Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
That was absolutely amazing.
4 last quarter goals. 3 of them pressure goals. That last one, he never had a semblance of control of the ball. Probably the best, most influential, quarter of footy by any player in a final.
Magnificent.

I remember being so disappointed when he left, totally gutted. I had an old footy record with his signature on it and buried it in the back yard then dug it up again because I loved that footy record so I put a post it note over his signature.

I actually think that naming him would harm him rather than help him. Either way, I very much doubt that they can find 12 jurors that are not aware of allegations and news stories and they would be instructed/asked whether they can deliver a verdict based on the evidence.

I would have thought that suppression orders would be more to protect minors, witnesses etc. Also in some instances the accused before and during trial not after decision has been reached.

Firstly, what I think we all have failed to recognise is what a remarkable job the DPP have done in securing this initial conviction. Bear in mind that roughly 1 in 20 sexual abuse cases result in conviction.

Minors/children are already prevented from being identified in the Victorian Court System. As are victims of sexual assault and it's likely that their witness testimony will play a large role. Other witnesses in criminal trials considered to be in high risk of danger are protected by VicPol.

Splitting the charges into two trials is a defense strategy that limits the cumulative, damaging effect that charge on top of charge can have on a jury. The suppression order requested by the DPP gives the prosecution the best chance of securing a second conviction and avoiding a mistrial, limiting court of appeal reasons etc.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Get ready for a rant!

It infuriates me that it's the institution itself that is broken, corrupted and morally bankrupt to its very core. Irredeemably so. And yet because it makes baseless claims to moral authority (claims that if I made tomorrow with the same amount of evidence would get me committed), otherwise good people will find excuses for it. Make it about individuals. Deflect. Minimise.

And I say that as someone who grew up pretty deeply enmeshed in the Catholic Church.

You only have to listen to their words, to read the reports that CONTINUE to surface about very recent and ongoing abuses and subsequent cover ups to know that it's an irretrievably monstrous machine.

Example: The Pennsylvania Grand Jury report found evidence of abuses of over 1,000 children by 300 priests.

In ONE state.

Let that sink in.

Think about those kids.

It's ******.
Organised religious institutions are nothing more than Cults

upload_2018-12-15_9-3-33.jpeg

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
captains161218.jpg

Baaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa...

AFLX is right up there with the worst things the AFL has ever done.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see the AFL becoming another comic book franchise.

I look forward to hearing what each teams super power is.
Perfect for Marvel Stadium

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
captains161218.jpg

Baaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa...

AFLX is right up there with the worst things the AFL has ever done.
And to think this monstrosity Hawthorn gave us would never be out done.....

Hmmm this AFLX is in contention

403028CF-BFC4-49EA-A48A-D969E4329686.jpeg

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like the copied port power logo for team danger ..

Maybe KB is onto something

Also, from Eddie Betts who I think is a champion player (hahah Blues for letting him go!)

Captaining a team of the best indigenous men's talent in the country is such an honour for me, especially when it falls at the end of our AFL Indigenous All Stars Summit giving us the opportunity to play all together

Good for Betts to be captain... but its clearly racist. Swap Indigenous to Caucasian and imagine the chaos.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see the AFL becoming another comic book franchise.

I look forward to hearing what each teams super power is.
Carlton’s superpower is using wooden spoons.

No team can stir a pasta sauce faster.

Looks like the copied port power logo for team danger ..

Maybe KB is onto something

Also, from Eddie Betts who I think is a champion player (hahah Blues for letting him go!)

Captaining a team of the best indigenous men's talent in the country is such an honour for me, especially when it falls at the end of our AFL Indigenous All Stars Summit giving us the opportunity to play all together

Good for Betts to be captain... but its clearly racist. Swap Indigenous to Caucasian and imagine the chaos.
An indigenous team makes me wonder how legit the "draft" is. What happens if the other 3 captains pick the indigenous players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back