Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night in their so called banter BT was crapping on to Bruce who had the shortest name to play AFL.

Ian Low for Footscray in the 70s struck me as one player with only 6 letters.

Last night in their so called banter BT was crapping on to Bruce who had the shortest name to play AFL.

I didn't hear that discussion, but Tom Re (Fitzroy 1936-37) must have been mentioned? He's meant to have the shortest surname in VFL/AFL history, and may well have the shortest name overall!

Some guy back in the day called F Wit seemed to get a lot of the ball, my memory is hazy, the hill claimed many a sodden soul back then

I didn't hear that discussion, but Tom Re (Fitzroy 1936-37) must have been mentioned? He's meant to have the shortest surname in VFL/AFL history, and may well have the shortest name overall!
Not mentioned. Bruce pretty much laughed at BT.

Was he just Tom Re or Thomas Re which is 5 letters v 8 letters?

Low played one season for Collingwood (1980)!

Tom Lee was another Collingwood player with just the six letters in his name.

Low played one season for Collingwood (1980)!
Yes.
Yes ofcourse.

That’s why I remembered him. But then promptly forgot the Collingwood part. But as a kid I remembered him crossing.

Could it happen.

Might we just finish top 4?

Could such sweetness happen?

Not mentioned. Bruce pretty much laughed at BT.

Was he just Tom Re or Thomas Re which is 5 letters v 8 letters?
I've only ever seen him as Tom Re. The likes of The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers, AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com and Wikipedia just call him Tom.

Incidentally, the Collingwood (1897-98) player most sources name as Tom Lee is Thomas Lee in "The Encyclopedia".

I've only ever seen him as Tom Re. The likes of The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers, AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com and Wikipedia just call him Tom.

Incidentally, the Collingwood (1897-98) player most sources name as Tom Lee is Thomas Lee in "The Encyclopedia".

I know his name is Tom but what's his last name re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could it happen.

Might we just finish top 4?

Could such sweetness happen?
Please let it happen! It's about time we had a bit of luck go our way. If West Coast lose this they may well have blown their whole season. It's not often I'm happy to see Hawthorn win, but this can be a great result for us. The Bulldogs should win tomorrow and the Hawks will still miss out!

Please let it happen! It's about time we had a bit of luck go our way. If West Coast lose this they may well have blown their whole season. It's not often I'm happy to see Hawthorn win, but this can be a great result for us. The Bulldogs should win tomorrow and the Hawks will still miss out!
It’s done.

We make top 4.

Happy to play whoever.

Plus we get Stephenson back plus De Goey.

Plus Sidebottom intact.

Just wondering if anyone has any insights into Justin Longmuir as a coach?

He’s my personal fav candidate to take over at Freo, especially having coached at 2 of the really big clubs at a time when they are strong.

Just wondering if anyone has any insights into Justin Longmuir as a coach?

He’s my personal fav candidate to take over at Freo, especially having coached at 2 of the really big clubs at a time when they are strong.

He has done an amazing job for us and we'd be loathe to lose him. Our defence stocks have been low but he has worked wonders in getting them to function like a clean cohesive unit.

not guaranteed fully intact but certainly close to full restoration
Sometimes you just take what you’re given.

At least he didn’t get a poke in the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back