Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fellas, thanks for helping kick WC out of top 4 =)

Anyone have knowledge on how highly JL is rated within the Collingwood walls that isnt based on public media questions (which are always going to be rubbish and glowing).

Sorry if you've had 20 Freo supporters in here already asking similar things.

Cheers

Hey Fellas, thanks for helping kick WC out of top 4 =)

Anyone have knowledge on how highly JL is rated within the Collingwood walls that isnt based on public media questions (which are always going to be rubbish and glowing).

Sorry if you've had 20 Freo supporters in here already asking similar things.

Cheers

The short answer is very highly indeed.

I will be pretty disappointed if your mob pinch him, but at the end of the day I would never begrudge one of our assistants getting a head coaching gig.

Of course, that's not to say he will be any good as a senior coach! As always, only time will tell.

Of the currently available candidates, he'd probably be my pick.

:)

The short answer is very highly indeed.

I will be pretty disappointed if your mob pinch him, but at the end of the day I would never begrudge one of our assistants getting a head coaching gig.

Of course, that's not to say he will be any good as a senior coach! As always, only time will tell.

Of the currently available candidates, he'd probably be my pick.

:)
More than Burns?

Good luck to the Pies in the semi final against the Vixens tomorrow.

Its all coming together.
I’m watching this with my daughters this afternoon! Trying to convince them to barrack for the Pies.

i read that brad scott got a job at the AFL. I admit that I dont see much value in either Scott. About 18 years of coaching between them and a single premiership probably off the back of the previous coach. Chris has headed a good footy programme and the people around him have made him a "successful" coach. Brad hasn't had the benefits of being at a big club but I cant say that his teams have delivered more than what they should have. Obviously both of them have ridden on the backs of the Brisbane premiership run....... a good example to current players about foregoing current salary in order to develop a great team to win premierships.... and get a meal ticket for the rest of your life.

i read that brad scott got a job at the AFL. I admit that I dont see much value in either Scott. About 18 years of coaching between them and a single premiership probably off the back of the previous coach. Chris has headed a good footy programme and the people around him have made him a "successful" coach. Brad hasn't had the benefits of being at a big club but I cant say that his teams have delivered more than what they should have. Obviously both of them have ridden on the backs of the Brisbane premiership run....... a good example to current players about foregoing current salary in order to develop a great team to win premierships.... and get a meal ticket for the rest of your life.
It is interesting they haven't announced what he will actually be doing there other than it being a "broad role". Wonder if the AFL thought if Scott didn't get a gig elsewhere, the Roos would be paying for his salary in 2020, which would then need to be funded by the AFL. So why not get something out of him and give North soft cap relief?

It is interesting they haven't announced what he will actually be doing there other than it being a "broad role". Wonder if the AFL thought if Scott didn't get a gig elsewhere, the Roos would be paying for his salary in 2020, which would then need to be funded by the AFL. So why not get something out of him and give North soft cap relief?

sounds like a reasonable assumption. They might ship him off to gold coast like they did to all the AFL people who went to melbourne.... but that sort of assumes that he knows something that could benefit the gold coasters...

Your mind works in devious ways.:oops:

But you might be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that would work. My understanding is that he's entitled to the full payout of his 2020 contract (repordedly somewhere around $700-800k) if he doesn't take up another coaching role and that the payment has to be included in under the Roos FD cap. Not sure which year. I guess Scott could agree to take less in his departure package if some of it is being paid via an alternate source but I'd be really disappointed to find out the AFL were facilitating something like that. They were reportedly offering Horse something >$1m per year so I guess the lions share comes from savings in signing Shaw on much less.

Not sure that would work. My understanding is that he's entitled to the full payout of his 2020 contract (repordedly somewhere around $700-800k) if he doesn't take up another coaching role and that the payment has to be included in under the Roos FD cap. Not sure which year. I guess Scott could agree to take less in his departure package if some of it is being paid via an alternate source but I'd be really disappointed to find out the AFL were facilitating something like that. They were reportedly offering Horse something >$1m per year so I guess the lions share comes from savings in signing Shaw on much less.
Would all depend on the terms of the contract, but I would be staggered if Scott taking a role at the AFL hasn't served to lower NM's obligations to pay him out fully. Even if it didn't achieve that under his NM coach contract, the AFL could have negotiated it with him in their contract. I would spew if that little rat was getting a full payout from North and a gig at the AFL!

Not sure on how the FD cap works around timing. Playing cap works that regardless of timing of the payment, the payment is counted in the last year that the player was listed at the club. I would guess that the FD cap works on just the time of payment, but just a guess.

But I was being a bit tongue in cheek as well.

Marvel Stadium
At night roof closed
Grass cooking :D

89DF0877-2655-4A6D-AA94-8883A0F85C13.jpeg

wicksy love your thread well done.

We can win tomorrow; deserving reward.

No Matthew Scharenberg.
Well that’s a disappointment.

This is my backyard.
I watched this “farm” develop from flat baron land.
It’s an impressive site in the flesh.
And so much better than pollution spewing coal fired generators.

Does anyone remember the Footy Kids books by Lorraine Wilson?

First series was released around 82'.

I'm looking to collect the first and second series and have been hunting the usual auction sites.

I remember the 'come on the Pies' book, pretty sure it was the one where Daicos had his teeth knocked out.

If anyone knows where these books can be found, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys and gals.

Good to be here.

Time now to check out and concentrate on the game.

MCG looking real good.

Rain stopped.

Go Pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back