Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The one night when political bias is allowed. No self drive, strictly taxis or Uber or designated driver. Lots of fun. Just as well we play in the day time.

Have been having/going to election night parties for years.

View attachment 674976

Dons Party!

You have to be a certain vintage to understand the reference.

The one night when political bias is allowed. No self drive, strictly taxis or Uber or designated driver. Lots of fun. Just as well we play in the day time.

Have been having/going to election night parties for years.

View attachment 674976
I love election night, although am worried the Libs will get up.

I’m struggling to actually pick 6 boxes to tick on the senate ticket.
In the old days I used to number every box below the line. But those days are gone because not many below the line deserve a vote. Hell they barely deserve a voice in our democracy.
I to worry that the scare campaign will deliver Mr Coal another term.
Oh, and I’m particularly worried that, due to the record pre poll voting, Antony Green won’t be able to call a result.
Be devo if that happens.

Coalition victory isn't a far-fetched prospect. But always remember, alcohol will be an appropriate response to any eventuality.

Bob Hawke died.

Great Australian.

Vale Bob. Australia should skip work tomorrow in his honour, and any employer taking issue could rightly be called a 'bum'.

Edit: I feel the need to add some random thoughts, because the shiraz is doing its job, because I'm feeling a bit emotional about the passing of Hawke. He was the figure of power throughout my childhood, and I loved him then, but I truly appreciated what he was as I got older, as I saw the parade of mean-spirited mediocrities who have come after him.

Leaders lead, or at least they used to, and Hawke was a shining example of leadership in our country. Keating can reasonably argue that his intellect and political drive gave us the economic reforms of the 1980s, but that would have been for nought if it wasn't for the ability of Hawke to sell the vision to Labor and to the nation. He had the political capital, and he spent it more wisely than most politicians ever have.

And he was a fun guy, who didn't need to don a baseball cap and utter complete **** in order to convince people that he was a fun guy. He will be missed in a way that few politicians will ever be missed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current crop of politicians could have learnt so much from Hawke (and the libs can learn from Howard).

The country just feels better about itself when a true leader is at the helm; someone with a vision that is willing to take ownership and responsibility. Hawke and Keating were the last great Labor leaders at federal level IMO.

R.I.P Mr Hawke, you were as good as they come.

Interesting possible match ups on Saturday

Ben Reid v Nathan Brown

Jon Marsh returning to play us.

Only Tony Abbott could turn a grieving process into a political point scoring exercise.
Grub of the highest order.
Hopefully some of the love for Bob rubs off on Shorten. Could be enough to get him over the line

Hopefully some of the love for Bob rubs off on Shorten. Could be enough to get him over the line
Would like to see Labor announce that they will not campaign tomorrow.
Out of respect.
Wouldn’t make a difference in my mind as people are already set.
Just let the Coalition run around trying to make cheap points on a day of mourning for the Australian public.
You know they couldn’t resist.

Would like to see Labor announce that they will not campaign tomorrow.
Out of respect.
Wouldn’t make a difference in my mind as people are already set.
Just let the Coalition run around trying to make cheap points on a day of mourning for the Australian public.
You know they couldn’t resist.
Either way, this is going to help the cause. Bob would be very pleased that his death may play a part in a labor victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back