Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’re not nuts to think that.

:D

I've been there before. Once I was silly enough to bat in the nets without protection. One delivery just grazed me and I was down for the count for about half an hour. I had to go home. The way he was struggling to walk brought back painful memories. There's no hiding from a nut shot, nothing will help.

I've been there before. Once I was silly enough to bat in the nets without protection. One delivery just grazed me and I was down for the count for about half an hour. I had to go home. The way he was struggling to walk brought back painful memories. There's no hiding from a nut shot, nothing will help.
Like your new pic.;)

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wondering if anyone has any insights into Justin Longmuir as a coach?

He’s my personal fav candidate to take over at Freo, especially having coached at 2 of the really big clubs at a time when they are strong.

From what little interactions I've had with him, was super impressed with the way he thinks about defence. Opened up my mind a bit. Not sure on his more attacking philosophies but could come down to whether Freo are ok with replacing Lyon with someone who has worked chiefly with defence the past few years.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
From what little interactions I've had with him, was super impressed with the way he thinks about defence. Opened up my mind a bit. Not sure on his more attacking philosophies but could come down to whether Freo are ok with replacing Lyon with someone who has worked chiefly with defence the past few years.

Interesting, anything he said in particular stand out?

I think he was the Eagles fwd line coach before crossing to the Pies, so should be decent in that regard.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We shouldn’t be scared of any team; they’re all the same, 22 bodies to be defeated by our 22 soldiers.

Get ball
Do good things with it
Rinse repeat

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whilst it is exciting to have grabbed a top 4 spot, I am feeling a little sad today.

Not long ago, the Monday after the home and away season, being the true Mad Monday, would see tonight's news being filled with harmless hi-jinx (Fev in a dress, p1ssed in public) and later in the week rumours would abound of the first intra-club clash of the pre-season taking the form of a punch-up between teammates.

Not anymore. Not all progress is good.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who might our finals side be?

Knowing what we do now, assumptions are De Goey, Sidesack is fine to go.

Let’s assume Reid not ready, Wells not so either at this stage :( .
We will go with Moore being available.

So our 22 + 4 emergencies might be named as:

B. M Scharenberg ~ J Roughead ~ B Maynard
HB. J Crisp ~ D Moore ~ J Howe
C. S Sidebottom ~ A Treloar ~ T Phillips
HF. J Stephenson ~ B Mihocek ~ J Thomas
F. J Elliott ~ J De Goey ~ W Hoskin-Elliott
R. B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury (c) ~ T Adams
I. C Mayne ~ R Wills ~ L Greenwood ~ C Brown
C. N Buckley

E. J Madgen, J Daicos, T Varcoe, J Noble

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
With this “bye” round why wouldn’t the AFL have their All Australian night during the week and Brownlow on the Monday or if they felt ratings was key on the Friday night this week?

Give them all this coverage over the weekend and allow all players to easily attend.

Won’t happen but worth consideration.

ps the AA coach should not default to premiership coach but be picked on Home and Away as it used to be.

A GF winning coach gets all kudos anyway.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
With this “bye” round why wouldn’t the AFL have their All Australian night during the week and Brownlow on the Monday or if they felt ratings was key on the Friday night this week?

Give them all this coverage over the weekend and allow all players to easily attend.

Won’t happen but worth consideration.

ps the AA coach should not default to premiership coach but be picked on Home and Away as it used to be.

A GF winning coach gets all kudos anyway.
AA is this Wednesday SV, so you are on the same page as Gil.

Sort of agree with you on the coach question. Premiership coach also receives the Jock McHale medal, so no need to conflate it with AA Coach. However, I would go the other way and not name an AA coach at all. If it isn't automatically the premiership coach, it almost becomes a quasi-"Most Improved" coach award. Just not sure it is necessary.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I try and avoid Mainstream TV news. i would rather read something than watch news that is only news because there are pictures of it. But lately its been on in the background and there is something i noticed.
Why does every single story that is at a court involve the reporter going up to the defendant/criminal and ask them questions you know they wont answer?? What is the point? The only people it makes look stupid is the reporter.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
AA is this Wednesday SV, so you are on the same page as Gil.

Sort of agree with you on the coach question. Premiership coach also receives the Jock McHale medal, so no need to conflate it with AA Coach. However, I would go the other way and not name an AA coach at all. If it isn't automatically the premiership coach, it almost becomes a quasi-"Most Improved" coach award. Just not sure it is necessary.
That’s a very fair point.

It is sort of a most improved award. Eg Stan Alves got it one year.

Three years ago Beverage would have got it, then Hardwick then last year would have been Buckley.
This year Fagan would easily be considered so you’re right it’s an improved award.

Best not to award it, smart thinking.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s a very fair point.

It is sort of a most improved award. Eg Stan Alves got it one year.

Three years ago Beverage would have got it, then Hardwick then last year would have been Buckley.
This year Fagan would easily be considered so you’re right it’s an improved award.

Best not to award it, smart thinking.
I would listen to a coach named beverage.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I try and avoid Mainstream TV news. i would rather read something than watch news that is only news because there are pictures of it. But lately its been on in the background and there is something i noticed.
Why does every single story that is at a court involve the reporter going up to the defendant/criminal and ask them questions you know they wont answer?? What is the point? The only people it makes look stupid is the reporter.
Creates stupid drama.
Pretends reporter is somehow on top of story.
Just crappy the way they do it.

Remember one time they even sent the delightful Madeline Slattery to do such things. But she was so polite.
Some people are just lovely I guess.

But most court types are quite aggro looking for aggro response? Who knows?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
But how good is it when one of them goes the cameraman with one hand whilst holding a jacket over their head with the other? Takes talent.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who might our finals side be?

Knowing what we do now, assumptions are De Goey, Sidesack is fine to go.

Let’s assume Reid not ready, Wells not so either at this stage :( .
We will go with Moore being available.

So our 22 + 4 emergencies might be named as:

B. M Scharenberg ~ J Roughead ~ B Maynard
HB. J Crisp ~ D Moore ~ J Howe
C. S Sidebottom ~ A Treloar ~ T Phillips
HF. J Stephenson ~ B Mihocek ~ J Thomas
F. J Elliott ~ J De Goey ~ W Hoskin-Elliott
R. B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury (c) ~ T Adams
I. C Mayne ~ R Wills ~ L Greenwood ~ C Brown
C. N Buckley

E. J Madgen, J Daicos, T Varcoe, J Noble

Think Moore will play, as will Schaz. Think they'll persist with Roughy forward. Hopefully Thomas pulls up okay.

Be just as interesting to see their side. They've got a relatively healthy list and lined up as follows v Blues:

GEELONG CATS
B Zach Tuohy, Mark Blicavs, Harry Taylor
HB Jed Bews, Mark O'Connor, Tom Stewart
C Mitch Duncan, Patrick Dangerfield, Brandan Parfitt
HF Gary Ablett, Esava Ratugolea, Gary Rohan
F Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Hawkins, Jack Henry
FOL Rhys Stanley, Tim Kelly, Joel Selwood
I/C Quinton Narkle, Lachie Henderson, Cameron Guthrie, Gryan Miers

Could potentially have all of Atkins, Clark, Menegola, and Scott Selwood available and I think Henderson and Narkle could make way for 2 of them. Early prediction, I think they'll be too quick for us and we won't be able to lock down on their small forwards.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lowest common denominator TV. Appeal to those you know are in front of the TV.
It’s the same as when every 3 or 4 months shows like ACA do the “dole bludger” expose.
We all know there is a small percentage of people who do rort the system, just like there is a small percentage of people who rort the banking system.
That’s no excuse to withdraw our social safety net, but the lowest common denominator TV demands we be outraged.

I’m a Labor man through and through.
A leftie, no apologies.
But if you want to see a program on a great Australian, jump on iview and catch tonight’s Australian Story.
No apologies.
Tim Fischer?
A genuine 'good bloke' politician - don't think anyone has (could have) a harsh word about him.

Fun fact: We have had 7 players that have played all games this year.

Grundy,Treloar, Pendlebury, Phillips, Roughhead, Crisp and Maynard

Bris (11), Ess (3), Gee (6), WC (5), GWS (4), Rich (2), WB (9)

Really? That many? Sure didn’t seem like it throughout the season, especially in that horror patch injury wise just before and after the bye.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Usual suspects who never seem to get injured. It's weird. Some play in positions you get a battering too. Some people just don't get hurt.

Phil Inn

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Robbo is breath-taking. If you were drunk down the pub listening to his "analysis" of the weekend's footy, you would tap him on the shoulder and tell him that it's probably time for him to head home because he's lost his ability to be coherent.

Friends dont let friends spew random words on national TV guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back