Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly that is a no. Happened to me on another forum when I first joined. If I didn't log in I could see it but when I logged in disappeared.
Naively asked chief why and he replied if they are on ignore, they stay ignored once logged in.
I don't have anyone on ignore much as they annoy me, just skip over their posts, (not on this board).
Gets easier after a while.
I read very fast, can’t skim I’m afraid. I think with important threads like pregame and game, they should be mod made.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Salty Malty re-writing history to suit his narrative once again...……..…...poor Nanette.

Sacked: A thrilling new podcast series as AFL coaches of the past tell their stories
What really happens when an AFL coach loses his job? So often we see careers end in brutal fashion. Now, we’ve invited a host of big names to tell their stories in our thrilling new podcast series.
Herald Sun
July 5, 2019 9:33am

Mick Malthouse lifts the lid on what really happened to him at Collingwood

How can Collingwood be included in this podcast?
Malthouse was not sacked. In fact he resigned.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How can Collingwood be included in this podcast?
Malthouse was not sacked. In fact he resigned.

I only got a snippet of it as I was in the car listening to SEN. He is a delusional selfish person. I wouldn't listen to his podcast if they paid me to.

What did Bucks say...….."I am just another body on the side of the road" when it comes to Malthouse.

I read very fast, can’t skim I’m afraid. I think with important threads like pregame and game, they should be mod made.
That would take the pleasure away from the posters, not sure that is fair and besides most of us are at a game and for me either rejoicing on a win or if we lose, the last thing I can think of is to start a preview thread.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
Salty Malty re-writing history to suit his narrative once again...……..…...poor Nanette.

Sacked: A thrilling new podcast series as AFL coaches of the past tell their stories
What really happens when an AFL coach loses his job? So often we see careers end in brutal fashion. Now, we’ve invited a host of big names to tell their stories in our thrilling new podcast series.
Herald Sun
July 5, 2019 9:33am

Does anyone still give a rats... ?

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I still reckon that Jack Thompson was the best coach we ever had.... crazy that we sacked him.

Most of the people in the film had a very strange accent. It brings back memories of the original Australian accent that was around when I was a kid. I'm sure that you find it out in the bush today but you dont hear it much these days.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jesus Christ you lot are precious. its a podcast i would absolutely listen to, reckon we would get good insights about what goes in in the backrooms. MM was at 4 clubs and given its called sacked i would almost certainly guess its about the Carlton job, Who doesn't want to hear about that!! MM is many things but he doesn't deserve the bagging he gets on the Collngwood Board. Without him we would be Carlton

Jesus Christ you lot are precious. its a podcast i would absolutely listen to, reckon we would get good insights about what goes in in the backrooms. MM was at 4 clubs and given its called sacked i would almost certainly guess its about the Carlton job, Who doesn't want to hear about that!! MM is many things but he doesn't deserve the bagging he gets on the Collngwood Board. Without him we would be Carlton
It isn't about being precious at all especially from my point of view.

It is about rewriting history and we have heard it all before.

Mr Irrelevant.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Heater to quote what I heard in the car...…."Nathan made it clear I was not to talk to any coaches...….its a bit hard if I was supposed to be the Director Of Coaches" end quote.

He is a f kn selfish prick.

He tarnished his Collingwood legacy with his actions in 2011 and beyond............he only went to Carlton out of spite and to overtake McHale's record.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We need some more Flair

I have been doing some cleaning out and have come across a number of x-rays and checked out how to dispose of them (I am into recycling).
X-ray films contain silver in the form of halides, which can be extracted and converted into pure silver.

Seems you can drop them off for free at:
5 - 11 Reo Crescent, Campbellfield, VIC 3061, 03 9308 9415

Another place actually charge you.

I have been doing some cleaning out and have come across a number of x-rays and checked out how to dispose of them (I am into recycling).
X-ray films contain silver in the form of halides, which can be extracted and converted into pure silver.

Seems you can drop them off for free at:
5 - 11 Reo Crescent, Campbellfield, VIC 3061, 03 9308 9415

Another place actually charge you.
That’s great information. I’ve got plenty I can dispose off and this helps.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It isn't about being precious at all especially from my point of view.

It is about rewriting history and we have heard it all before.

Mr Irrelevant.
Heater to quote what I heard in the car...…."Nathan made it clear I was not to talk to any coaches...….its a bit hard if I was supposed to be the Director Of Coaches" end quote.

He is a f kn selfish prick.

He tarnished his Collingwood legacy with his actions in 2011 and beyond............he only went to Carlton out of spite and to overtake McHale's record.
Its a podcast. do you think MM went up to the guy doing it saying wait i haven't got enough attention can i do this please? Of course not. He was asked. No need to put him down EVERY TIME he is in the media. come on dudes give it a rest

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never for me, he did so much damage at my club on leaving. Sorry but can't help how I feel about him.

Agree 100% Maggie5.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you think we have healed from the succession plan? Have we healed from the dynasty we thought we were entering in 2011 fizzing out?

I get the impression the club has but not the fans. What will it take? Would a grand final be enough for the past to be left behind? Maybe its because I have been on bf since 2011 but this seems to have been an open wound for way longer than other challenging times. As bad as 1976 was, it didn't seem to cause as much pain as this.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never for me, he did so much damage at my club on leaving. Sorry but can't help how I feel about him.
But why do you have to point it out every single time he is mentioned? We get it. We all have different opinions and i respect the right to your opinion. I have no opinion of him as a person TBH, but i know he turned our club around in 1999 and that the players all loved him. I think that's enough for me to think he is a great name of Collingwood. He has been gone 10 years now. We don't need denigration every single time his name is out there.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Then I'd have to take all the Mods off ignore...
:mad::oops:

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
But why do you have to point it out every single time he is mentioned? We get it. We all have different opinions and i respect the right to your opinion. I have no opinion of him as a person TBH, but i know he turned our club around in 1999 and that the players all loved him. I think that's enough for me to think he is a great name of Collingwood. He has been gone 10 years now. We don't need denigration every single time his name is out there.

He is only denigrated when he has a go at our Club. That is the common denominator here.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you think we have healed from the succession plan? Have we healed from the dynasty we thought we were entering in 2011 fizzing out?

I get the impression the club has but not the fans. What will it take? Would a grand final be enough for the past to be left behind? Maybe its because I have been on bf since 2011 but this seems to have been an open wound for way longer than other challenging times. As bad as 1976 was, it didn't seem to cause as much pain as this.
Probably not for a group of fans.
A flag will cure that.

Many fans have moved on, BF likely exaggerates the angst, as it’s gets airings.

The players? They wouldn’t give a stuff anymore. Not even on their radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back