Cancelled
May 22, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
The guy changed his story about the handball three times,
Until he struck upon the “God” version. Which stuck because his compatriots wouldn’t question Gods will.
After that cheat he spiralled into drug and alcohol addiction. Some might say he had a guilty conscience and this was his way out.
He did say at one time ”imagine how better a player I would have been if not for the drugs”. That’s pretty much a man at the lowest point.
He was a champion, he was an extraordinary talent. But his own on and off field actions should be included in his history and standing in the sport.

I think the reason he chose drugs was to get the same high as he did playing football. Carey, Ablett same. Happens often when players retire. It wouldn't have helped retiring in South America. s**t is everywhere and cheap.

Maradonas real stardom was in Napoli Italy. He is like a god there. Known as "The King" even today..

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Snuck this one in.
Just a couple of hours before end of year. why?
While I’m not entirely against the change, I think it should have been publicised, or put to the people, first.
The Government, all governments, have been happy over the years to spend up big to tell us about changes in policy. This is a change in our national anthem yet until now I’ve heard squat.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Snuck this one in.
Just a couple of hours before end of year. why?
While I’m not entirely against the change, I think it should have been publicised, or put to the people, first.
The Government, all governments, have been happy over the years to spend up big to tell us about changes in policy. This is a change in our national anthem yet until now I’ve heard squat.
I don't even know the majority of the words of our current anthem so any changes will be lost on me.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could have a think about changing one of the later lines in the second verse, for those who’ve come across the seas we’ve boundless plains to share. The wording is a bit inaccurate and many of those who have arrived from across the seas in recent years would disagree with the boundless plains we have to share.

Never liked the song but then again we had to assemble at school every Monday and sing god save our queen!
This would be my pick.

I too don't like our current anthem, this would be my choice.

It's a bit light and fluffy for me. Waltzing Matilda lyrics are not suited to an anthem. Advance Australia Fair is about the best we have from a mediocre group of contenders.
I think the words are good.
I begrudgingly stand for our current anthem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trickster

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
1990 GF on at 7pm tonight on Fox Footy if interested.
I've been watching quite a few of these classic games lately, the one thing which irks me is that they decide to skip some parts of the game.

A bit bemusing as its not like they need to hurry up to get to the next live game. Show the whole bloody thing! Open Mike with Tom Harley can wait 10 more mins

There was a post yesterday about how successful those that wore the #28 were. I did a bit of Googling and found the all-time Collingwood players list. I thought I'd check my Uncle's stats. I was surprised to find he was the 7th youngest to debut at 16 years 351 days. Unfortunately he did his knee later and his career was over before he turned 21. Guy Moore was his name, RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back