Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stephen Dank charged with offences in NT over supplement injections
Disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank, the man at the centre of the Essendon Football Club’s supplements scandal, has been charged with several offences in the Northern Territory relating to his controversial peptide injections.
Matt Cunningham and Mark Buttler, NT News

Disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank has been charged with several offences in the Northern Territory relating to his controversial peptide injections.
Dank, 56, the architect of the Essendon Football Club’s supplements regime that saw 34 players banned from competition for a year, has been charged with causing serious harm, recklessly endangering serious harm and fraud.

The NT News reports that charges relate to his brief period of employment at Darwin’s Ageless Health Clinic NT in early 2017, but lawyers say it could have major ramifications for any future legal action taken by Essendon players.

Player-manager Peter Jess, who has been representing Essendon footballers in recent years, said the charges against Dank were alarming.

Mr Jess said there was never any proof the Bomber players were injected with thyamosin beta-4, the substance for which they were banned.

Stephen Dank was tied to supplements scandals in both the AFL and NRL.

Stephen Dank was tied to supplements scandals in both the AFL and NRL.

The Darwin case placed fresh doubt on what was given to them and the potential health implications, he said.

“It raises obvious concerns from my point of view,” Mr Jess said.

“Were there any other supplements/drugs that were given?

“I don’t think there’s any possibility he injected them with thyamosin beta-4. It wasn’t in the country.”
Dank declined to comment when contacted this week.

“Good to see the newspapers are on their toes,” he said.

“Thanks for your time.”

The charges are the latest step in a drastic fall from grace for the man who was once lauded for his cutting-edge approach to training elite athletes.

The mastermind of the Bombers’ supplements program, he was given a life ban by the AFL anti-doping tribunal in 2015 after being found guilty of 10 breaches of the anti-doping code.

In 2016 the 34 Essendon players who took part in Dank’s injection regime were banned from competition for 12 months.

The scandal also contributed to the resignations of Bombers’ coach James Hird and assistant coach Mark Thompson.

Dank was also tied to the NRL supplements scandal at the Cronulla Sharks, which resulted in a 12-month ban for the NRL club’s coach Shane Flanagan as well as backdated, year-long suspensions for 12 players.

In July 2016 he was injured when shots were fired at his home.

Less than a year later, the NT News revealed he was working at the Ageless Health Clinic as a peptide consultant.

At the time, a spokeswoman for the clinic said Dank was hired “to ensure the clinic can offer and demonstrate the best knowledge in peptide treatment and therapy.”

Management at the clinic declined to comment on Tuesday, saying the matter was now before the courts.

Dank has been summonsed to appear in the Darwin Local Court on December 18

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watching the ‘71 GF. Hawks v Saints.
half way through the third and StKilda are all over the Hawks.
how the hell did they lose this one?
some great name’s plying their trade.
Bloody great footy.

Rohan Connolly talked about that game on the footyology podcast this week, unless I'm mistaken. His description of the coverage made me want to check it out. Might have to take a look sometime soon.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rohan Connolly talked about that game on the footyology podcast this week, unless I'm mistaken. His description of the coverage made me want to check it out. Might have to take a look sometime soon.
It was footy old style.
With old style commentary.
In one incident, the greatest player of all time, Leigh Mathews wearing the number 32, ran across the front of a player at 90 degrees, raised his elbow and caught him flush on the jaw.
One commentator said “that was completely unnecessary “.
The other said “That was ALMOST reportable”!
Today, he would have got 8 weeks.
aside from that, watching so many familiar names, from both clubs, was pretty special.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was footy old style.
With old style commentary.
In one incident, the greatest player of all time, Leigh Mathews wearing the number 32, ran across the front of a player at 90 degrees, raised his elbow and caught him flush on the jaw.
One commentator said “that was completely unnecessary “.
The other said “That was ALMOST reportable”!
Today, he would have got 8 weeks.
aside from that, watching so many familiar names, from both clubs, was pretty special.

Ok, I'm going to (somehow) set aside some time to watch it. Sounds great.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I have scoured the world looking for a replacement for Eddie when he finally steps down.

I think that I have finally found the answer - a man who gets people to listen to him on a daily basis even though he has a putrid character and is hideously unattractive. A man who has a power to make people do things that no rational person would entertain if they weren't under his spell - especially women.

He has no morals. He puts no limits on himself - not just his food intake. His ego is only matched by his physical appearance.

If we can find a way to make him embrace the club, he would be the perfect successor to Eddie as president.

1575724731000.png

I have scoured the world looking for a replacement for Eddie when he finally steps down.

I think that I have finally found the answer - a man who gets people to listen to him on a daily basis even though he has a putrid character and is hideously unattractive. A man who has a power to make people do things that no rational person would entertain if they weren't under his spell - especially women.

He has no morals. He puts no limits on himself - not just his food intake. His ego is only matched by his physical appearance.

If we can find a way to make him embrace the club, he would be the perfect successor to Eddie as president.

View attachment 790645
What? You want us on the front page every day?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Grind part 2

Goes about 9 minutes or so.

focus is on the 2km time trial.

really good episode, the 9 minutes went so quickly.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
What? You want us on the front page every day?

eddie was liked in the past but he seems to be on the wane..... i dont think even his mother would like kyle but he still commands the attention of a large audience and he seems to have a magical power to make people do things...

actually donny trump wouldnt be a bad choice too but we'd have to hide the good cutlery..

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Ok People..

Heading off to the Maldives for 10 days.. then back again for Christmas and that..

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and a happy and prosperous new yr.

Breaking until the Feb-Mar to recharge the batteries and the 'if we f lose this res' and that re.

Let's make 2020 our yr.. let's f go for it.

Love yas.

DJ Gimpos

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

always sad to see our older players pass on.

Bill Welsh was the father of Peter Welsh (as the article notes).
Peter died in 2008 after a long illness.
Father living to grieve for a child.
Life isn’t easy.

Rest well.

Last edited:
Ok People..

Heading off to the Maldives for 10 days.. then back again for Christmas and that..

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and a happy and prosperous new yr.

Breaking until the Feb-Mar to recharge the batteries and the 'if we f lose this res' and that re.

Let's make 2020 our yr.. let's f go for it.

Love yas.

DJ Gimpos

Nothing better than the short trip in the Maldivian Taxi service, have a good break

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
damn it's hot in perth.... unfortunately i havent got air conditioning. I was thinking of phoning andrew bolt and asking him if he has a fujitsu in his place and whether he has a spare room..... maybe alan jones would let me sleep at his place while he's overseas....i think it's time for me to spend a little money and crank up the electricity bill...I tried to buy a cheapie from kmart today but no portables left....sold out. i wish i could phone alan for some advice....come back to australia alan, we need you!!

Dila20x

Draftee
Jun 26, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it would appear new plastic seats are being installed in the Sherrin Stand at Victoria Park. Walked the dog Friday arvo and noticed workers drilling holes in the foundation, removing the bench seating and installing a few blue seats. Should be welcome news for womens/VFL Magpie fans

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it would appear new plastic seats are being installed in the Sherrin Stand at Victoria Park. Walked the dog Friday arvo and noticed workers drilling holes in the foundation, removing the bench seating and installing a few blue seats. Should be welcome news for womens/VFL Magpie fans
I want one, loved those seats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back