Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think recruiting is the most important thing in the whole process. If you manage to recruit the right players, you can make up for the coaching and injury management and trading. I look at the scharenberg freeman draft as more of a disaster than the stephenson treloar episode. Some of that - freeman - couldnt be forecast but scharenberg had a history of injury and he was given too much credit for his footy smarts. We've done well in some of the lower draft picks and I certainly wouldnt be writing Hine off but its hard not to see all the misses that we've had over the last decade and wonder what would have happened if we had done a little better. The dumping of players to get the payment situation fixed - if it has been fixed - was absolutely necessary but I'm not that confident that the guys we have got in are going to fill the places of those that departed. I must admit that i still dont understand the recruitment of players like trey ruscoe...its beyond me but I know nothing of these things. I am a little perplexed that Hine gets a pretty good run at BF while a lot of others like buckley gets savaged. I think some of it is due to the PR focus that Hine has had over the years. I think that he spends far too much time explaining his drafting agenda to anyone who will listen, but obviously the fans love it.
I totally agree. Let’s not forget we gave a 2nd round pick away in a strong draft for Murray. And 2 first round picks for Beams.

We should be reviewing our recruiting department. Maybe we will see plenty of changes with Graham Wright now back home.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I totally agree. Let’s not forget we gave a 2nd round pick away in a strong draft for Murray. And 2 first round picks for Beams.

We should be reviewing our recruiting department. Maybe we will see plenty of changes with Graham Wright now back home.

ironically, that isnt recruiting.... it's trading. The question for me is whether you should trade for high profiled players. And simplistic assessments dont always give the right answer. One of the first round picks that we traded for beams was swapped for a couple of lower picks to give enough points for Isaac Qaynor.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have read a few stories recently about Shane Tuck and CTE etc..............obviously a tragic story and worth investigating how footy contributed. It does strike me as weird that none of the stories (that I have seen anyway) mention that he was a boxer after his footy career ended?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
At least we are not burdened like Richmond supporters with having to vocally support a 'Derek Eggmolesse-Smith'. No way I could bring myself to call out his name at a game.

Derek?

McOrist

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
The East
AFL Club
Collingwood
1615334130059.png

1615334189766.png
1615334346043.png

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
May have just been me but had a bit of a chuckle today reading that North Melbourne have found an 'official Cheese Partner', have since spent a fair bit of this afternoon thinking about which cheese brand would best suit Collingwood as an official cheese partner.

My chuckle today is about the irrelevant president of an irrelevant club that has never played finals .... banging on to anybody who will listen that the AFL should play the Grand Final at night

Cochrane, who played a key role in coordinating last year’s inaugural night grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got two tickets for the game on Friday night. MCC members, through Ticketek. Not too painful, took about 5 minutes.

Can’t believe I’m gonna see the Pies play again in a few days.

If I don't get a ticket, make sure that the second ticket is available for me.;)

If I don't get a ticket, make sure that the second ticket is available for me.;)
So do we know how many will be sold in the AFL reserve and how many AFL members have Collingwood club support?
EDIT: " The AFL Members' Reserve has a capacity of almost 23,000 "

Last edited:

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
i know this has been said before, but I was looking at a recent grind episode, and saw a player number 27 and went to the site to see who that guy was, and other details...

well i got his name, but nothing else. There's several players who still dont have their details up. I dont understand why being professional means that you dont do things quickly. I understand that it might take weeks to organise a photoshoot and several meetings and months of post-production on the photos etc...... but how about a simple snap and 5 minutes editing the details? Just as an interim measure until the million dollar professional approach to doing media work has its time to do its magic.
You know it costs nothing for them to get an intern in to help with these duties. People will be lining up for a gig

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
What really shocks me is that the Collingwood Football Club has survived for 129 years.
The way members carry on it should have folded decades ago.
The fact is the club will carry on long after we are all gone and it will have successful periods and unsuccessful periods.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
What really shocks me is that the Collingwood Football Club has survived for 129 years.
The fact is the club will carry on long after we are all gone and it will have successful periods and unsuccessful periods.

I was just looking at a clip of the grammy's and i realise that we take it for granted that footballers get better over the years - although some old stagers will argue the point with you. In contrast to music where it's diabolically bad now. I was watching for about 10 seconds something with cardigan B.... geez...i'd rather go to a school presentation night... If the football nosedived like the music business has, we should just pull the pin and play the nintendo version

So do we know how many will be sold in the AFL reserve and how many AFL members have Collingwood club support?

11,000 is the number available for the AFL reserve but given there are corporate boxes, Medallion Club and other assorted AFL hangers on also within the reserve it is unlikely that quantity will be available for ordinary members. Collingwood has the highest number of members with club support, I seem to recall figures from 4/5 years ago had us at around 10,000 but that is likely higher now. It’s going to be a scramble to get tickets but thank goodness Bulldogs don’t have anywhere near as many members. Trying to get them next week for the Carlton game will be much more difficult.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fake News!

I really don't know our numbers but hope I get through this morning.

I hope Ticketek doesn't melt down.
Already different to past years, logged on then kicked off, now in some sort of queue, 'waiting for next purchase slot'. tick tock.

Got through. M26 under cover. Yes! A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back