Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the youngstas out there who continually go on about how advanced the NBA is for the various ways it does stuff, should look at the kevin durant situation. I dont know anything about the sport, but his demands appear to me to be a reflection of a sport where a player has too much power and private ownership just encourages self-interest.

For better or for worse, the red thumbs down emoji is longer available on our board.
Whilst some will feel it limits their ability to interact with others.
Others will be pleased to be rid of it.
For those that wish to use it, the good news is it is still available on other boards/forums (can’t guarantee all).

FYI Gone Critical jathanas Jen2310 Maggie5

Not exactly my type of music but we’ve now lost three female pioneers of Australian music who all had success overseas in an era where achieving overseas success was very very difficult and rare.

Helen Reddy and Judith Durham the other two. Absolute icons in their fields.

For better or for worse, the red thumbs down emoji is longer available on our board.
For those that wish to use it, the good news is it is still available on other boards/forums (can’t guarantee all).

you gotta laugh at the whole concept of emojis. Hilarious. To be offended by them seems to be an indication that some therapy is required. I've cut and pasted and saved every red emoji that i've received over the years ....well not really but the thought tickles me

Poor decision by this boards mods, with no significant feedback from the majority of posters as to whether they want to keep the function or not.
As someone who has over the journey, been sucked in to back and forths and contributed to derailing threads, the thumbs down emoji was a useful tool to express disagreement without getting in to a s**t fight. Feels very much like a selfish decision made by a couple of mods who’ve publicly expressed their personal dislike for the button rather than a decision of what’s good for the board as a whole.

Poor decision by this boards mods, with no significant feedback from the majority of posters as to whether they want to keep the function or not.
As someone who has over the journey, been sucked in to back and forths and contributed to derailing threads, the thumbs down emoji was a useful tool to express disagreement without getting in to a s**t fight. Feels very much like a selfish decision made by a couple of mods who’ve publicly expressed their personal dislike for the button rather than a decision of what’s good for the board as a whole.
The most effected will be TD who wielded it like a musketeer did his rapier. I even began to collect them via solicitation. Strictly speaking, they were actually white thumbs set in a red box. Sometimes when skimming posts they acted as markers for posts potentially worth a look. RIP.

The most effected will be TD who wielded it like a musketeer did his rapier. I even began to collect them via solicitation. Strictly speaking, they were actually white thumbs set in a red box. Sometimes when skimming posts they acted as markers for posts potentially worth a look. RIP.
Vite or red, zere vil be no more zumbs on zis board!

Question about our song, do the players actually say cor blimey? This article says today's players have morphed it into something else. The Collingwood club song

Good Old Collingwood forever,
They know how to play the game.

Side by side they stick together,
To uphold the Magpies name.

Cor blimey

See, the barrackers are shouting,
As all barrackers should.

For the Premiership’s a cakewalk
For the good old Collingwood.

i'm irate as well. Isnt there something in our bill of rights that guarantees freedom of speech? Didnt we fight in the trenches of gallipoli to be able to put an emoji where we want to put it. I've told family and friends of this decision and they are shocked that there isnt some form of appeals mechanism.

This is the only reason I use it. Unfortunately this’ll ratchet up the snark so fun times ahead.
He Man Edition GIF

👎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont believe it! hmmm lets test

Dear jathanas

Two things we need to see more.

pineapple on pizza

lettuce in greek salad

Two things we need to see less

People with inadequate calves

ponies

i dont believe it! hmmm lets test

Dear jathanas

Two things we need to see more.

pineapple on pizza

lettuce in greek salad

Two things we need to see less

People with inadequate calves

ponies

s-l500.jpg

I think you might be underestimating how many good options you have in responding effectively to any view you disagree with and overestimating the usefulness of the thumbs down emoji as one of them.

Responding to a post with :thumbsdown:, especially a well considered post, is at best lazy at worst rude. This was also getting abused by certain posters who used it to target posters they had a vendetta against. It does little to lift the level of discourse.

Going forward, if one disagrees with an opinion they can make the effort to explain why and preferably without snark.

Looking at other social media apps e.g. Facebook and Instagram, neither have a :thumbsdown: as an option in responding to a post.

FWIW this was a unanimous decision by the Cwood board mods.

Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5 Jen2310

I think you might be underestimating how many good options you have in responding effectively to any view you disagree with and overestimating the usefulness of the thumbs down emoji as one of them.

Responding to a post with :thumbsdown:, especially a well considered post, is at best lazy at worst rude. This was also getting abused by certain posters who used it to target posters they had a vendetta against. It does little to lift the level of discourse.

Going forward, if one disagrees with an opinion they can make the effort to explain why and preferably without snark.

Looking at other social media apps e.g. Facebook and Instagram, neither have a :thumbsdown: as an option in responding to a post.

That’s kind of Apex’s point.

For instance a long time poster within the trade thread, a veritable cesspool of opinions come trade time, posts a ridiculous trade “idea” with no thought to it knowing full well it won’t happen. Without the dislike function three posters jump on it with “this is stupid” “not going to happen” “WTF?” are we really suggesting that’s better than a “👎”? To me that can get real nasty really quickly.

Considering the function remains available perhaps a more nuanced and targeted approach would benefit the community to a greater degree… There’s clearly abusers of that function so revoke their access? Or limit it to certain types of thread tags?

Last edited:

You’re completely contradicting yourself here. On one hand you’re saying use a thumbs down emoji, and on the other hand trashing the thumbs down button as lazy and rude, when it’s literally the same thing, but with the benefit of not clogging up the thread with extra posts and giving incentive for posters to respond to what amounts to in your words, a lazy and rude response. I’m fully expecting this to create more work for your collective, so congrats on that I guess.

All hail the Collingwood board overlords, who have determined that we are not worthy of the same buttons as the rest of Big Footy.

Engaging in personal abuse used to be my favorite option. But it seems like that's gone too.

You’re completely contradicting yourself here. On one hand you’re saying use a thumbs down emoji, and on the other hand trashing the thumbs down button as lazy and rude, when it’s literally the same thing, but with the benefit of not clogging up the thread with extra posts and giving incentive for posters to respond to what amounts to in your words, a lazy and rude response. I’m fully expecting this to create more work for your collective, so congrats on that I guess.

All hail the Collingwood board overlords, who have determined that we are not worthy of the same buttons as the rest of Big Footy.

Thank you for your response Apex.

Can you please help me see where I am suggesting the use of the thumbs down emoji? If I have it is in error and I'd like your help to identify where I made it.

We didn't determine that the board is not worthy of the :thumbsdown:, quite the contrary we decided to take the position that we are above it.

Adam Levine Thumbs Down GIF by The Voice

I can’t give thumbs down emojis as I use Tapatalk. Until now I have also been blissfully unaware, that I was probably getting bombarded with thumbs down replies to my posts. Can confirm that the board is still worth persisting with, regardless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back