Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oi, you lot - no spoilers, quit the GoT talk. Some of us having watched yet.
Fair enough..

Care! Only next week left so if you don’t know by then and you’re not caught up, avoid the internet like a belligerent unsullied.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it was you Maggie5 saying Bob Murphy is not any good.

Heard a bit of him this morning, he’s dreadful and insufferable.

(They were talking about golf carts and a request for one in tournament play - Bob didn’t know walking was integral to a professional game. It’s one thing not to know something, but his tone and condescension was A class.
Parading his ignorance as a virtue is not a good look.)

Great call Maggie, you alerted us a few years ago.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ablett gets suspended the week before and this time for doing the exact same thing he is cleared. I would have thought Geelong would need to challenge it again at the very least.

Consistency is not something the MRP is known for.

It actually is. I'll leave it there.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think Durdin intended to clash heads with Rohan.

It's a pretty circular argument and not going anywhere if you wont accept

1. Durdin made head high contact,
2. Durdin had alternatives, and
3. it was an off the footy incident so not open to the same interpretation as the Jones and Ebert incidents.

I'll leave it there.

Bad news for subscribers...

All of Australia’s sporting codes - including the AFL and NRL - could be impacted as pay TV provider Foxtel reins in spending on "non-marquee" sports, in a sign the era of record rights deals may be ending.

In the market update, News Corp also flagged further price rises for Foxtel. The media giant was forced to disclose the financial details to shareholders after they were provided to potential lenders as it seeks refinancing for Foxtel debt totalling $US1.68 billion.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

All of Australia’s sporting codes - including the AFL and NRL - could be impacted as pay TV provider Foxtel reins in spending on "non-marquee" sports, in a sign the era of record rights deals may be ending.

In the market update, News Corp also flagged further price rises for Foxtel. The media giant was forced to disclose the financial details to shareholders after they were provided to potential lenders as it seeks refinancing for Foxtel debt totalling $US1.68 billion.
is it bad news or good news? we might get those sports back on free to air as the rights may be cheaper
If by Foxtel they also mean increases in price for KAYO sports i will get rid of that too after football season

is it bad news or good news? we might get those sports back on free to air as the rights may be cheaper
If by Foxtel they also mean increases in price for KAYO sports i will get rid of that too after football season
Not so sure of free to air. 7 Have AFL or sort of cricket, would they go further? 9 are cash strapped. 10? They really need a sport but now owned by CBS.

Only hope is SBS as ABC funding has been cut over the years.

I don't have Fox or Kayo as think it is too expensive as only interested in AFL (go to most games anyway) and racing I watch via TAB on line.

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
a good Robbo 'at the bar' video doing the rounds on Twitter. He must be glad there was no phone cameras when he was creating havoc in the Northern Footy League at after matches.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
a good Robbo 'at the bar' video doing the rounds on Twitter. He must be glad there was no phone cameras when he was creating havoc in the Northern Footy League at after matches.
A video of him sober?

I’m Calling fake news.

Yes I saw that; Foxtel is bleeding money but they can't raise prices in a market that already considers them overpriced.

I believe that AFL is definitely a "marquee sport" in Australia, but the amount they paid for the rights is not sustainable long term. The next media rights will be interesting.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
By the way, how did Liverpool go in the EPL?

Did they win the EPL title?

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
What actually is this thread about?
1557901046717.gif

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
By the way, how did Liverpool go in the EPL?

Did they win the EPL title?

I have a riding crop ready for you Saintly. Just one more ******* word...one more ******* word...

:p

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have a riding crop ready for you Saintly. Just one more ******* word...one more ******* word...

:p

My great love for a riding crop.

I’ll make you make do on your threats.

I’m giddy with excitement

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
My great love for a riding crop.

I’ll make you make do on your threats.

I’m giddy with excitement

I am preparing the cross ties as we speak.

I just need to get them off Josh first.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...-diagnosis-ends-solitary-confinement/11117530

Why can’t he return to solitary confinement?
This pig doesn’t deserve to die in a comfortable bed, with pain relieving drugs.
Let him suffer. Just like his victims did.

He will be spending the remainder of his days in a prison hospital it looks like, hence not returning to solitary.

Much as he is human garbage, even human garbage is still human and there are minimum standards to be maintained. One of those is not to deny necessary medical care.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't see much good about it to be honest. Thought it was pretty pathetic all round but especially from whoever was hiding behind the camera calling him a slob then posting Robbo's reaction straight to twitter. It's an issue that plenty of drunks see AFL figures as open targets for abuse whenever they are in a public space.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wishing Tom Boyd well.
Especially to be in a healthy space.

Did gain the ultimate in a premiership.

Yes I saw that; Foxtel is bleeding money but they can't raise prices in a market that already considers them overpriced.

I believe that AFL is definitely a "marquee sport" in Australia, but the amount they paid for the rights is not sustainable long term. The next media rights will be interesting.
Get ready for Amazon to be a big player.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Get ready for Amazon to be a big player.

Amazon Prime? Yes, I'd be surprised if they'r not a player for if not the next rights deal, the one after. TV stations are 20th century enterprise that mostly have not adapted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back