Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't see the threat to a sport's integrity when umps give out protected info, then I can't help you.

You were trying to make some b/s nexus between the AFL and the protection of betting markets. That's not what it's about. But feel free to explore it.
It is also about the betting market. It's only a police matter because there is spot betting on it - otherwise it's just another insignificant AFL leak. If all AFL leaks were scandals, we'd be swimming in them.

It's about the potential for dodgy officials to wreck the game. Let's leave it there.
Yes. And obviously the umpire should cop a whack and obviously the AFL's promotion of gambling on the AFL also increases the amount of gambling on the AFL and thus the risks. Therefore people will continue to make snide remarks about the AFL continuing to promote gambling on the game.

Yes. And obviously the umpire should cop a whack and obviously the AFL's promotion of gambling on the AFL also increases the amount of gambling on the AFL and thus the risks. Therefore people will continue to make snide remarks about the AFL continuing to promote gambling on the game.
Likely the same characters who make snide comments about the AFL being "corrupt", "coming to pre-ordained investigation findings", "rigging tribunal decisions", etc etc.

Likely the same characters who make snide comments about the AFL being "corrupt", "coming to pre-ordained investigation findings", "rigging tribunal decisions", etc etc.
I don't see the link.

One's a known promotion of betting on the AFL - that obviously increases risk - and results in snide remarks appearing regularly in major press outlets. The other is jonbe's conspiracy theories.

Those trying to draw connections seem likely the same characters who are overly protective and defensive regarding AFL criticism.

I don't see the link.

One's a known promotion of betting on the AFL - that obviously increases risk - and results in snide remarks appearing regularly in major press outlets. The other is jonbe's conspiracy theories.

Trying to draw connections seem likely to be the domain of those who are ridiculously protective regarding AFL criticism.
Sure thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not everyone looks better in B&W.

GAJ looks like someone's put Pies jumper on one of those freak hairless cats.

316121715_573852214741739_2177114422802227460_n.jpg

I am unhappy about World Vision being splashed in orange around the fringes of my page. It is not a charity I like. Thankfully the borders have vanished and taken World Vision with them. Hopefully this is last time they'll be seen in here.

I prefer the call to arms in Ukraine ad. I never did to fight in a war. Why not start as a mercenary in someone else's?

if we were going to stop advertising because of incompetent executives in corporations, we may as well ban advertising. Is there anyone in public life, corporate or government, that is competent?
Fair point, however Gladys should be in prison.
Orange, the former name of Optus stole a couple of thousands of dollars from my daughter on a " fixed price contract" for her first ever phone back in the early "noughties".
I took them to court and won at fair expense ( more than the debt) but also told their then Australian CEO he was a criminal piece of s**t in court.
Nothing has changed.
Optus changed their name nothing more.
You may think it is meaningless.
I will never endorse a mob of criminals who then go on to employ more criminals.
Optus are shitstains and Gladys is a criminal who should be in prison pure and simple.

We are continually ****ed over by these campaigners because of your type of attitude.

* them. Put them in prison.

Fair point, however Gladys should be in prison.
Orange, the former name of Optus stole a couple of thousands of dollars from my daughter on a " fixed price contract" for her first ever phone back in the early "noughties".
I took them to court and won at fair expense ( more than the debt) but also told their then Australian CEO he was a criminal piece of s**t in court.
Nothing has changed.
Optus changed their name nothing more.
You may think it is meaningless.
I will never endorse a mob of criminals who then go on to employ more criminals.
Optus are shitstains and Gladys is a criminal who should be in prison pure and simple.

We are continually ****ed over by these campaigners because of your type of attitude.

* them. Put them in prison.

Gee because my attitude? I need to improve myself eh... I'll get right on it

To all of those who want to change things about football to make it more presentable or more entertaining or for whatever reason, they should have a look at cricket. I see that T10s are now being played. I watched a game for 5 mins on Kayo between 8? invented teams filled by money hungry players, playing a game that no one really gives a crap about. Cricket now plays every day of the year but there's only a handful of days where its anything more than a scramble for broadcast rights money. The AFLW is already getting bigger attendances than sheffield shield cricket and except for games against the pommes and indians, test cricket is heading that way too. The 50 over game is just about to be phased out to get more 20 over games in, and I think 10 over games will be the future. I can see a day when games will start and end with the captain's toss.....as if anyone could give a toss.. Going chasing money or changing the game and this is where you'll end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back