Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i wonder if the gum in the old footy card packs would be edible today...

I heard they're collected by NASA and used as tiles on the outside of the shuttle. It was pieces of gum from a Jeff Sarau pack that failed the last time the shuttle exploded.

there Is a thread for the late Allan McAlister.

I just watched Jordan Roughead's interview after the game. Textbook response to all questions. Couldn't be faulted. I got absolutely no information from the interview. No insights. Nothing. He gave praise to the Freo players and didnt say a word against any Pie in particular. Great work Roughie!

Didn't want to derail the Beams thread...

He’s a good man is Nathan.
Which is why I don't have anything good to say about MM. (Can't even type his name in full).

The great question overall was, did Mick’s good points out weight his lesser points?
No

Yes they are (selective) quotes from his interview.

The great question overall was, did Mick’s good points out weight his lesser points?

No they do not.

His treatment of Bucks and our Club will never be forgotten by me...….....Premiership in 2010 or not.

Mick is the opposite of side by side. His tenure had and has consequences for our culture that are only just being sorted. Will always be a problematic figure in our history.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-malthouse-views-me-as-an-enemy-20190605-p51ur8.html

I'm surprised that Bucks was willing to be this candid about that period and his relationship with MM:

"Buckley added that he’d been left by Malthouse as “one of the bodies on the side of the road” but suggested that he understood the VFL/AFL coaching games record holder’s mindset."

^ Pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

I'm sure MM has his version of events but everything is still too raw for me to feel joy about this Hall of Famer.

Let the games begin...…………..

Malthouse: Buckley criticism 'so disappointing'
95ee7411ea4c69ccff869bd71e17bfa0

Ben Broad
GLENN McFARLANE reports…

Coaching great Mick Malthouse says he is astounded by Nathan Buckley's criticism of him on the morning after he was inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

Buckley said on SEN today he accepts Malthouse views him as "an enemy" and conceded he has no relationship with the man who he replaced as coach.

A candid Buckley accused Malthouse of attempting to rewrite history and conceded he had been left as “one of the bodies on the side of the road” when asked about his relationship with his former coach.

He also described Malthouse as having "rat cunning" and described him as being "master manipulator."

A shocked Malthouse told the Herald Sun today he found it difficult to process the criticism after being made aware of Buckley's comments.

"That is so disappointing – I have never treated him as an enemy in my life," Malthouse said.

"I have got to say that I haven't heard it, but … if (the quotes) are accurate, that is a very, very difficult thing to absorb and certainly very disappointing to hear.

"I would never regard myself as an enemy of Nathan Buckley.

"I have got the utmost respect for his playing career and for the way he has been able to turn around his coaching career."

mickmain-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Broad
GLENN McFARLANE reports…

Coaching great Mick Malthouse says he is astounded by Nathan Buckley's criticism of him on the morning after he was inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

Buckley said on SEN today he accepts Malthouse views him as "an enemy" and conceded he has no relationship with the man who he replaced as coach.

A candid Buckley accused Malthouse of attempting to rewrite history and conceded he had been left as “one of the bodies on the side of the road” when asked about his relationship with his former coach.

He also described Malthouse as having "rat cunning" and described him as being "master manipulator."

A shocked Malthouse told the Herald Sun today he found it difficult to process the criticism after being made aware of Buckley's comments.

"That is so disappointing – I have never treated him as an enemy in my life," Malthouse said.

"I have got to say that I haven't heard it, but … if (the quotes) are accurate, that is a very, very difficult thing to absorb and certainly very disappointing to hear.

"I have got the utmost respect for his playing career and for the way he has been able to turn around his coaching career."

mickmain-1.jpg
I'm shocked!:D

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-malthouse-views-me-as-an-enemy-20190605-p51ur8.html

I'm surprised that Bucks was willing to be this candid about that period and his relationship with MM:

"Buckley added that he’d been left by Malthouse as “one of the bodies on the side of the road” but suggested that he understood the VFL/AFL coaching games record holder’s mindset."

I'm sure MM has his version of events but everything is still too raw for me to feel joy about this Hall of Famer.

It's so petty and small of him to hang his protege out to dry like that... speaks about him.

Ben Broad
GLENN McFARLANE reports…

mickmain-1.jpg

Damage control... PR speak.

Nothing at all has ever suggested MM has any self awareness at all, so its probably not surprising he's 'astounded'.

He joins a long line of serial narcissists astounded when their behaviors which they see as natural and in no way self serving or damaging come back to bite them. Kevin Rudd...Tony Abbott...enter list here...

Someone else is always the problem.

Thing is, to an extent, it works for a lot of people like that. If you are after a teflon shield against doubt and remorse, which comes in handy in a high pressure cutthroat environment, its a bonus to a point. But counting the cost for those left behind afterwards is always the place the final accounting gets to be made.

Ben Broad
GLENN McFARLANE reports…

mickmain-1.jpg
This peed me off.

But not buckley the person, right MM?

Was an interesting interview today.
Open, honest, actually very understanding of Mick.

At the time, I enjoyed the interview. But on reflection I made a bad blunder.
Didn’t think about what the media would do with it.
Ofcourse they’d take odd quotes out and create conflict.
That’s what the media does.

And they then wonder why people clam up and say nothing but trite cliches. Get ready for ongoing boring player and coach interviews.

Nothing at all has ever suggested MM has any self awareness at all, so its probably not surprising he's 'astounded'.

He joins a long line of serial narcissists astounded when their behaviors which they see as natural and in no way self serving or damaging come back to bite them. Kevin Rudd...Tony Abbott...enter list here...

Someone else is always the problem.

Thing is, to an extent, it works for a lot of people like that. If you are after a teflon shield against doubt and remorse, which comes in handy in a high pressure cutthroat environment, its a bonus to a point. But counting the cost for those left behind afterwards is always the place the final accounting gets to be made.
Yes quite a few politicians live in that space, Messers Rudd, Abbott, Turnbull, Latham, Hewson.
Malthouse can join them quite comfortably.

Oh well, each to their own.

Yes quite a few politicians live in that space, Messers Rudd, Abbott, Turnbull, Latham, Hewson.
Malthouse can join them quite comfortably.

Oh well, each to their own.
Oh out of that lot I like Hewson, pretty honest and self reflecting.

Oh out of that lot I like Hewson, pretty honest and self reflecting.
Fair enough.

He was the epitome, back in the day, of the superior know it all, looking down his nose at everyone.
Has a different smugness now.

Don’t think he ever fell down the modesty tree.
And didn’t Keating rip him apart, limb by limb.
Though he helped himself by writing the longest suicide note in political history.

Oh well, the cold Dr Hewson.

I’m not a fan :eek:

Fair enough.

He was the epitome, back in the day, of the superior know it all, looking down his nose at everyone.
Has a different smugness now.

Don’t think he ever fell down the modesty tree.
And didn’t Keating rip him apart, limb by limb.
Though he helped himself by writing the longest suicide note in political history.

Oh well, the cold Dr Hewson.

I’m not a fan :eek:

If I have a choice between a technocrat and an idealogue, I'll take the technocrat. At least you can see a logical process behind what they are trying to do, you may not agree with some of the assumptions, but there is logic and detail there, instead of three word slogans and appeals to denominators so low I cant even see them anymore.

When it comes to idealogues, people like me are generally either their tool or their victim, frequently both. They can suck it.

And by the by, this is a symptom of why we are in the s**t as a country. It seems the only real crime nowdays is to have actual genuine expertise in a field. I want leaders who know more than me, hopefully they can use that to sort this s**t out. I dont want someone who couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag with the aid of a chainsaw. Government is hard. Its supposed to be. Pretending anyone can do s**t, or worse, that people who actually know what they are doing are the enemy, is leading us into an abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back