Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great pic Saintly Viewed ,
What race would this be ? 1974 Melbourne Cup?
Correct weight.

It’s Think Big defeating Leilani in that Melbourne Cup.

Think Big made a withering run that day, like a speedy two year old.
At the end of two miles. It’s blistering.
Doesn’t get enough credit.

Correct weight.

Awesome i have just started reading a book re Cummings,
The Master: A Personal Portrait of Bart Cummings

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Awesome i have just started reading a book re Cummings,
The Master: A Personal Portrait of Bart Cummings
Les Carlyon is a master writer, wordsmith.

He could make cabinet papers interesting.

Good book.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct weight.

He thought big and acted accordingly.

You had me watching Light Fingers win the 1965 Melbourne Cup on youtube. I had her in the year 7 sweep and she came up from behind to snatch victory. A Bart Cummings/ Roy Higgins double. Rewatching the race, I was carried back to the classroom listening it.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He thought big and acted accordingly.

You had me watching Light Fingers win the 1965 Melbourne Cup on youtube. I had her in the year 7 sweep and she came up from behind to snatch victory. A Bart Cummings/ Roy Higgins double. Rewatching the race, I was carried back to the classroom listening it.
A remarkable win too.
She was little in size mega big of heart.
Super horse.
Next year she can second to her stablemate, the incomparable Galilee.

I’ve seen her racing silks recently (year ago) and the blue spots have faded to a more purplish colour now.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
RIP

King Kong Bundy

Christopher Pallies (real name)

I want a five count.
The Bundy surname in Married with Children was taken from the wrestler.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The incomparable Les Carlyon died.

Words will not be as sweet on a page...

Great writer, great observer, great wordsmith.

Loved racing too, didn’t bet at all.

RIP

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Strewth - talk about mangling the language.....

1551820225851.png

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
could do gazpacho - but even so.... - too many coaches spoil the broth... (and the language)
Delicious

Or Vichyssoise

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It must be said:

• When will our jumpers revert to having on the whole, black numbers on white background?

Drives me to drink.
It’s harder to see especially when opponents have similar outfits from the back where the numbers are.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone flying 737 Max 8?
Be afraid, be very afraid.
There is something happening with the software on this plane.
Though I think eventually it will be attributed to “pilot error”. No doubt because Boeing have changed the 737 Max from what 737 pilots expect it’s software to do.
But it’s easier to scapegoat dead pilots over a multi billion dollar company.

Unbelievable...

A Malaysia-bound plane had to turn back to Saudi Arabia after a passenger realised she had left her baby in the terminal.

The pilot, en route to Kuala Lumpur, made the unusual request to return to the airport in Jeddah shortly after takeoff when the passenger told cabin crew she had forgotten her child.

“This flight is requesting to come back,” he tells another colleague. “A passenger forgot her baby in the waiting area, the poor thing.”

The pilot can be heard repeating to the air traffic operator: “I told you, a passenger has left her baby in the terminal and she is refusing to continue the flight.”

After a brief pause, the flight was given permission to return to the hub. “OK, head back to the gate,” the air traffic controllers said. “This is totally a new one for us.”

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unbelievable...

A Malaysia-bound plane had to turn back to Saudi Arabia after a passenger realised she had left her baby in the terminal.

The pilot, en route to Kuala Lumpur, made the unusual request to return to the airport in Jeddah shortly after takeoff when the passenger told cabin crew she had forgotten her child.

“This flight is requesting to come back,” he tells another colleague. “A passenger forgot her baby in the waiting area, the poor thing.”

The pilot can be heard repeating to the air traffic operator: “I told you, a passenger has left her baby in the terminal and she is refusing to continue the flight.”

After a brief pause, the flight was given permission to return to the hub. “OK, head back to the gate,” the air traffic controllers said. “This is totally a new one for us.”
Happens

154D4732-FF77-47FE-B144-3331EE7B0C22.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back