogs, David King says "I have no idea why Bucks would put all that out there"

No matter what Bucks said last night he would be criticised by arseholes like King in one of two ways.
1. "Buckley will not give us anything and the supporters are entitled to know, poor form Bucks"
2. "I have no idea why Bucks would put all that out there"

We deserve better from our media, we will continue to treated like idiots as long as they keep serving up dumb ferks like David King

Yeah you blokes look pretty dangerous this year.
Just remember though, Mourinho isn't exactly remembered for gorgeous football, but who cares if you're winning?
Be interesting to see if there are complaints about playing style if things go a little pear shaped, like LvG (butthead) last season.

3 of my close mates follow Arsenal, so this transfer window has been hilarious to watch.

Lots of great managers in the EPL this year, should be exciting.

Q. Why don't arsenal sign any world class strikers?
A. Because world class strikers don't do trials.

(Referencing Arsene Wenger asking Zlatan to take a trial at Arsenal before he started his first game at AC Milan.)
"Zlatan Ibrahimovic doesn't do auditions"

Last edited:
Q. Why don't arsenal sign any world class strikers?
A. Because world class strikers don't do trials.

(Referencing Arsene Wenger asking Zlatan to take a trial at Arsenal before he started his first game at AC Milan.)
"Zlatan Ibrahimovic doesn't do trials"

AHAHA.

I love that quote.
Zlatan is a god, I don't care if he plays for United.
qMGsaQ2H4lsVa.gif

Please Wenger 10 more years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back