Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be what we're seeing i.e. that Bucks has evolved to the stage that he has enough confidence in his own shoes that he will call sh*t out without batting an eyelid?

I still wish he remained quiet as it was the most dignified way IMO, but I totally understand why he said what he did.

Jathanas I think this quote from an Age article last year sums up Bucks shift in mentality. Personally I love the "new" Bucks.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-sight-of-the-holy-grail-20180928-p506po.html

"In 2018, Buckley has been influenced not simply by the directive of Walsh's review, which told him to delegate more to his staff and to stop over-managing, over-analysing and generally overdoing it, but also by a book that encouraged him to take a more philosophical and accepting stance in his daily work.

The Courage to be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga is a Japanese self-help guide that takes the form of a dialogue between a teenage student and a philosopher/mentor. In conversations with various parties, including the Collingwood players, Buckley has cited the book as a seminal influence upon his attitude this year.

One of the major themes from The Courage to be Disliked is that one cannot be overly concerned with what others think of you, or indeed, with what they decide to do with their lives. It encourages readers to be themselves, that they cannot please everyone and - crucially - that seeking recognition is an egotistical trap.

The book, while Japanese, draws on the popular theories of famed 19th century Austrian psychotherapist Alfred Alder, who founded the concept of "individual pyschology''.

That is kind of right.
Various politicians are better versed at their craft and knowledge than we give them credit for.

Not sure if you remember Dr Hewson at his zenith.
There’s are great anecdote by Australia’s greatest ever political historian, Paul Kelly.
It’s in his wonderful book, The March Of Patriots.
Dr Hewson was talking to a young Peter Costello at the time, mentioning a possible death tax or some such.
Peter Costello says to his colleague Ian McLaughlin “is it our obligation to tell the Australian people our leader is a maniac?”
McLaughlin: “don’t worry the people will work it out for themselves.”

Been a lot of re-writing of the good doctor.
The left detested him then, now they tolerate him because he does the Mick Malthouse barbs at his former side.

By the way Paul Kelly used to be married to former minister, Ros Kelly.
Cmon it's McLachlan, Gil's uncle.

Cmon it's McLachlan, Gil's uncle.
Gees I spelt it wrong the whole post.

Yes they are indeed related.
He’s even the uncle of Hamish :)

Was a very good state cricketer too.

I am sick to death of the gambling advertising adds on tv be it fox/kayo or free to air.
And at the end of there adds is "Gamble Responsibly"
I like a punt (only on the horses) and i am in total agreement. Even the fake ads on actual shows where they show the odds shouldnt be allowed. Trouble i gambling revenue is too valuable to the government.

I like a punt (only on the horses) and i am in total agreement. Even the fake ads on actual shows where they show the odds shouldnt be allowed. Trouble i gambling revenue is too valuable to the government.

It is but a ban on gambling advertising wouldn't have an immediate impact on that, and over time they could find alternative revenue streams like installing more red light and speed cameras road safety promotion devices.

MM 3 premierships over 31 years coaching.
Got me thinking about what premiership strike rate would you accept as a coach?
Kevin Sheedy has 4 premierships over 26 years (I wouldn’t include the GWS stint).
Clarko obviously remarkable with 4 over 14 years (and he took over a basket case).
Ross Lyon 0 from 12 years and he had the benefit of joining St Kilda when they were on their way up and abandoned them when Freo was also on their way up. He is one coach that may just be over-rated.
I've often wondered why Ross Lyon never seems to have any media pressure on him in fact it's quite the opposite it's got me beat

HeathComeBack I love a punt on the horses as well,but i am just fed up with the adds.
Promoting gambling and then saying oh gamble with responsibility .

HeathComeBack I love a punt on the horses as well,but i am just fed up with the adds.
Promoting gambling and then saying oh gamble with responsibility .
While I abhor gambling, and really hate the ads and the way they promote “easy money”, I have to ask.
What’s the difference between the “gamble responsibly” message and the “drink responsibly” message?

CFC2010 Levendi, What did I say typical Malthouse?
Paraphrasing
"I'm not going to go any further into it but Buckley's comments upset my family and my wife cried."
Yep he's milking it in typical Malthouse fashion. Buckley stood firm and good on him.

The art of deflection......he was/is the master at it.

The problem for him is no one GAF about him anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to start some discourse on why we can't seem to beat the Eagles anymore? If anyone can recall pivotal moments in our clashes, whether it be our players making mistakes, their players showing brilliance, or umpiring decisions, I would love to hear it!

I'd like to start some discourse on why we can't seem to beat the Eagles anymore? If anyone can recall pivotal moments in our clashes, whether it be our players making mistakes, their players showing brilliance, or umpiring decisions, I would love to hear it!
Remember 2011?
Only one team could beat us.
Just one.
Welcome to the past, today.

We cant control their forwards for long enough usually because their midfield outworks ours.

The art of deflection......he was/is the master at it.

The problem for him is no one GAF about him anymore.
Listened to Dermie this morning and he summed it up pretty well.

'MM is a street dog fighter and if you have ever crossed him, he won't let you forget it'.

Only problem with that is that he is the judge and jury of who that may be.:D

Listened to Dermie this morning and he summed it up pretty well.

'MM is a street dog fighter and if you have ever crossed him, he won't let you forget it'.

Only problem with that is that he is the judge and jury of who that may be.:D

That's why Bucks messed up. Don't poke the bear... he's gonna go on and on about it now and there irreparable damage done to the public relationship. No-one thought Bucks was in the wrong so he should have kept his feelings quiet. He stooped to his level and pricked his ego, he shouldn't have done that. We don't need the repercussions.

That's why Bucks messed up. Don't poke the bear... he's gonna go on and on about it now and there irreparable damage done to the public relationship. No-one thought Bucks was in the wrong so he should have kept his feelings quiet. He stooped to his level and pricked his ego, he shouldn't have done that. We don't need the repercussions.

Bucks cares about Malthouse as much as Mick cares for or respects Bucks.

“My daughters and wife are upset”. Hahahahahahaha

But when is enough?
I can see your point though.

Bucks cares about Malthouse as much as Mick cares for or respects Bucks.

“My daughters and wife are upset”. Hahahahahahaha
His kids are adults what in their 30s.
I think they know the footy business especially as Christie was a reporter.

Too silly for words.

His kids are adults what in their 30s.
I think they know the footy business especially as Christie was a reporter.

Too silly for words.

Exactly Saintly...........Malthouse always playing the victim.

Only spite allowed him to beat a legends record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back