Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you despise him so much, why post about him?
Genuine question.

What has one thing got to do with the other in a "thread for posting whatever you want".

Honest answer.

But why do you have to point it out every single time he is mentioned? We get it. We all have different opinions and i respect the right to your opinion. I have no opinion of him as a person TBH, but i know he turned our club around in 1999 and that the players all loved him. I think that's enough for me to think he is a great name of Collingwood. He has been gone 10 years now. We don't need denigration every single time his name is out there.
You actually do mind me having an opinion otherwise why do you mention it or asking posters like me 'to give it a rest'?

If you despise him so much, why post about him?
Genuine question.
Mention of his name brings it all back to me, can't stand him!
It is like tasting something bad and saying, yuk.

A flag will cure that.
NEVER!

Last edited:

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m just curious why you would draw our attention to a man you despise.

Location is irrelevant.

You didn’t answer though.

It isn't relevant on an open forum........

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Jesus Christ you lot are precious. its a podcast i would absolutely listen to, reckon we would get good insights about what goes in in the backrooms. MM was at 4 clubs and given its called sacked i would almost certainly guess its about the Carlton job, Who doesn't want to hear about that!! MM is many things but he doesn't deserve the bagging he gets on the Collngwood Board. Without him we would be Carlton

I think he had a long speech at that legends event a while back..... and then they interviewed him in response to buckley's comments....... and he spoke specifically about the transition to buckley. He also spoke about it at length when he joined the sportstalk program in Perth ... although I realise only perthites would have got that. That's only the stuff in the last few months. His coaching etc was all over the sports programs during that week.

I doubt there will be more insights and there's only so much time in the day to find out this important stuff. I know I spent all day trying to find out how many beers Krgyios had the night before the big match against Rafa. And whether he's dating Genie Bouchard.... I just cant find the time for Mick.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
You only have flare with Flair.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
30499C7F-581E-4C95-A232-FC9F50B0D582.gif

Salty Malty re-writing history to suit his narrative once again...……..…...poor Nanette.

Sacked: A thrilling new podcast series as AFL coaches of the past tell their stories
What really happens when an AFL coach loses his job? So often we see careers end in brutal fashion. Now, we’ve invited a host of big names to tell their stories in our thrilling new podcast series.
Herald Sun
July 5, 2019 9:33am

Mick Malthouse lifts the lid on what really happened to him at Collingwood

FFS when will this end?

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jesus Christ you lot are precious. its a podcast i would absolutely listen to, reckon we would get good insights about what goes in in the backrooms. MM was at 4 clubs and given its called sacked i would almost certainly guess its about the Carlton job, Who doesn't want to hear about that!! MM is many things but he doesn't deserve the bagging he gets on the Collngwood Board. Without him we would be Carlton
Except the blurb states;
Nothing about the sacking at Carlton.
And I’m not sure about Footscray, but he quit WC and quit Collingwood, so where’s the sacking?

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably not for a group of fans.
A flag will cure that.
Many fans have moved on, BF likely exaggerates the angst, as it’s gets airings.
The players? They wouldn’t give a stuff anymore. Not even on their radar.
My take too SV, cheers for the reply. I am interested, do you think the fan fracture was bigger around the '76 incident or 2011?

Bad Horse

Petfood
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm waiting for

THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD: A FIRST HAND INSIDERS OBJECTIVE ACCOUNT OF ONE OF THE MOST EXTRAORDINARY HUMANITARIANS OF OUR GENERATION, LET ALONE OBJECTIVELY THE BEST COACH IN RECORDED HISTORY. also known as NO MORE TEARS FOR NANETTE.

A podcast in which a badly paid voice actor reads the words of one Michael Malthouse but using the third person to refer to Michael Malthouse The Best Coach in Recorded History (tm) in order to pretend somehow this isnt a first person fictional hatchet job worse than Caesars Gallic Wars. We thought Geoffrey Rush would be up for it but even he has standards it seems so we went for Grant Denyer but had to keep telling him not to say "survey said" in response to the stupid rhetorical questions.

Chapter 1

The skies weep for us.

Michael Malthouse sat at his desk, trying hard not to weep bitter tears. He woudnt give all of them the satisfaction though. They were all lesser mortals; journalists, players, Eddie. And Him. That...Judas.

If only they could see what everyone else knew, that he, Michael Malthouse, was indeed achingly perfect, like a perfect tool for example, or a Sidchrome, an overrated tool, in fact, we surveyed 100 people and asked them, "Name a tool more overrated than Mick Malthouse, and the top 7 answers are on the board"...what, too much ad lib? But people like my ad lib, its all ive got and...

I'm fired again, arent I. Well, I'm still less fired than Mick ******* Malthouse was by Carlton, but bet he doesnt whinge about that the dessicated cretinous...

We regret this break in transmission, we hope to be resuming shortly.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm waiting for

THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD: A FIRST HAND INSIDERS OBJECTIVE ACCOUNT OF ONE OF THE MOST EXTRAORDINARY HUMANITARIANS OF OUR GENERATION, LET ALONE OBJECTIVELY THE BEST COACH IN RECORDED HISTORY. also known as NO MORE TEARS FOR NANETTE.

A podcast in which a badly paid voice actor reads the words of one Michael Malthouse but using the third person to refer to Michael Malthouse The Best Coach in Recorded History (tm) in order to pretend somehow this isnt a first person fictional hatchet job worse than Caesars Gallic Wars. We thought Geoffrey Rush would be up for it but even he has standards it seems so we went for Grant Denyer but had to keep telling him not to say "survey said" in response to the stupid rhetorical questions.

Chapter 1

The skies weep for us.

Michael Malthouse sat at his desk, trying hard not to weep bitter tears. He woudnt give all of them the satisfaction though. They were all lesser mortals; journalists, players, Eddie. And Him. That...Judas.

If only they could see what everyone else knew, that he, Michael Malthouse, was indeed achingly perfect, like a perfect tool for example, or a Sidchrome, an overrated tool, in fact, we surveyed 100 people and asked them, "Name a tool more overrated than Mick Malthouse, and the top 7 answers are on the board"...what, too much ad lib? But people like my ad lib, its all ive got and...

I'm fired again, arent I. Well, I'm still less fired than Mick ******* Malthouse was by Carlton, but bet he doesnt whinge about that the dessicated cretinous...

You’re a f kn great re.

They broke the mould with you mate.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
My take too SV, cheers for the reply. I am interested, do you think the fan fracture was bigger around the '76 incident or 2011?
With 1976 the horror of the first wooden spoon hurt.
But even Murray Weideman knew it wasn’t for him and he did love Collingwood.
Tom Hafey striving helped everything smooth over.
Great get.

2011 was just all the wrong personality being involved. A Roos or Matthews would have handed over with a greater dignity.

Really that simple.

Win football games everyone as fans move on.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm waiting for

Chapter 1

The skies weep for us.

My favourite Malthouse story - when we used to go over to the states for pre-season camps, he wasn’t going one year. He gave Brad Scott a t-shirt that he bought the year before. He wanted Scott to return it for him. It was less than $20. He also used to get reimbursements from the club for $3 bags of ice he would buy for himself.

More than a little careful with his shekels.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barrett on The Sunday Footy Show said:
Breaking news, Jordan DeGoey spoken to by Victoria Police...

Dramatic pause

...for using a mobile phone while driving. Obviously something he'll have to work through.
Damian Barrett you're a parasite. Yep, shouldn't using a phone while driving, but come on it's hardly news worthy.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Always a shocking start to the weekend when the Pies lose.
But leave it up to Trump to give me a belly laugh..

Rewriting history to come up with this;

View attachment 704480

Apparantly the Americans fought the British for control of airports in the 18th century!

evidently paul revere's internet connection was down so he had to get in his mustang to drive to HQ to tell his rebel mates that the british were coming...

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
i'm watching a bit of carlton melb while eating lunch. Paul Roos is such a downer. He brings something similar to a drug induced coma. He is so biased towards melb or sydney and the rest of the fox team follow suit. And it's just bias... no passion. Just an old coach who is tied to his old sides...

And the constant stuff about skills is like listening to an emerson lake and palmer LP.....an experience not to be repeated. Someone should compare Silvani's skills to his grandpa's. Old Serge used to treat footballs like a sack of concrete. I under the gripe about modern day footballers but the guys of the past weren't all silky smooth. There were a lot of hacks. Guys who could hardly kick a ball over 50 metres.

I understand that the commentators need to report on the facts, but dont spend hour upon hour trashing the game. It is boring and it doesnt nothing to help their pay packets in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back