Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has narrowed about 35% without me doing anything! Thanks for the tip. I changed width as you suggested but it has only moved a fraction. Still, I am 50% better off than I was yesterday.
That does sound odd! It should give you the full page look as soon as you hit that button. Mine jumps from this narrow look to the wider one in an instant:
1612667521451.png
1612667479117.png
Perhaps something else is at play, but I have no idea why it's not working properly in your case.

That does sound odd! It should give you the full page look as soon as you hit that button. Mine jumps from this narrow look to the wider one in an instant:
View attachment 1053047
View attachment 1053046
Perhaps something else is at play, but I have no idea why it's not working properly in your case.
Are you using Windows and a browser? Should not be any issues as I jump between phone, laptop and desktop using Chrome. I don't use an app for Bjgfooty.

Are you using Windows and a browser? Should not be any issues as I jump between phone, laptop and desktop using Chrome. I don't use an app for Bjgfooty.
Yes, Windows 10 and a browser (Microsoft Edge) on a desktop computer. I don't think it has the issue of switching (without being told to) on my laptop. It's just been doing that on the main computer over the last few months. It's certainly not a major issue, but it is annoying and I would prefer that it wasn't happening!

View attachment 1053047
View attachment 1053046
It is a mystery to me. I am using chrome and for a while had bigfooty open on both laptops, with the page fully stretched on the old one and on the new one a gap of about a cm each side. I can only hope that the page is going to continue to stretch incrementally of its own accord.

It is a mystery to me. I am using chrome and for a while had bigfooty open on both laptops, with the page fully stretched on the old one and on the new one a gap of about a cm each side. I can only hope that the page is going to continue to stretch incrementally of its own accord.
1612669102420.png

Speaking of computers and similar I had an issue over the weekend. My Google Home speaker stopped working. Did some research and tried all the recommendations. Still no good. Chatted to Google support and they basically said power off and count to ten, then turn it back on. Do this exactly 12 times. Fixed it-go figure.

Thanks for filling me in Vicky. The last sentence of me being a little facetious 😊.
I assumed there would be crossover in aspects such as marketing including digital. I think something as simple as an hour or so spent to ensure all players have a bio is not too much to ask. After all they represent the Collingwood Football Club and in it’s important at for us (and our young daughters) to develop a greater affinity with the players. My 12 year old daughter asked me about Lin yesterday. Unfortunately I could tell her nothing other than she is a ‘new player’. I think these little things which are easy to do, but have a great impact should be done.
And also, I’m sure as a young player it’s important for them to feel a sense of pride and importance in being able to see we are all really interested in who they are.
Again, I’m not suggesting a complete makeover. I’m just really surprised as a big club we obviously could be a lot more professional here, rather than have it seem that things like player profiles are unfinished.

I'd assume there's been a CV19 impact this year. I seem to recall those elements being done more quickly in past years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one is great followed by Waltzing Matilda. Our current anthem is embarassing at best.
Our Anthem isn’t embarrassing, not in the least.
Thats not to say it is or will be our final choice.
But right here, right now, it’s better than God Save the Monarch on the other side of the world.
We are a nation still growing. And the day we finally cut the strings and step out on our own will be the day we also debate and find our forever national anthem.
Until then..... Advance Australia Fair!

Just a quick question, is the AFLW doing enough to play games in growth areas? For instance, Melbourne City are relocating (women have for 2021) in 2022 to Casey Fields to take advantage of the booking SE corridor (including Dandenong and Mornington Peninsula.
Would love to see games (Pies preferably) played in Frankston for instance.

Whitfield, Weitering most recent number 1 picks from the peninsula.
Girls playing AFL booming in the area.
Mt Eliza the biggest junior club in the state (probably country).

Saints have been very poor promoters out here.

Just a quick question, is the AFLW doing enough to play games in growth areas? For instance, Melbourne City are relocating (women have for 2021) in 2022 to Casey Fields to take advantage of the booking SE corridor (including Dandenong and Mornington Peninsula.
Would love to see games (Pies preferably) played in Frankston for instance.

Whitfield, Weitering most recent number 1 picks from the peninsula.
Girls playing AFL booming in the area.
Mt Eliza the biggest junior club in the state (probably country).

Saints have been very poor promoters out here.

Not really but I think we'll see more of that as it becomes more established. Not sure about us playing our home games on the Peninsula as the areas you suggest are Melbourne and St Kilda areas. Think we'd more likely head out to our Gippsland area. Love to see some games in Bendigo.

With all that Paddy mcCartin has been through, would be great if he has a great run in the Sydney VFL team and gets picked up in the mid season draft. Fingers crossed for the guy!

With all that Paddy mcCartin has been through, would be great if he has a great run in the Sydney VFL team and gets picked up in the mid season draft. Fingers crossed for the guy!
I really hope he doesn't get a head knock, but I'm not holding my breath. Just can't see this going well, given I can't think of any athlete in any code making it back from severe concussion issues.

Would be a great story though. Being around his brother in Sydney might help.

I really hope he doesn't get a head knock, but I'm not holding my breath. Just can't see this going well, given I can't think of any athlete in any code making it back from severe concussion issues.

Would be a great story though. Being around his brother in Sydney might help.
The story would be an even better one were it Collingwood's and not Sydney's, though if it were our's, we would have yet another player on our list who is one step away from the player scrap heap, at a time when we are trying to move our list firmly away from season and career ending injury player types. But as you say, all the best to him, and if he should come good, let it be against someone else, not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back