Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was our captain's 31st birthday yesterday. It looks like the club forgot all about it, since there's no mention of it on the Pies' website, Twitter or Facebook pages! Hope they finally notice and at least say something in the next day or so!!

No. He shall remain 30 forever and play in 10 premierships. Never speak of this again...

Does anyone know what happened to Collingwood selling VFL merch? Was really hoping to get my hands on the jumpers they wore this year but it doesn't appear to be selling them :(

Anyone know where I can get my hands on them? Surely there's some out back @ the Holden Center?

I've got to say, I'm not enjoying this new theme for BF on my phone. I like to see the number of pages per thread when I'm on the board, the alerts of "do you want to like this" are annoying. I'm sure some of this can be configured, but geez I can't be stuffed.

Who’s going to rack up 30 ineffectual possies a game for the Hawks this year?
Who in the whole competition will step up and impress the scumpires with said ineffectual possies?
Makes the whole season very interesting.
To be fair it’s more like 30 a half, against us.

I'm a born and bred Pies man who now has a beautiful little girl... 10 months on and to help put her to sleep, I've started singing the Carlton theme song to her because it is the slowest, dullest, most uninspiring song I know. Works like a charm. 100% success rate. But my partner thinks I'm subliminally turning my daughter into a Carlton supporter. The thought horrifies me, so any advice on avoiding that tragic outcome and still ensuring a sound sleep would be most welcome.

Regards 😊

I'm a born and bred Pies man who now has a beautiful little girl... 10 months on and to help put her to sleep, I've started singing the Carlton theme song to her because it is the slowest, dullest, most uninspiring song I know. Works like a charm. 100% success rate. But my partner thinks I'm subliminally turning my daughter into a Carlton supporter. The thought horrifies me, so any advice on avoiding that tragic outcome and still ensuring a sound sleep would be most welcome.

Regards 😊
The Collingwood theme song;
It’s not really that bad but could be a sleep inducer as well....
:think::moustache:

The Collingwood theme song;
It’s not really that bad but could be a sleep inducer as well....
:think::moustache:

Advance Australia fair. There is a reason nobody sings the secong verse. You would fall asleep involuntarily in the first stanza.

Advance Australia fair. There is a reason nobody sings the secong verse. You would fall asleep involuntarily in the first stanza.
I reckon whatever national anthem we had, we’d find it pretty dull.
It’s in our natures.

Only sounds good when winnng gold at an olympics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon whatever national anthem we had, we’d find it pretty dull.
It’s in our natures.

Only sounds good when winnng gold at an olympics.

I do think girt is an underappreciated word and should be used in general conversation at every opportunity.

I do think girt is an underappreciated word and should be used in general conversation at every opportunity.
Eg: the stable was girt with carrots...
Not all Of them orange.

Eg: the stable was girt with carrots...
Not all Of them orange.

"This is the police! We have you girt! Drop your weapons and come out with your hooves up! Any attempt at pony atrocities and we will shoot!"

Regards 😊

I don’t want to damage the child, but you could show her images of Stephen Kernahan and John Elliott, as a means of ensuring not the slightest attachment to Carlton.

Then again, at night, it could cause nightmares.

I don’t want to damage the child, but you could show her images of Stephen Kernahan and John Elliott, as a means of ensuring not the slightest attachment to Carlton.

They mostly come out at night.

Mostly.

Like ponies.

"This is the police! We have you girt! Drop your weapons and come out with your hooves up! Any attempt at pony atrocities and we will shoot!"
We will shoot; they shoot those Mounties.

Mounties would girt and shoot.

Cruelty.

Children have come out of the Dickens world, not good to bring them back there.

I appreciate the thought, but I couldn't, in good conscience, subject my daughter to such horror. I'm pretty certain it contravenes a Geneva Convention somewhere...

This worked. Although, I nearly lost her when I reached the 'girt by sea' line and started chuckling.
The great irony about the blandish word “girt” is it actually is a proper description of being surrounded.

Just sounds so bland and mawkish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back