Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A well-timed and precisely placed hook in boxing is a tried and true method of switching someone's lights off. It's often a preferred target, given that the gloves are often blocking the face and jaw.

I do love boxing, but can't deny the damage it causes. The trauma of all those rounds in sparring and competition are real enough.
Don't forget the jawbone goes all the way to the temple so it's only natural that a good boxer can land a nice hook to the side of the face but it still connects to the jawbone. Avery simple way of telling how fragile the jaw is by knocking on your jaw at the same strength as a door knock and you can feel the vibration in the brain

Nice to see Cam Smith calling out the Storm players for their bad choice.........................of allowing themselves to be caught :rolleyes:

Speaking on SEN radio, Cameron Smith labelled the behaviour of the players “dumb” and “mind-boggling”.

“It’s just a poor choice,” he said.

“It’s dumb, it really is.

“I’d like to think these guys are a bit smarter than the way they’ve acted.

“To allow outsiders into a room and they’ve got phones out filming … it’s mind-boggling to see these guys make these poor choices.”

We don't get Maccas much, but just a word of warning.

Remove any card attached to your MyMaccas app if you use it.

I have just had someone utilise my account to purchase $94 worth of McDonalds in Endeavour Hills.
That's s**t!

As an aside, how on earth does someone drop nearly $100 on McDonalds?

Apropos of absolutely nothing, very pleased to see former player Tony Armstrong’s TV career going from strength to strength. If you’re an ABC watcher, he seems to be everywhere. Has a footy show on Foxtel too.

A limited footballer, but still managed 35 games at three clubs. And famously played two games in one day for us in 2014. A VFL game in Geelong in the day and then onto the MCG where he was an emergency for the seniors. Then Pendles got injured and he was made the sub and minutes into the game - you guessed it - Ben Reid got a hammy and Tony had to play. Amazing effort.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, very pleased to see former player Tony Armstrong’s TV career going from strength to strength. If you’re an ABC watcher, he seems to be everywhere. Has a footy show on Foxtel too.

A limited footballer, but still managed 35 games at three clubs. And famously played two games in one day for us in 2014. A VFL game in Geelong in the day and then onto the MCG where he was an emergency for the seniors. Then Pendles got injured and he was made the sub and minutes into the game - you guessed it - Ben Reid got a hammy and Tony had to play. Amazing effort.

I have a couple of female friends who aren't at all into footy, one of them didn't know Tony had been a player, and they think he's the best thing to happen to the ABC in a long time. Quite charmed by him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a couple of female friends who aren't at all into footy, one of them didn't know Tony had been a player, and they think he's the best thing to happen to the ABC in a long time. Quite charmed by him.
Tony certainly featured prominently on the day of the earthquake when I gather he was in the studio for sport's reports but because he sat through the quake, he was part of the panel for some hours after. He has carved out quite as niche for himself on the ABC.

i just had a short listen to a michael gleeson podcast for more details about the pick swap....and the guy is unlistenable.... isnt he an old hand in the business? It was hard to understand him because of the ums and arhhs and the general choppy speak that he delivered. For godsake give it up man! and pass on the batten to someone who can speak english...

i just had a short listen to a michael gleeson podcast for more details about the pick swap....and the guy is unlistenable.... isnt he an old hand in the business? It was hard to understand him because of the ums and arhhs and the general choppy speak that he delivered. For godsake give it up man! and pass on the batten to someone who can speak english...
Wasn't he basically a print sports' reporter for the Age. He might never have anticipated having to actually flap his lips about to communicate.

Wasn't he basically a print sports' reporter for the Age. He might never have anticipated having to actually flap his lips about to communicate.

yes i think its the same guy....he should recognise his limitations. At least robinson can communicate when he rants. This guy is just terrible

"Richard Pusey needs help for PTSD he suffered while filming and mocking dying police officers in the aftermath of the Eastern Freeway crash, his barrister says."
I'm not sure how to put this politely, but %#@& him!

"Richard Pusey needs help for PTSD he suffered while filming and mocking dying police officers in the aftermath of the Eastern Freeway crash, his barrister says."
I'm not sure how to put this politely, but %#@& him!
If by help his lawyer means he needs somebody to run him over in turn, then I agree wholeheartedly

I know more recently i have seen posts about how much some of us would love to get Luke Hodge to the club. Might have to keep hoping because hes sold his home in Glen Iris and staying in Brisbane. If anyone has a lazy $3mil laying around feel free to take a look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back